dkw

Welcome Ross Barkley

17 minutes ago, Nibs said:

IBut I've always thought he can offer us SOMETHING and last couple of games we can see what that is. He still frustrates, still makes too many wrong decisions and in tight games he can be a liability but then again in tight games he could equally be the difference that helps win the game. He 100% gives us more goal threat than Kante, Kovacic or Jorginho ( just don't let him take the penalties!).

I've always hoped he'll succeed, despite having major doubts but I like him and I'm happy for him to battle for his place again next season.

I agree with that.

Posted (edited)

EbbxE75XsAEvHSn?format=jpg&name=900x900

EbbxF2BXgAE1G78?format=jpg&name=900x900

EbbxG30WoAIkybp?format=jpg&name=900x900

Another player that became much better under Lampard.

NamnlösB.png

In the last 10 games that Barkley played he has been 3 times MotM, made 2 goals and 4 assists.

Edited by Gol15

34 minutes ago, Gol15 said:

Another player that became much better under Lampard.

In the last 10 games that Barkley played he has been 3 times MotM, made 2 goals and 4 assists.

I am starting to think that Ross da Boss has surpassed Mount in Super Frank's eyes

EbnlXI1XgAExsvM?format=jpg&name=small

He is improved, I still think he could do much better today in few counter attacks, his vision must be improved. But he offers us a lot in games, I think he bought himself another season in the club.

If he will continue to show that football, that energy, that scoring ability, then there is no reason to sell him.

Good to see Ross enjoying some football, he has talent, maybe he needs someone like Lampard to give him a faith and stage.

He's slow at execution and his vision is not that great. He does everything else well enough. He won't win you titles but he can be the difference in tight games.

Very mixed bag Barkley, sometimes I would be glad to see the back of him, other times I'm happy he's here. He was good until he scored the goal, after that he was abysmal, ruined 3 good opportunities, especially the last one. But ultimately he made the difference, and that's exactly what we've been needing from midfield this season. 

Barkley is hilarious, I suppose like a lot of players who had a lot of natural talent but didn't have the footballing brain to match. Great piece of skill to get us into a four-on-two situation... then dithers on the ball, makes completely the wrong decision and then almost manages to even completely f**k that up. Great finish for the winner though.

Barkley is 27 in December and he's played under Sarri, Hodgson, Conte, Martinez, Moyes (etc.) - some high-level managers with clear ideas about how they want the game to be played, and none of them have managed to significantly improve him in any way (think Mourinho with Joe Cole). I don't seriously think he is going to develop into the player it seemed like he might as a 21-year-old - the Barkley we have now is probably what he's always going to be. Let's not kid ourselves - I don't seriously have any hope that he will ever be a player who is good enough to start for a side with top-level ambitions.

He'll probably end up at West Ham or something (which would be the end of him) or somewhere odd like Lazio. I don't mind having him around as a squad player but also wouldn't be all that concerned if he left.

4 hours ago, robdog said:

I am starting to think that Ross da Boss has surpassed Mount in Super Frank's eyes

EbnlXI1XgAExsvM?format=jpg&name=small

I highly doubt that. Mount has been very good and has played well on the restart.

40 minutes ago, jack_super_class said:

Typical Barkley performance really. Does some good things and then some horrible things. He has always lacked intelligence. Has been improving though, good goal today and right now id start him over Mount

I would not start him over Mount. Mount typically starts strong, then fades as the match goes. That’s where you bring Barkley on, especially against teams parking the bus. Offers something different going forward to break down such a team.

Still don't know what to make of him. It's like Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde. I still remember his monster long pass from pre-season, but I also remember his passing yesterday.

He's a good lad I think, technically sound and strong physically. He's just a bit too slow in the head for the highest level. He's the perfect man for obvious plays and runs, but if you give him multiple good options to chose from on the pitch he will start thinking and do neither.

25 minutes ago, Vagabond said:

Still don't know what to make of him. It's like Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde. I still remember his monster long pass from pre-season, but I also remember his passing yesterday.

He's a good lad I think, technically sound and strong physically. He's just a bit too slow in the head for the highest level. He's the perfect man for obvious plays and runs, but if you give him multiple good options to chose from on the pitch he will start thinking and do neither.

I just think he doesnt have the intelligence to be a top class player, he just does some incredibly dumb things and makes far too many bad decisions.

If he gets his decision making better we could have a 15+ goal midfielder but his decision making is similar is Boris pull out game...slow and always end up messy

Yes he messed up the pass with the 4 on 2, but he also eventually took the shot from the same move which Schmeichel managed to save just about. I think he has been more positive than negative in regards to his performances, so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

He has a thunderous shot. I think maybe Alonso and Emerson can match that from our squad. He's been very good of late. Probably our most dangerous midfielder.

Barkley is inconsistent and frustrating but that's exactly why he's a squad player and not a starter. The reason we've fell off in recent years is we've had too many squad player's starting week on week.

55 minutes ago, Brutos said:

If he gets his decision making better we could have a 15+ goal midfielder but his decision making is similar is Boris pull out game...slow and always end up messy

Your point on his decision making has always been the main problem with him. Decision making and his general awareness are both really poor. If Frank can help him to develop in that sense I think he will be a fantastic asset to the team, as he has been in the most recent games. In fairness to Barkley he’s now played under 3 managers in his short time with us, each of them asking him to play a different role which can’t have helped for a player who still hadn’t settled on one particular role at Everton.
Hopefully the stability we’re getting with Lampard in charge as well as the obvious fact he played in a similar role himself, will help Barkley massively. For me he’s more than deserving of regular starts at the moment, ideally alongside Kante and Kovacic.

Such a frustrating player. Talent oozing out of him but just doesn't perform well enough, regularly enough. Exactly the same at Everton. Just can't see it ever clicking for him really. All the potential to be world class but not reached those levels. Great option to have on the bench but to be a starter he has to be doing more, mainly getting more goals which our midfield is really lacking. Mount and Barkley are the two capable of scoring from midfield and neither does often enough. At least with Mount you can hope he will improve with age and find the net regularly.

With better decision making and consistency he has all the attributes to be a very good player.

All in all can we say he has been a good purchase? All things considered.  

His end product has been vital to us even before the virus break and he just keeps contributing in the final third which is really what he lack, specially since Tammy and Mount stopped making plays together.

With better decision making and consistency he has all the attributes to be a very good player.
All in all can we say he has been a good purchase? All things considered.  
I think so. He's never complained and has a good end product. 1 goal and 1 assist against Watford. Can't ask more.

Really frustrating that some games Barkley plays like this, and other times he puts on a disasterclass.

Same goes for Willian as well. They either have a 8/10 game or a 2/10