Welcome Ross Barkley

4 hours ago, PhilH930 said:

Plays better with less pressure and expectation (no disrespect to a much improved and fun to watch Villa side). Keep going agent Barkley!

It could be hes one of those players that needs to be an important first team definite starter, like he was at Everton. Some players just cant hack the step up and different pressure that comes with having to fight for your place against international superstars. Good luck to him at Villa.

Reading how Frank likes him a lot and he may force his way back in the side next season, just don’t see it. Nothing against Ross, just don’t see how he fits in with all the midfielders we have and even more coming through like Gallagher & Anjorin, no room at the inn. Media knee jerking because he’s had a decent start at Villa, let’s see in a few months. 

14 hours ago, Floyd25 said:

Reading how Frank likes him a lot and he may force his way back in the side next season, just don’t see it. Nothing against Ross, just don’t see how he fits in with all the midfielders we have and even more coming through like Gallagher & Anjorin, no room at the inn. Media knee jerking because he’s had a decent start at Villa, let’s see in a few months. 

I agree and think he wants regular football and that won't happen at Chelsea with the other players we have.

• 3 weeks later...

Found this today on footy365

But more likely, Villa will play into the feet of Grealish and miss this opportunity; they just aren’t the same attacking threat without Barkley taking some of the pressure off the number ten.

https://www.football365.com/news/wolves-v-aston-villa-forecast-low-scoring-draw-on-the-cards-in-west-midlands-derby

• 2 months later...

Two years to run on his contract come the end of the season. 

He's been out of the Villa starting line up for the last 3 games and last completed the full 90 minutes at the end of January. 

Can't say I see any path for him back into the Chelsea squad personally and wouldn't be surprised to see him sold for a relatively low fee during the summer. 

That injury came at a sh*t time for him. Was on fire before it and had he kept that up we could potentially have got a lot of money for him this summer.

Feel like we should be able to get 30 million for him though.

1 hour ago, ForeverCarefree said:

Two years to run on his contract come the end of the season. 

He's been out of the Villa starting line up for the last 3 games and last completed the full 90 minutes at the end of January. 

Can't say I see any path for him back into the Chelsea squad personally and wouldn't be surprised to see him sold for a relatively low fee during the summer. 

I think he still has a good set piece and shot yet agree with you he does not offer enough over the 90 minutes.

Like you barely see us recouping our outlay yet would say during his time here he scored some vital goals over the last few seasons.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/03/2021 at 13:35, jack_super_class said:

In the current formation its hard to see where him and Loftus Cheek would fit in. We can get good money for Barkley so i would sell.

Barkley hasn't looked good for Aston Villa & is struggling to make the team. I'm not sure what your definition of "good money" is but based on his performance at Villa I'm not seeing a rush to sign him.

Edited by gurru991
accuracy
4 hours ago, gurru991 said:

Barkley hasn't looked good for Aston Villa & is struggling to make the team. I'm not sure what your definition of "good money" is but based on his performance at Villa I'm not seeing a rush to sign him.

I think the only hope is Moyes taking him to West Ham, and we will do well to get our original money back.

I think we will be seriously struggling to offload several of our "loan army" and fringe players. Bakayoko, Drinkwater, Batshuayi, Barkley, Rahman, Loftus-Cheek, Brown, Baker, Zappacosta, Moses, Miazga, Kenedy. None of them have excelled on loan, so why is anyone going to sign them ? And even if they do why would they then pay anywhere near what Marina will no doubt be asking for ? In this covid climate, it's not as if any club is flush with money for transfers on "dead wood" ...

Barkley is one of those players I don't mind having as a bench option. Especially if that gives Mount a break late on.

I think that is where he is different from the others you can see him playing a squad role over the season the others not so sure.

I wonder with Moyes whether he will go for Barkley.

When Barkley was playing with Grealish he looked better perhaps as he had more time.

• 3 weeks later...
48 minutes ago, jack_super_class said:

Just watched him agains't Utd, he was awful. Another payer we are going to have a hard time selling.

Does Barkley have a "meh mode"? He's either impressive or crap, never just okay it seems.

Shame Grealish got injured, they were winning matches. And Barkleys minimal contributioms and linkups with Grealish were being overly highlighted and hyped. I reckon at one point we could of got £30m plus.

What im seeing now is Villa fans dint rate him one bit, and i think we may be able to con a team into maybe paying £20m. 

• 2 weeks later...

Just sums up why very top level football is not for Ross.

Shows flashes of brilliance but always destined to end up at a mid-table club.