Olivier Giroud to Chelsea

1 hour ago, IliyaKrostin said:

It all depends on who Arsenal will sign a striker. When they will sign one, we will announce Giroud.

Infact it depends on when BVB get michy, only then will they sell Auba which will end up with is getting Giroud.

A merry go-round. We are in a good position negotiation-wise. We are the least to gain as we are simply getting a 2nd striker.

On the other hand, Arsenal have the most to gain as they are getting a bloody world class striker. So all in all, if we can get the price to 15mil pounds etc, then so be it. We hold all the cards, we have them at a slight disadvantage, so lets make the most of it.

It's a done deal as BBC are now reporting Michy has gone to Dortmund.

No way we would let him go without knowing someone else is coming in.

Not sure how I feel about this one. Half my brain tells me we are signing an average player. The other half says, a) he knows the league and b) it's a better option than we already have.

Either way you look at it, it still pales in comparison to how City are going about things.

Edited by Elliott
7 minutes ago, Elliott said:

It's a done deal as BBC are now reporting Michy has gone to Dortmund.

No way we would let him go without knowing someone else is coming in.

Not sure how I feel about this one. Half my brain tells me we are signing an average player. The other half says, a) he knows the league and b) it's a better option than we already have.

Either way you look at it, it still pales in comparison to how City are going about things.

The real winners are Arsenal who get rid of an aeging player who wasn't good enough to start games while bringing in one of Europes top strikers.

We have replaced someone who has a better goal to game ratio than Giroud who is younger and still has some market value.

But it's the direction we seem to be going in....no direction

International footballer who scores for club and country when given the opportunity. Giroud is a far better option to lead the line right now for Chelsea then Batshuayi is. Giroud has proven himself, Batshuayi needs to go do that. If Giroud starts well, Morata will be second choice very quickly. Good signing all around is the Giroud pick up. 

People need to stop mentioning City. City are on a different level to us in all departments at the moment. Their club is attracting players with ease for a number of reason.

Edited by Famous CFC
On 2018-01-27 at 22:52, EdinburghBlue said:

Extremely underrated player IMO. I’d take him, I think he’s undervalued by Arsenal and the fans. He wouldn’t be an automatic starter but he’d be a really high quality back up.

@Edinburgh Blue I agree with your opinion tbh. I mean lets face itrata has not reached his best( which is aceptable its still only his first season) With the way michy is playing, Barcelona will be miserable. With omeone like Giroud the situation will be better since he is a goal scorer. I feel atm giroud is better than Morata IMO

19 minutes ago, london is blue said:

@Edinburgh Blue  I feel atm giroud is better than Morata IMO

I feel that I want to bang my head to the wall. The sentence almost feels like coming from arsenal mania forum.

It may be a fair discussion to compare Morata and Lukaku, where we can talk about Morata's positional awareness, Morata's holding ball ability at front, Lukaku's strength and Lukaku's run.

The only thing Giroud is better than both of them is his first touch skill.

I don't rate Giroud but he is acutally a better option than Batshuayi (at this moment). For a fee under 20m and the possibility for Bats to play regular football elsewhere and come back stronger in the summer I am quite happy because I think for the rest of the season Morata/Giroud seems better than Morata/Batshuayi. In the Summer we can add Tammy and a hopefully confident Bats to the squad, so why not?! Bats never was an option for Conte, so maybe Giroud will be

4 minutes ago, Womble said:

Why the f**k couldn't our board just strike a deal with Dortmund and do a straight swap between Aubu and Bats and leave the chavs with the selfie taking king giroud ffs!!!!:mad:

That would make too much sense from our side.

We probably can't match the wages or don't want to so short term options suit us better.

It's a bit demoralising really

52 minutes ago, Womble said:

Why the f**k couldn't our board just strike a deal with Dortmund and do a straight swap between Aubu and Bats and leave the chavs with the selfie taking king giroud ffs!!!!:mad:

Because Conte wants a big striker, the board aren't backing him with more expensive signings but at least they aren't ignoring him on criteria.

A lot of fans just want big names so we don't look stupid in this window. 

46 minutes ago, abramovich said:

I don't mean to be a moaner, but why is it we're always the last to announce deals? Aubameyang is signed, so is Batshuayi, what's the holdup? It's almost like Marina is haggling with the cab driver over the fare for taking Giroud to Cobham.

Not to forget letting Kennedy leave before we confirmed Palmieri, anything could've happened during the medical or prior in order to prevent the signing taking place.

54 minutes ago, abramovich said:

I don't mean to be a moaner, but why is it we're always the last to announce deals? Aubameyang is signed, so is Batshuayi, what's the holdup? It's almost like Marina is haggling with the cab driver over the fare for taking Giroud to Cobham.

6 minutes ago, Imran_CFC said:

Not to forget letting Kennedy leave before we confirmed Palmieri, anything could've happened during the medical or prior in order to prevent the signing taking place.

We do seem to take longer than we should to sign players. In recent times it always seem's to be one out before one comes in.

1 hour ago, abramovich said:

Probably still in for Dzeko LOL.

While we're at it, a cheeky late bid for Lucas Moura would be hilarious as well ...  already got the song : "The sh*t from Spurs they bought his flight, but Lucas Moura he saw the light ...." etc etc

2 hours ago, Zeta said:

So Arsenal have got their player. Dortmund have got theirs. What's to stop Arsenal pulling the plug on Giroud and f**king us over? Surely we should have made sure that couldn't happen, by not being the last ones to complete the deal in the triangle.

From what I understand Bats will not be going on loan unless we sign a replacement. So the Bats loan will not happen if the Giroud deal fails.

Going to be a pisser if at the last minute we get no striker. To be fair, it wouldn't be a surprise. We've got Girrroooud, Olivvverrrr Girrroooud, I just don't think you understand. He's  as handsome as Franky Lamps, he heads the ball like Hasselbaink. We've got Olivvverrrr Girrroooud. 

Edited by Famous CFC