Olivier Giroud to Chelsea

44 minutes ago, robdog said:

gotta admit, I was wrong about this guy - I remember when le voyeur bought him over from Lyon, I thought he wasn't up to snuff - he has been proving me wrong all through his career & in fact I am now in love with Ollie G - Thanks Arsenal for allowing Chelsea take Ollie G from your lot!!!

olivier-giroud-chelsea-2019-20_fpabcomw8

as an added bonus to this post, I have a video to show

Montpellier not Lyon.

30 minutes ago, Valerie said:

I predict a new homebrew named after Ollie....

hmm That is a good one - The French aren't normally known for their strong ales - I might have use a Belguim Strong Ale recipe - but naw I am not that much in love with Ollie G - he isn't on Eden's or Frank's level

• 1 month later...
On 27/07/2020 at 09:01, robdog said:

hmm That is a good one - The French aren't normally known for their strong ales - I might have use a Belguim Strong Ale recipe - but naw I am not that much in love with Ollie G - he isn't on Eden's or Frank's level

French Strong Ale, Biere De Garde:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bière_de_Garde#:~:text=Bière de Garde ("beer for,de-Calais region of France.

• 2 weeks later...

1 hour ago, seanlu13913 said:

If he does leave doesn’t that just leave us with two strikers? 

Yes and no, we will only have two out and out strikers but Kai can play there and can do it very well.

Would be a shame to lose a player of Oli's skillset but Euro 2021 next year and Juve don't have an out and out striker since releasing Higuain so can't really blame him.

Edited by Argo
5 minutes ago, Argo said:

Yes and no, we will only have two out and out strikers but Kai can play there and can do it very well.

Would be a shame to lose a player of Ole's skillset but Euro 2021 next year and Juve don't have an out and out striker since releasing Higuain so can't really blame him.

he's on an extension, so Chelsea will likely get a small fee... reports are 5M. 

Crazy to think that I wasn't bothered at all at the prospect of him going to Spurs in January, now it's September and I don't want him to leave to Italy. Such a quality striker, I hope he stays here but with Werner and Abraham to compete with, I can't see him wanting to stay. 

57 minutes ago, evissy said:

Him leaving would actually make us worse. He was one of our best after the restart. From his point of view I understand it naturally but... Hope we manage to keep him. 

It wouldn’t though; like Argo said we have 3 players more than capable of playing that role very well. You don’t make a 15 PL goal scorer your 3rd choice, and your 3rd choice forward will hardly get any games (see Batshuayi). With the Euros next year makes sense for both parties.

I'd be devastated if he leaves. We need his experience, his cold head and physical presence from the bench and even as starter if Timo gets stuck in long drought periods.

Send Abraham on loan or even sell him just make sure Giroud stays for another two years. These might be very successful seasons and our project number 1 is Werner who is also young so at the moment Tammy is useless unlike Giroud. Just show him he will get his minutes. The most thing I'm afraid of entering the season is Abraham being option number 2 ahead of Giroud because Frank loves his academy players so much. This mustn't be the case

Edited by Droopy

I wouldn't have minded if he left but am glad to have him here because he offers something very different to Werner and Abraham. It seems that people like him more for his attitude and professionalism than how good he is, which is fair enough I suppose, but if we were to offload a forward this window then it should be him rather than Abraham.

He's obviously not suited for the lightning quick counter attacks we're likely to see with Werner and the like, but I would hate to see Giroud leave. He is absolutely class for us still and really offers us a big threat at set pieces. His link up play is great too and he holds the ball up really well. The typical number 9. He's totally unique in what he offers compared to any other of our players at Chelsea. Do not let this man leave.

Also my other half quite likes him.

Edited by SlantyTown