Olivier Giroud to Chelsea

3 minutes ago, Munkworth said:

Deschamps encouraging him to leave again. He’s up there with the Martinez and his insistence on playing Hazard every minute he could level of c**tery for me, it’s not our fault France only has one decent striker who’ll play for the prick. 

He's kind of right though, Giroud is too good to be our 3rd striker and he doesn't have too much time left at the top. You could say that he is a valuable option for us to use tactically but Lamps doesn't seem to have that in his consideration.

I don't want him to go in Jan though as if we have an injured striker in the business end of the season then we are less likely to be f**ked.

6 minutes ago, sonic90 said:

He's kind of right though, Giroud is too good to be our 3rd striker and he doesn't have too much time left at the top. You could say that he is a valuable option for us to use tactically but Lamps doesn't seem to have that in his consideration.

I don't want him to go in Jan though as if we have an injured striker in the business end of the season then we are less likely to be f**ked.

It’s none of his concern, he’s not the Chelsea manager. If he wants to pick Giroud then he picks Giroud whether he’s playing or not.

11 minutes ago, Munkworth said:

It’s none of his concern, he’s not the Chelsea manager. If he wants to pick Giroud then he picks Giroud whether he’s playing or not.

I don't appreciate international managers commenting on our players and overusing them either but I was just talking about his situation here seperately.

As you said he only has 1 striker of Girouds profile and the next tournament is coming up, it makes sense that he's panicking a bit. Maybe someone should tell him Benzema is available, just keep your sex tapes well hidden.

42 minutes ago, Munkworth said:

Deschamps encouraging him to leave again. He’s up there with the Martinez and his insistence on playing Hazard every minute he could level of c**tery for me, it’s not our fault France only has one decent striker who’ll play for the prick. 

That's exactly who it reminds me of, but Deschamps has been going at it for years now. Even though it's the club that pays for his wages and wellbeing, not France. These international managers can f**k off. 

Martinez was a total prick though, couldn't stop egging Hazard on to go to another club also, an absolute twat. I think it's from his Wigan days he's always had this hatred of our club. 

35 minutes ago, abramovich said:

Every time French players join their national team rumours about them being unhappy at their clubs start popping up. Is it me or does it happen time and again?

It's always about non-French clubs, it must be the French press enjoying to embellish (or make up) anything to put foreign clubs in a baddish light :biggrin:

11 hours ago, Spiller86 said:

Understandable that he wants to move on. At his age you just want to play. 

He was superb last season and it boggles my mind that he hasn't featured more. 

Its the fact he's not featured more which is why our opinion of him is as high as it is.

He's an incredibly streaky player which is why Sarri and Lampard have both come across as a bit bipolar in regards to selecting him. When he's on form he's a real asset but when he's not his form can be quite destructive, twice Arsenal bombed out of title races because he hit goal droughts at a time Arsenal really couldn't afford him too.

That's why we're happy with him and Arsenal fans constantly moaned about him, because for us he plays when his form merits it, with Arsenal he was bonafide number one for 4 years.

12 hours ago, Spiller86 said:

Understandable that he wants to move on. At his age you just want to play. 

He was superb last season and it boggles my mind that he hasn't featured more. 

Superb? This time last year people were saying he’s finished and should never play for us again. Scoring a couple of goals against the mighty Sweden does not earn him a starting place for us.

1 hour ago, Argo said:

Its the fact he's not featured more which is why our opinion of him is as high as it is.

He's an incredibly streaky player which is why Sarri and Lampard have both come across as a bit bipolar in regards to selecting him. When he's on form he's a real asset but when he's not his form can be quite destructive, twice Arsenal bombed out of title races because he hit goal droughts at a time Arsenal really couldn't afford him too.

That's why we're happy with him and Arsenal fans constantly moaned about him, because for us he plays when his form merits it, with Arsenal he was bonafide number one for 4 years.

Not sure it's this.

Very simply he doesn't offer us enough at the moment to be ahead of someone who isn't doing too badly at the moment and may pay incredibly dividends as a long-term investment. Tammy every day over an ageing but admittedly good striker. But I sympathize with him wanting to move on.

Understandable that he wants to move on but he isn't going to command a big fee (honestly he's probbaly going to go for £5-10m) and only has 6 months left on his contract so we hold all the cards, I personally think he will be professional even if forced to stay so there's no way we should let him go unless we have a good replacement.

There is a chance that Lamps genuinely doesn't rate him though, or simply sees him as an obstacle to Tammy's development.

12 minutes ago, MayosNoun! said:

Giroud is lightyears ahead of Tammy as a lone frontman. It’s absolute lunacy to think otherwise. 

Top teams don’t use a target man anymore though, and this weird idea a top team will be in for him if he leaves is false. Lyon where interested in him as a replacement for Depay, can’t see what team he will walk into in Jan. 

It was always crazy keeping 3 forwards though when we also Havertz comfortable in that role. And for those saying he should be ahead of Tammy, you can’t just demote a young forward who scored 15 league goals in his debut season. Smacks of short-termism. Tammy for me has been very good this season, improving most aspects of his game.

3 hours ago, bluedave said:

Superb? This time last year people were saying he’s finished and should never play for us again. Scoring a couple of goals against the mighty Sweden does not earn him a starting place for us.

After the West Ham game last season, I said he was finished completely, but in 2020 he was superb, especially in our restart. Practically helped us get into the top 4, without him we would've been screwed since Abraham just couldn't get into form. 

I do think Giroud is better than Abraham and will score more goals if you give them the same playing time. But it's obvious why Frank persists with Tammy instead, because Tammy has potential and a lot more time, whereas with Giroud, nobody knows when he'll rapidly decline now he's approaching mid 30's. You don't really want to invest that strongly in a striker around his age.