Jump to content

Welcome Emerson Palmieri!


Recommended Posts


1 hour ago, Famous CFC said:

Because the likes of Barcelona, Real Madrid, FC Bayern and Manchester City, and maybe Manchester United would be all over him. Plus, the price for the next legendary WB wouldn't be under 20 million. 

Real Madrid have Theo Hernandez and Marcelo as Lb´s, Barcelona have Jordi Alba, City spent a sh*t ton of money on Mendy and Delph has been good as a Lb so they dont need him.

Bayern have Alaba and Bernat, dont need him, and United have Luke shaw who has been good for them recently, so they are probably waiting to see if they will need reinforcments there or not.

Roma have problems with FFP and they desperately needed to sell someone, hence the low price. Also, feel free to check out any Roma forum or the replies to their announcement on twitter, to see how pissed they are with Emerson´s sale.

Oh, and last, but not least, he was Juventus´s first choice to replace Alex Sandro should he leave, so he is clearly a highly rated prospect by everyone who have watched him, AKA not you.

Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Lucashm said:

Real Madrid have Theo Hernandez and Marcelo as Lb´s, Barcelona have Jordi Alba, City spent a sh*t ton of money on Mendy and Delph has been good as a Lb so they dont need him.

Bayern have Alaba and Bernat, dont need him, and United have Luke shaw who has been good for them recently, so they are probably waiting to see if they will need reinforcments there or not.

Roma have problems with FFP and they desperately needed to sell someone, hence the low price. Also, feel free to check out any Roma forum or the replies to their announcement on twitter, to see how pissed they are with Emerson´s sale.

Oh, and last, but not least, he was Juventus´s first choice to replace Alex Sandro should he leave, so he is clearly a highly rated prospect by everyone who have watched him, AKA not you.

You guys related? Seria A is like watching paint dry. Dont need to go on Roma forums, I can get all my Italian news from you. It's like watching gazette football Italia all over again.Gooooaaaaallllllllll Lazzzzzzzziiioooooooooo 

Alba, Shaw, Delph, Bernat, Alaba, Hernandez wouldn't matter one bit, maybe even the starters at those clubs if Emerson was the best thing since slice bread. 

Edited by Famous CFC
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Famous CFC said:

You guys related? Seria A is like watching paint dry. Dont need to go on Roma forums, I can get all my Italian news from you. It's like watching gazette football Italia all over again.Gooooaaaaallllllllll Lazzzzzzzziiioooooooooo 

Alba, Shaw, Delph, Bernat, Alaba, Hernandez wouldn't matter one bit, maybe even the starters at those clubs if Emerson was the best thing since slice bread. 

Oh boy, not gonna waste my energy

Link to post
Share on other sites

Can definitely accelerate faster than Alonso can, while being pretty energetic and consistent. He definitely wasn't phenomenal for Roma but he did enough to avoid much criticism. 

Apparently he's more conservative going forward than Alonso - his dribbling is probably better than Alonso's but he lacks the vision to perform extravagant crosses like Alonso can and he also doesn't really shoot on goal much from what I've seen. Instead he goes for relatively safe passes. 

Glad to have reasonably capable cover at LWB, plus he probably has higher upside than Alonso does. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

I was a bit underwhelmed with him but then it's his first outing with a new team in a new league.  Several good moments but he seemed a bit uninvolved.

On the other hand with the Willian/Fab/Giroud show going on down the middle we didn't use our flanks much - at several points in the match I had forgotten Zappa was playing.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Decent start. Would have liked to see more of him going forward, seemed mostly happy to pass it sideways/backwards, but got forward on a few occasions. Suppose you can't expect too much in a first game back after a long injury. Would just be nice if we signed players who were actually fit for a change.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Bloo said:

I was a bit underwhelmed with him but then it's his first outing with a new team in a new league.  Several good moments but he seemed a bit uninvolved.

On the other hand with the Willian/Fab/Giroud show going on down the middle we didn't use our flanks much - at several points in the match I had forgotten Zappa was playing.

I had this for both of them in the second half. Being in the shed I didn’t see much of them :laugh2:

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...

On 1/30/2018 at 23:10, Famous CFC said:

Seria A looks like League One. Just walking through players. Wouldn't happen in the EPL that. Reminds me of Kenedy, but with better feet.

You are aware the player in your avatar came from the Serie A? 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Well, this is awkward!

awkward the office GIF

The Shed End Forum relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible without pop ups, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online and continue to keep the forum up, as over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this domain by switching it off. Some of the advert banners can actually be closed to avoid interferance of your experience on The Shed End.

Cheers now!

emma watson yes GIF

Alright already, It's off!