Welcome Emerson Palmieri!

Blueblur

He has no defensive bone in his body, I don't want to see him at LB or even LWB ever again. I do feel that he is decent at attacking on the wing though so maybe he can be used there as a reserve.

If fully converted as a winger I would say he would be better at scoring/assisting than Victor Moses.

Both him and Alonso seem to want to play the game in 3rd gear. Little/no urgency, particularly when defending. Ideally we’d sell both of them this window and get in a genuine back-up option. At this point I’d hope we might consider bringing Maatsen into the first team and using Azpi as second choice LB with Maatsen adding more depth. 

I really don’t rate this guy, him causally jogging back for the goal should be the end of him here.

No desire to run back is surely unacceptable for a professional footballer, it’s not like he could of been too tired!

Edited by 2211

• 5 months later...

He seems like a very lovely player in the dressing room. It's understandable that he's not in Tuchel's plans, but it doesn't affect on the players to celebrate with him. It was amazing to watch it.

His finishing was good as well, important goal to complete our mission against Atletico.

Surprised nobody mentioned him - I thought he had a pretty decent game yesterday. Can remember basically only one minor mispositioning and the rest was rather good imho. Did play an important role in the 1:0 as well.

• 3 months later...

Was surprised to see him in the Italian squad the other day - possible starter today too I guess. Would be funny if he'd win the Euros as a starter after this season.

8 minutes ago, dansubrosa said:

Actually think Spain have a better chance of winning now because Emerson will be replacing Spinazzola. He always loses his man, terrible defender.

I'm hoping Emerson plays an absolute blinder to put himself FIRMLY in the shop window ... and that we don't then start pissing about with loans ... straight sale for whatever we can get ...

In the first half yesterday he looked as likley as anyone to be able to break the Spanish defence.

He was working offensively very nicely down the left side.

I recall three opportunities, one that ended in him taking a shot that Simon either saved or hit the crossbar, one I forget the details and the last where he runs cross pitch to the edge of the penalty area and gets tackled. 

Think if he passed or crossed in a couple of those situations Italy might have had more joy.

Noticed once he was caught upfield making an overlapping run and Spain got possession and Insigne had to rush back to defend.

Emerson's defensive play still looks questionable at times though with this kind of exposure perhaps another club will make an offer.

I thought he did pretty well considering he hasn't practically played for a whole season. Was actually the only one who was able to pose some attacking threat with his runs in the first half. Could have scored one hell of a goal as well. His long runs were part of the plan I guess so Insigne covering him up there at times hence is mandatory imho.

2 hours ago, weetee said:

I thought he did pretty well considering he hasn't practically played for a whole season. Was actually the only one who was able to pose some attacking threat with his runs in the first half. Could have scored one hell of a goal as well. His long runs were part of the plan I guess so Insigne covering him up there at times hence is mandatory imho.

Makes you wonder if this play was made as they thought Azpi was the weak spot to exploit in Spain's side.

Posted (edited)
44 minutes ago, Strider6003 said:

Makes you wonder if this play was made as they thought Azpi was the weak spot to exploit in Spain's side.

Wouldn't surprise me. It was pretty obvious imho that Spain quite often attacked from their left side for large parts of the first half - where one would think the opposite would happen since Emerson really seemed like the weak spot on paper*. At least that's how it seemed to me. Anyway, good for him and his self esteem.

* edit: maybe that's due the fact that they tried their luck with sending mostly speedy Chiesa on the (long) run with him losing the ball more often than not hence Spain attacking through their left side.

Edited by weetee

12 hours ago, axman2526 said:

Napoli said to have made a 8mill offer for him as a first bid. Looks like he may get his move back to Italy.

After his perfomances in the Euro's, surely we can get a bit more. Nothing less than £20m for me.