Jump to content

Welcome Emerson Palmieri!


Recommended Posts

10 minutes ago, RIP Mourinho said:

I really don't see what your point is here.

Are you moaning that he isn't getting played or moaning that he isn't good enough?

He isn't getting played because, as mentioned before, he has the most inform LB in the world in front of him at the moment. Alonso is undroppable (is this even a word?) atm. Just a shame Emerson is injured for this week.

If you're trying to claim he isn't a good player then you clearly haven't watched him much. He's been class every time he's played for us and Juve wanted him to replace A.Sandro when he was only 22. The lads 24 and has heaps of talent. Plenty of players to moan about (Drinkwater and Zappacosta) but Emerson ain't one of them.

Drinkwater never really got his chance and whenever he played he was pretty good, just Conte had a hard-on for playing Bakayoko every game. Plus Drinkwater was always restricted to big games for some reason, so whenever he did play he had a much harder obstacle to impress. 

The only disappointments have been Bakayoko, Zappa & Morata who haven't really been good enough, although I think Zappa is a good squad player. Although Drinkwater is still probably a disappointing signing but I don't think that's down to his performances, he's just never really been given the chance, it was such a pointless bloody signing. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Slojo said:

Drinkwater never really got his chance and whenever he played he was pretty good, just Conte had a hard-on for playing Bakayoko every game. Plus Drinkwater was always restricted to big games for some reason, so whenever he did play he had a much harder obstacle to impress. 

The only disappointments have been Bakayoko, Zappa & Morata who haven't really been good enough, although I think Zappa is a good squad player. Although Drinkwater is still probably a disappointing signing but I don't think that's down to his performances, he's just never really been given the chance, it was such a pointless bloody signing. 

Drinkwater was a bit of a James Milner signing, as in he'll always give you somewhere between a 5/10-7/10 performance. Never actually influence a game but keep it tidy. That would have been fine had we got him on a free like James Milner but we spent £35m on him ffs. With that kind of money spent you expect SO much more.

Bakayoko and Morata i think my opinions are quite clear on this forum.

Zappa is another one that will give an okay performance but we spent £25m on him. Not worth it, not when we had Old Aina who could offer the same level of performance as he's now showing in Zappa's old position at Torino.

This is where Emerson differs imo, he was a class player before we signed him and we didn't really have appropriate cover at LB that could have done a similar job. Azpi, Zappa are both RB's, Da Silva isn't really prem ready quite yet etc. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, mwblue10 said:

Turns out he wasn’t injured, just not included.  Confirmed himself on Twitter.

He was injured a week ago though. Maybe Sarri felt he didn't want to risk it and bring him back early. Only reason I can think for Sarri leaving him out. The squad needs to be carefully managed otherwise we'll end up with injury after injury like last season. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

9 hours ago, Argo said:

He's good when he has the ball but his off the ball play is all over the shop.

He was getting into decent positions with the ball but his delivery was poor. Couple of times he got to the byline and hit his crosses into the side netting of the goal. 

He's pacy and quite skillful, much more so than Zappacosta who just runs into people but he needs to work on that final ball. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...

It seems to have become somewhat of a tradition for us to sign very talented left-backs, good enough to be a starter at a club of our level, who are simply incapable of getting into the first team because of how good the first-choice is:

Zhirkov (couldn't get past Ashley Cole or peak Malouda)

Luis (couldn't get past Azpilicueta)

Now Emerson...

 

Still, at least it gives us an opportunity for a new song (to the tune of Elvis Costello's Alison):

Eeeeeeeemerson

I know this club keeps benching you

Eeeeeeeemerson

Your heart is blue (or something to that effect that ends with the word 'blue').

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, RIP Mourinho said:

Would like to see him start tonight but saw a Chelsea account on twitter predicting the line up based on training bibs and looks like Azpi and Alonso both likely to start.

I saw something on the BBC yesterday (a much more reliable source than twitter) which showed a cat predicting the sex of the new royal foetus.

Which one of our prediction-methods of choice do you think will be right? What about a small wager with proceeds going to help run the forum?

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, yorkleyblue said:

I saw something on the BBC yesterday (a much more reliable source than twitter) which showed a cat predicting the sex of the new royal foetus.

Which one of our prediction-methods of choice do you think will be right? What about a small wager with proceeds going to help run the forum?

They should have got David Icke to do it '' Congratulations it's going to be a lizard''.

Link to post
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, yorkleyblue said:

I saw something on the BBC yesterday (a much more reliable source than twitter) which showed a cat predicting the sex of the new royal foetus.

Which one of our prediction-methods of choice do you think will be right? What about a small wager with proceeds going to help run the forum?

How does a cat predict such a thing may i ask?

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, RIP Mourinho said:

How does a cat predict such a thing may i ask?

They put out two bowls of food, one marked with a blue label and one marked with a pink one, but with the positions of the labels such that the cat could not see which was which, for obvious reasons, and then they unleashed the Kracken, no the Dogs of War ,  no the cat, then waited for the cat to eat from one bowl or the other.  I am honestly not making this up, this was a feature on BBC Breakfast yesterday morning, and is available on the Iplayer, I expect.

34 minutes ago, bluehaze said:

They should have got David Icke to do it '' Congratulations it's going to be a lizard''.

::clap2::::clap2::::clap2::One for the older gent in here, I expect (and the older lady too, obviously)

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bluehaze said:

They should have got David Icke to do it '' Congratulations it's going to be a lizard''.

Yet another excellent contribution to British culture from Leicester, alongside Engelbert Humperdinck, Adrian Mole, that guy who was the fattest man in Britain, and Emile Heskey. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, yorkleyblue said:

They put out two bowls of food, one marked with a blue label and one marked with a pink one, but with the positions of the labels such that the cat could not see which was which, for obvious reasons, and then they unleashed the Kracken, no the Dogs of War ,  no the cat, then waited for the cat to eat from one bowl or the other.  I am honestly not making this up, this was a feature on BBC Breakfast yesterday morning, and is available on the Iplayer, I expect.

::clap2::::clap2::::clap2::One for the older gent in here, I expect (and the older lady too, obviously)

Can't be me for numerous reasons :biggrin: , most importantly because I only know "Congratulations, it's a squid".

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Well, this is awkward!

awkward the office GIF

The Shed End Forum relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible without pop ups or video adverts, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online and continue to keep the forum up, as over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this domain by switching it off. Some of the advert banners can actually be closed to avoid interferance of your experience on The Shed End.

Cheers now!

emma watson yes GIF

Alright already, It's off!