Alvaro Morata

coco
Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

24 minutes ago, mwblue10 said:

Serious question, do you want us to just roll with Giroud as the main striker then, or buy another and have 3 options?

I would think most of us on here want Giroud starting and Morata to prove himself from the bench, if Morata goes on loan^ we need a new forward or Michy back.

37 minutes ago, coco said:

No good him moaning about refs, Salah is getting battered and still outscored him x4. And all this "he's got it in the locker" stuff is grasping at straws imo. It's just one of those things, he isn't good enough to lead a top team, cant blame the club for buying him, we all got caught up in the expectation. What we mustn't do is rely on him next season, maybe with less pressure he can improve ?

You don't get to play for Real and Juve by being average. There's no doubt in my mind he has necessary technical and physical attributes to be a top class striker. But there are other things he's lacking and it's his attitude. He gets bullied quite easily and it's unacceptable at that level, especially for someone who is supposed to lead the line. Giroud doesn't have Morata's natural talent but he's a fighter who knows what the role requires and he puts himself about. I think Morata is used to the idea of playing a second striker, someone with less responsibility than the go to guy and it showed this season. He needs to overcome this and prove he's the man.

I doubt the club will loan him out after one season. He's our most expensive player, still relatively young and they'll want to be patient with him.

16 minutes ago, coco said:

I would think most of us on here want Giroud starting and Morata to prove himself from the bench, if Morata goes on loan^ we need a new forward or Michy back.

Agreed.  Let Morata start some cup games and if he becomes more clinical, he can get more time in the league.

21 minutes ago, coco said:

Giroud first choice for a season :laugh2: , does anyone really want that? I wouldn't be surprised to see Morata score alot under a new manager who plays attacking football.

Just now, coco said:

Yeah it was down to Conte he has missed those crucial one on ones, blame Conte the kid can't finish, heard it all now.:laugh2:

I am talking about his confidence, new manager with new style which will be more attacking, doesnt slag of the signings in the press. Morata has missed some sitters but I still think a different manager will give him more confidence. 

So you do want Giroud as first choice next season then? 

1 hour ago, Ernie_blue said:

Giroud first choice for a season :laugh2: , does anyone really want that? I wouldn't be surprised to see Morata score alot under a new manager who plays attacking football.

Seriously? "Attacking football" would hardly make any difference if he keeps missing sitters. 

Edited by didierforever

8 minutes ago, Bluefog said:

Who'd be surprised to see a 2 year loan deal to Juve for Morata with a £30m option to buy?

Exaggerating if course, but we've done silly business like that plenty of times before.

Wouldn’t shock me if he left in a deal like that tbh.

2 hours ago, Ernie_blue said:

I am talking about his confidence, new manager with new style which will be more attacking, doesnt slag of the signings in the press. Morata has missed some sitters but I still think a different manager will give him more confidence. 

So you do want Giroud as first choice next season then? 

Morata is an arm round the shoulder kind of personality, a new manager that does that instead of slagging him off to the press could potentially get his chin up. 

1 hour ago, Munkworth said:

Morata is an arm round the shoulder kind of personality, a new manager that does that instead of slagging him off to the press could potentially get his chin up. 

New manager, new formation, new style, a manager who can deal with a squad better and you might see a better player specially after his had 1 year in the prem. Tbf this season has been a general disaster. Nice to see Morata has taken over Baka's mantle though.

9 hours ago, didierforever said:

Seriously? "Attacking football" would hardly make any difference if he keeps missing sitters. 

It's ridiculous how much you constantly bash Morata while praising Bakayoko for the most simple things who's been 10 times worse.

So which is it then? Bakayoko is just lacking confidence but can come good, however, Morata missing sitters is definitely some inevitability that can never be repaired and we must sell him now while we can? The lack of inconsistency is ridiculous. I might stick up for Morata more than most but at least I criticise both players for their lack of quality shown this season. 

2 hours ago, Slojo said:

It's ridiculous how much you constantly bash Morata while praising Bakayoko for the most simple things who's been 10 times worse.

So which is it then? Bakayoko is just lacking confidence but can come good, however, Morata missing sitters is definitely some inevitability that can never be repaired and we must sell him now while we can? The lack of inconsistency is ridiculous. I might stick up for Morata more than most but at least I criticise both players for their lack of quality shown this season. 

Mate, have not we been through the same things over and over again? The recent performance(s) with Baka are exactly the reason I would have stuck with him.  Baka's best performances have been against the likes of spurs, ATM, united, pool. A good enough positive sign for me in what has been a completely underwhelming reason.

When morata and giroud started together (was it burnley?), I praised him for the simplest of things. Go on and read those. Infact, I have barely said anything bad about morata in a while, but the fact that a poster would try and blame the "attacking formation" for morata's poor season was something that seemed utterly ridiculous to me. What baffles me is that, I have barely posted in the thread in a long while, make a simple comment about the problem not being the style of play but rather the striker himself and you try and single me out by getting baka in the foray. Well.... 

Edited by didierforever

I reckon he'll be gone in the summer. 

Quite a few rumours starting up already about a possible return to Juventus. Looking like it could be something like a two year loan with a forced option to buy at the end of it, something similar to the Cuadrado deal was. 

Truth is, he's failed to fulfill the role he was bought for and has been completely overshadowed by Giroud within just a couple of months. 

I would expect us to be back in the market for a new striker come the summer. If Dortmund follow up on their interest in Michy that rumours of Lewandowski or Cavanni joining could have some truth to it.... That or possibly Martial if United can be convinced to sell him to us. 

3 minutes ago, ForeverCarefree said:

I reckon he'll be gone in the summer. 

Quite a few rumours starting up already about a possible return to Juventus. Looking like it could be something like a two year loan with a forced option to buy at the end of it, something similar to the Cuadrado deal was. 

Truth is, he's failed to fulfill the role he was bought for and has been completely overshadowed by Giroud within just a couple of months. 

I would expect us to be back in the market for a new striker come the summer. If Dortmund follow up on their interest in Michy that rumours of Lewandowski or Cavanni joining could have some truth to it.... That or possibly Martial if United can be convinced to sell him to us. 

As much as i would love Lewandowski here i can't see us spending big money on strikers that will both be 30+ come next season. 

4 hours ago, didierforever said:

Mate, have not we been through the same things over and over again? The recent performance(s) with Baka are exactly the reason I would have stuck with him.  Baka's best performances have been against the likes of spurs, ATM, united, pool. A good enough positive sign for me in what has been a completely underwhelming reason.

When morata and giroud started together (was it burnley?), I praised him for the simplest of things. Go on and read those. Infact, I have barely said anything bad about morata in a while, but the fact that a poster would try and blame the "attacking formation" for morata's poor season was something that seemed utterly ridiculous to me. What baffles me is that, I have barely posted in the thread in a long while, make a simple comment about the problem not being the style of play but rather the striker himself and you try and single me out by getting baka in the foray. Well.... 

Recent performances? He's had one good game in the last 4. 

You constantly cherry pick and bash Morata for missing sitters while never criticising Bakayoko and always claiming he's going to come good just watch. Your inconsistency is astounding.

You claim Bakayoko is just having a confidence problem, but you won't apply that logic to any other players, only players you like, that's hypocrisy and inconsistency.

And you wonder why we cannot form any striking partnerships up front, when it seems every season we keep f**king about chopping and changing because some one had a mediocre year.  Where are we going to find a WC striker for under 100 mill...ffs we should stick with him, he has the pace and the ability, yes he's missed a few, well so has Kane and Sarah. I think he would have learned a lot from this year and in my mind it would be absolute stupidity to sell him or loan him out...who the f**k loans out 70 million pound strikers anyway........well I guess we could be the first :face_palm: 

2 minutes ago, CFCCAN said:

And you wonder why we cannot form any striking partnerships up front, when it seems every season we keep f**king about chopping and changing because some one had a mediocre year.  Where are we going to find a WC striker for under 100 mill...ffs we should stick with him, he has the pace and the ability, yes he's missed a few, well so has Kane and Sarah. I think he would have learned a lot from this year and in my mind it would be absolute stupidity to sell him or loan him out...who the f**k loans out 70 million pound strikers anyway........well I guess we could be the first :face_palm: 

Well, it's not like we've sold players before and they've gone on to be successful elsewhere is it. 

54 minutes ago, Slojo said:

Recent performances? He's had one good game in the last 4. 

You constantly cherry pick and bash Morata for missing sitters while never criticising Bakayoko and always claiming he's going to come good just watch. Your inconsistency is astounding.

You claim Bakayoko is just having a confidence problem, but you won't apply that logic to any other players, only players you like, that's hypocrisy and inconsistency.

Cherry pick? :laugh2: Believe me, there is no reason to cherry pick. Its been a season of bloopers from the guy.

Their is a world of difference between morata and bakayoko's position though. As CM, we can keep bakayoko in the squad and easily integrate him. Get his confidence back, whereas with morata there is no way we are buying another 70mil striker unless he leaves. And if he stays, then we have to give him the 1st striker position and take a massive gamble. I am applying the same logic to both the players but the returns to the gamble of both staying and coming good is massively different. Again, been there done that with these arguments. If I wanted to put it another way, if the GK was having the season morata and bakayoko had, keeping him as no.1 for the next season would have been a massive gamble. I see the situation with morata as very similar and simply would not want to go into the next season with him as our no.1 striker. We have a world class CM in kante, we can take the gamble with baka while keeping the likes of DD as back up and rotating. We have some great prospects in Empadu and RLC. We have cesc and/or can buy another solid prospect CM (if we play a 4-3-3). Even if baka repeats his sh*t show of a season, its not a massive gamble, its not a season changing  ruining decision.

On the other hand, morata's position as the no.1 striker demands that if we take a decision it pays off or we are left with just giroud as the back up (dont think michy will stick around to be the 3rd choice striker). And THAT, can be season changing. I have not seen anything out of morata to expect him having a 20-25 goal season, for him to grind it and fight it out for a whole season leading us. So this is not hypocrisy, just sensibility when you think about it. Our other wingers/forwards are willian and hazard who are not natural goal scorers. We dont have goals from the mid too. We need our striker(s) to be firing on all cylinders to have a chance of fighting for the title. 

Edited by didierforever