Alvaro Morata

coco
Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

57 minutes ago, Stim said:

That only happens after they are on loan or sold, then the sun shone and shines out their ass

Not really.

All the people i've seen praising Michy's performances since his move have been the same people who wanted him to stay.

And all the people who wanted him gone, are the people saying he still looks sh*t.

He said that video of them dancing is old and that he's okay for tonight's game. Whether conte "risks" him is another thing, or whether he'll stay on the bench and conte complains again post match if results don't go our way. Giroud was fine to play in the game vs Bournemouth but didn't, so don't hold your breath. It's not moratas decision if he is to play. 

Wasn't really focusing on him but he was never really in a position to hold up the ball and fall over, either he changed his game up or West Brom weren't defending all that well.

He looked hungry tonight and fought for the ball, long shots were pretty good as well... as I type it dawns on me that when it came to having to hold the ball up he tried to dribble through the whole defence or just shoot. Certainly beats falling over all the time.

1 hour ago, Davey Baby said:

Comes on and gets booked immediately for dissent.

I'm really tiring of him.

I don't want to pick on him, but he came on the pitch with Barca holding the ball at the back, and instead of sprinting around like a nutter for 8 minutes and chasing everything moving, he just jogged around shadowing the ball holder. It's not asking too much for 8 minutes of busting your gut.

I know I'm a biased Morata fanboy but scapegoating him for what? 7-8 minutes game time? Come off it.

He got a yellow card for complaining so what? High intense game, the referee was rubbish at the end and plenty of players like the beloved Costa did the same. 

I don't see the major issue, he was tracking back he just wasn't working as hard as Pedro, bearing in mind Pedro is an absolute workhorse. 

1 hour ago, Slojo said:

I know I'm a biased Morata fanboy but scapegoating him for what? 7-8 minutes game time? Come off it.

He got a yellow card for complaining so what? High intense game, the referee was rubbish at the end and plenty of players like the beloved Costa did the same. 

I don't see the major issue, he was tracking back he just wasn't working as hard as Pedro, bearing in mind Pedro is an absolute workhorse. 

I dont think people are "scapegoating" him. 

Given the stakes and the situations we were in, there was a level of performance which was expected out of him today. Sprinting to close down was one of them. No one is expecting him to that like Pedro for 80mins, but given that he was on the pitch for 10 mins, he could have busted a lung trying to close down rather than just jogging around. If there was anyone that you would expect to know the value of a game against barca, it would be Morata (being a madrid boy). I dont mind the yellow, but I would want something (anything) to go with that. Currently, just seems like our 2nd striker. Giroud should be ahead.

He did not do much wrong or right, but that yellow was a joke taking into account how much complaining Suarez had done not long before, diving for a penalty as well, and got nothing. I'm not sure if his face winds up the referees, but it is just easier to book him than other players even if they do worse. Otherwise I agree with most, I think Giroud should be ahead of him at the moment, and I don't like saying it because I am a Morata fan and think he's got a lot of potential, just needs to focus on his game and get on with it.