Alvaro Morata

coco
Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

I must also note that, for all the rightful scorn heaped his way, he is still currently scoring a goal 1 every 2 games, which is a ratio far superior to what Torres could ever manage. 

I'm also quite confident at this point that Morata will score at least 10 PL goals this season, which Torres never did for Chelsea. 

Edited by DaRick
Further clarification

11 minutes ago, DaRick said:

I must also note that, for all the rightful scorn heaped his way, he is still currently scoring a goal 1 every 2 games, which is a ratio far superior to what Torres could ever manage. 

I'm also quite confident at this point that Morata will score at least 10 PL goals this season, which Torres never did for Chelsea. 

Yeah, he's on 5 already and seems like he's raising his game. I actually think he might hit 20 this year or at least come close.

3 minutes ago, Kentonio said:

Yeah, he's on 5 already and seems like he's raising his game. I actually think he might hit 20 this year or at least come close.

I think more like 15, kind of depends on whether he gets the service or we continue to cut inside and shoot.

Re Torres he was more like 1 goal in 3 though a lot were scored in Europe. So glad Morata has scored a few recently as the spectre of Torres was looming.

http://www.bounder.friardale.co.uk/Appearances/Ta-Tz.htm

10 minutes ago, Strider6003 said:

I think more like 15, kind of depends on whether he gets the service or we continue to cut inside and shoot.

Re Torres he was more like 1 goal in 3 though a lot were scored in Europe. So glad Morata has scored a few recently as the spectre of Torres was looming.

http://www.bounder.friardale.co.uk/Appearances/Ta-Tz.htm

He was 1 in 4 in all comps. In in 5.5 in the PL (110 PL appearances...20 goals).

18 minutes ago, robdog said:

because of you I have sought out this MOTD analysis - must say Ruud is spot on with his assessment - I am going to provide his analysis here - it comes in the 3rd minute of the video

I agree with most of what Ruud said, there are often times we want to walk the ball into the goal and that doesn't play to Morata's benefit especially when he wants it out wide. 

However, there are no excuses to not score one on ones and miss them regularly like Morata does. It's true he's lacking confidence, but sometimes the going gets tough and you need a striker to keep his head and keep faith, a striker of all players must do this, and that's a part of the game Morata seems to lack.

Other than that you can see some real quality in him sometimes such as his off the ball movement, it's superb, you think of the chances he's missed but I don't remember Costa getting this many chances under Chelsea, Morata seems to make his own luck and get through often. When Morata has confidence he turns into a different player, we saw this early last season against Stoke for example, he kept turning their defenders inside out, he kept running at them whenever he had the ball from deep. Now he often sh*ts himself as soon as he gets the ball, it's very strange to see, can he be matured as a player? Is there still something there? This game has asked some questions. 

However, I still think the conclusion is that, he's not good enough to be our main man, I highly rated him when we first signed him but I've seen some disappointing things, too many disappointing things and that's his mentality and finishing. I really want him to restore my faith in him again I do, but we need to see more of this from him and we need to see the team cross the ball more into the box, I think we should give Zappacosta and Moses more of a go on the right. 

I can forgive any striker anything if he puts the ball in the net - even Jimmy's big arse and wavy arms. But yesterday, when Morata tripped over the ball in the centre circle and then stood there sulking when Palace played a triangle of passes around him, before sticking the ball in the net for their equaliser, it showed up yet again that we are dealing with a fatally flawed character.

I can think of very few top sportsmen with less backbone.

12 minutes ago, Liam said:

I can forgive any striker anything if he puts the ball in the net - even Jimmy's big arse and wavy arms. But yesterday, when Morata tripped over the ball in the centre circle and then stood there sulking when Palace played a triangle of passes around him, before sticking the ball in the net for their equaliser, it showed up yet again that we are dealing with a fatally flawed character.

I can think of very few top sportsmen with less backbone.

I concur, i do like his movement, and pray we get more into the box, but i would of put £500 on him not scoring the 1on1

Edited by Ballack & Blu

3 hours ago, Ballack & Blu said:

He isn't 50% of how good Torres was so i will indulge!!!

Embarrassing comment if you're referring to Torres's Chelsea days. 

But if you aren't then why even bring it up? Completely irrelevant to what Torres did at Liverpool, I only care about his career here and it was a very bad career he had.

I agree that the one v one moment was a terrible moment for him despite having two goals, it shows that he still lacks confidence or isn't good enough (hopefully it's not the latter). Usually, he tries his hardest to place the ball and it's so one dimensional, the keepers can see it coming a mile off, this time he tried something different but did it for the sake of it, because the keeper hardly even rushed out of his box. 

Why he can't just take the keeper on (which is how most goals are scored in a one v one situation) I'll never know, he needs to start doing that. 

Yeah, go play with crosses, forget anything you've learnt about Sarri ball and good possessive football just to please your forward. 

Come on now, the team is playing fine, our forwards are hardly isolated from the games(Sunday was an exception, we usually got them involved), they just have to find their finishing touch. there are situations wherein the crosses are best decisions to make and I agree Alonso and Azpilicueta do not deliver, but come on, they are trying. 

Speaking of the crosses - why don't we try more of a low-balled crosses towards the penalty area. We are lacking those goals - Pedro scored goal like this, but its not enough compared to the other top teams. they do use that as a huge weapon, and the defenders often trying to regain positions, are caught unprepared.