coco

Alvaro Morata

2 hours ago, RIP Mourinho said:

Ahh yes, a 6 week MMA bootcamp go hand in hand with the duties of a professional footballer with their daily training sessions, three matches a week and rest sessions for muscle fatigue.

This isn’t something that is done during the season, I thought that was quite obvious.  Definitely something for the offseason, though as @Skinnedy already mentioned, footballers have a shorter offseason than other athletes.

Edited by mwblue10

23 hours ago, Barry Bridges said:

I can't believe my post on page 76 still doesn't have a single like..... wtf is wrong with you people?!??!?! :close_tema:

It conjures up some very unpleasant images regarding G. Nev. If there was a dislike option maybe you’d get a few. 

Hate to say it, but I want him gone and as soon as humanly possible.

his attitude is horrendous, nearly every booking he’s had has been for dissent. He’s just a petulant boy and as my late dad would say ‘needs a good kick up the arse’

although I now fear that I could set a bonfire up under his arse and he would just sit on it and moan about it.

I don’t particularly like speaking about any Chelsea player this negatively, but time has come to cut out losses.

the biggest mistake we made with Torres was hanging onto him so long. Let’s not make that mistake again. That said, are the board going to petrified of another de bruyne or Salah situation? 

3 hours ago, SimonH said:

That said, are the board going to petrified of another de bruyne or Salah situation?

Salah and Morata are virtually the same age. I think the worry is letting a young player go and having them go big, you can include Lukaku in that same group as well financially I believe. But I think the worry is more about losing 20M+ on any fee. 

But Chelsea can get 60M for a wantaway 30 year old malcontent like Costa, I wouldn’t put anything past them when it comes to sales. One of the best pieces of business we’ve done. 

unfortunately, the recent buys haven’t been quite as stellar. 

I was reading in abother thread, but wouldn’t the 225M spent on, Bats, Drinkwater, Bakayoko, Morata, Emerson, and Zappacosta look good in the squad? That’s basically LaPorte, Walker, Mahrez, and Bernardo Silva. 

7 hours ago, Skinnedy said:

Was reading in abother thread, but wouldn’t the 225M spent on, Bats, Drinkwater, Bakayoko, Morata, Emerson, and Zappacosta look good in the squad? That’s basically LaPorte, Walker, Mahrez, and Bernardo Silva. 

Yes, but you also have to include the wages. I imagine Walker would have demanded 100k extra per week than Zappacosta would, same with Mahrez and Batshuayi. Morata is a one off because we had to replace Diego Costa, and he turned out to be a complete waste of money too.

We can’t compete with City in the market so there’s no point comparing. 

4 hours ago, dansubrosa said:

complete waste of money too.

That was kind of the point... 225M worth of expenditures that isn't making the first team better. I used City as an example for a couple of reasons.

1. It would have been too easy to cherry pick 200M worth of players from around the PL. You can have exceptions like Azpilicueta who are absolute bargains, but picking one team who hit on most of their transfers shows good business in the window. They have 4 regulars in that group.

2. The wages aren't that much different. Chelsea doesn't exactly skimp when it comes to paying players

Emerson - £75,000
Zappacosta - £80,000
Morata - £140,000
Bakayoko - £110,000
Batshuayi - £90,000

Silva - £120,000
Walker - £100,000
LaPorte - £65,000
Mahrez - £120,000

On a year to year basis, I agree, we're not going to compete with City in the Market, but we had a lot of capital a few years ago and didn't make the most of it. If I told you we were going to bin those 5 for 225M and reinvest in summer of 2019, you'd hope to improve the squad dramatically.

The good thing is, we bought young. That was the idea after all. It wasn't to improve the squad in the short term, but to rebuild for the long term. So most of those players still have value, and if/when we sell again, hopefully we'll do a better job of acquiring players who can help the first team. (Though I do think Emerson still has some long term value with Chelsea).

12 minutes ago, Skinnedy said:

Zappacosta - £80,000
Morata - £140,000
Bakayoko - £110,000
Batshuayi - £90,000

Silva - £120,000
Walker - £100,000
LaPorte - £65,000
Mahrez - £120,000

This hurt. You even forgot Danny Drinkwater at over £100.000 every week while doing nothing at all.

The Djilibodji-summer was horrible, the summer of 2017 was a tragedy in the transfer market.

16 hours ago, SimonH said:

Hate to say it, but I want him gone and as soon as humanly possible.

his attitude is horrendous, nearly every booking he’s had has been for dissent. He’s just a petulant boy and as my late dad would say ‘needs a good kick up the arse’

although I now fear that I could set a bonfire up under his arse and he would just sit on it and moan about it.

I don’t particularly like speaking about any Chelsea player this negatively, but time has come to cut out losses.

the biggest mistake we made with Torres was hanging onto him so long. Let’s not make that mistake again. That said, are the board going to petrified of another de bruyne or Salah situation? 

To be fair, everyone could see KDB & Salah would come good - ain't that right @yorkleyblue:biggrin:

Only the very optimistic amongst us would put any money on Morata ever coming good. It just ain't gonna happen.

A few things....... I remember saying that as long as Salah improved his shooting his pace would make him lethal.... I know, a regular mystic meg here.

Also, I wanted to point out that the post where I suggested we put a shock collar on a Chelsea player got more likes than my joke about Gary's orgasmic response to Torres' infamous goal.................... I'm not sure if that's an indictment on us as Chelsea fans or me as a joke maker.....but I felt it worth mentioning......

I don't care if it was a penalty or not. Would you give him the benefit of the doubt if you were a ref? The guy falls over so easily. He's just a great big softie. I'm trying to put it as politely as possible. I know there are kids watching.

He has to score from that. The defender just wanted it more. If he had shown half as much determination as the defender, or half as much courage, we'd have been 2-0 up and we'd have won. It's that simple. 

I can't believe I defended this guy. I truly am sick and tired of him. He simply hasn't got what it takes.

1 hour ago, Davey Baby said:

I don't care if it was a penalty or not. Would you give him the benefit of the doubt if you were a ref? The guy falls over so easily. He's just a great big softie. I'm trying to put it as politely as possible. I know there are kids watching.

He has to score from that. The defender just wanted it more. If he had shown half as much determination as the defender, or half as much courage, we'd have been 2-0 up and we'd have won. It's that simple. 

I can't believe I defended this guy. I truly am sick and tired of him. He simply hasn't got what it takes.

Will you release the full unabridged version after the 9pm watershed Davey?

A few rumours that morata is going to be loaned out in January. Personally i would prefer a sale, but with the a possible ban hanging over us, I can see why the club would be reluctant to sell.

If he does go, it surely means we are getting a striker in, might be a recall for michy or Tammy, or maybe we have someone else lined up. 

7 minutes ago, big blue said:

A few rumours that morata is going to be loaned out in January. Personally i would prefer a sale, but with the a possible ban hanging over us, I can see why the club would be reluctant to sell.

If he does go, it surely means we are getting a striker in, might be a recall for michy or Tammy, or maybe we have someone else lined up. 

Saw that one. Doesn't seem that anywhere of any real reputation is running with that same story yet. 

Can't see us loaning out one of our two strikers in January unless we were planning on spending big which we haven't really done in a January since we signed Torres and Luiz. 

56 minutes ago, ForeverCarefree said:

Saw that one. Doesn't seem that anywhere of any real reputation is running with that same story yet. 

Can't see us loaning out one of our two strikers in January unless we were planning on spending big which we haven't really done in a January since we signed Torres and Luiz. 

I don't think we need to get rid of Giroud anyway, he has a good role here. 

Morata however, probably needs replacing, hurts me to say that. What a waste of money. 

I hope its true...he just aint got the mentality to lead the line in League as epl.......a Club like Chels really ough to have a quality striker and we simply dont. Our rivals all have far far superior forwards.....in many cases several of them.

2 hours ago, big blue said:

Was there speculation about to what club he would be loaned?

5 minutes ago, evissy said:

Morata isn't even on the bench and we win the almost unbearable City. His head will drop even more. 

If his head drops any further the ballboy will have to pick it up off the ground.

My patience with him is pretty much run out, personally, I just don't think he's able for the physicality of this league, has no strength and no fight in him when things aren't going his way

1 hour ago, RMCM said:

My patience with him is pretty much run out

I was fully in the "don't spend 60M on Higuain and give Morata another go" camp... now, I'm ready to see him move on as well.

18 minutes ago, Skinnedy said:

I was fully in the "don't spend 60M on Higuain and give Morata another go" camp... now, I'm ready to see him move on as well.

I was the same, but it was mainly because I didn't want us to waste so much money on another striker. I would rather we get somebody that will be good enough long term than sign somebody that will only last 1 or 2 seasons at the top level.