Alvaro Morata

coco
Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

It's not nice to see someone so miserable [cue the comments about how much he's making, lack of resilience and effort]. He clearly can"t pick himself up anymore. No use tearing into him. For his sake, I hope he can make a fresh start somewhere without that load on his shoulders.

Sigh, he had such a promising start...

Edited by Valerie

Why anyone would want him to go now is beyond me. This summer? Of course, it makes sense for both parties. Despite his lack of enthusiasm for celebrating today I think he's still interested in playing here this season. He's not an exuberant guy so I don't read much into his attitude today.

He's struggling for confidence and form lately and he's self interested enough to know his value to other clubs rides on his goal scoring for the next 4 months. 

Today may have been a 'thank f***, I'm better than this' moment. Probably never envisioned himself having to start a match against the titans of Nottingham  Forest when he signed. 

18 minutes ago, Valerie said:

It's not nice to see someone so miserable [cue the comments about how much he's making, lack of resilience and effort]. He clearly can"t pick himself up anymore. No use tearing into him. For his sake, I hope he can make a fresh start somewhere without that load on his shoulders.

A very balanced view Val. It's hard not to feel a bit sorry for him even when he is maddening to watch.

Mentality is the hardest thing to fix in football. Morata technically is a fine player but his lack of resilience has made it impossible for him to succeed here. 

I hope he can go to another club and be successful too. The sooner he does that the better for him and us. 

33 minutes ago, Valerie said:

People can sympathize with him for being miserable, but that does not excuse his sh*tty behavior. Storming down the tunnel after being substituted disrespects his fellow players, manager and fans. 

He should at least try to be humble when he's so sh*t. 

24 minutes ago, TheChelseaBlues said:

Today may have been a 'thank f***, I'm better than this' moment. Probably never envisioned himself having to start a match against the titans of Nottingham  Forest when he signed. 

I never envisioned that he probably wouldn’t even start FOR Forest. 

4 minutes ago, TheSage said:

People can sympathize with him for being miserable, but that does not excuse his sh*tty behavior. Storming down the tunnel after being substituted disrespects his fellow players, manager and fans. 

He should at least try to be humble when he's so sh*t. 

Yep, a comment as expected :wink: I don't think he can live up to your wishes how to behave anymore. As I said, it's pointless to continue to tear into him. Any talk of being humble and disrespectful is silly, we're way past that. Forcing him to sit on the bench with the cameras on him isn't serving anybody.

Clearly I see it completely different to most people on this board.

If I’d got pelters from fans for weeks, missed a header (wasn’t actually a bad miss IMO), missed a sitter (admittedly offside) against a championship side. I wouldn’t be going absolutely crazy celebrating either, it would just give people another reason to slaughter him.

There’s folk in this thread who whether they deny it or not would have torn in to him had he started celebrating like mad because he missed the others.

He got two goals, link up play was good as well today I thought - amazing what happens when you have someone who knows how to deliver good balls (Fàbregas - goal albeit disallowed) (CHO - two goals). 

There’s definitely people who just like to moan because it’s Morata. I reckon he’s away in this window but I wish him the best wherever he ends up.

Not sure what to make, first time we put a decent crosser on the pitch (CHO) and he scores twice, the match commentator said he thought Morata should have won a penalty too.

Yes his attitude has been questionable yet when Gullitt was asked about him a couple of months back he said Morata wasn't getting any service.

He does look like he wants to be elsewhere.

41 minutes ago, Aryagorn said:

Here's footage of that situation.

https://streamable.com/rp95c

That footage just about sums up his whole attitude and coupled with his lack of goal celebrations today suggests to me he is an unhappy man, and has been pretty much the whole time he's been here.

Sad to see quite frankly and time to move on Alvaro.

Funny how there was that while thing with Lukaku and Morata and they both turned out a bit rubbish. Morata should be sold as long as we can get 50ish, or loaned to increase his value. Doing us no good here walking around sulking whilst putting in mostly disappointing performances.

Odd that so many people are getting wound up because Morata isn't smiling.  I expect that that these are the same people who got all wound up about Luiz smiling in a game some time ago.

(not a defence of Morata, just an observation about fickleness and favouritism)

59 minutes ago, yorkleyblue said:

Odd that so many people are getting wound up because Morata isn't? smiling????

I dont care how he celebrates or cares not to celebrate. I tend to judge attitude by a player's teammates react, and they all celebrated with him. 

But I didnt like that he didnt acknowledge the crowd that was applauding him off on the way out. 

I thought that was disrespectful. Heck, even Bakayoko sheepishly applauded the away support at Watford when he got sent off early. 

I think he's really easy to dislike, his attitude is dreadful, he's already said numerous times he wanted to leave last season and was dreadfully unhappy. So we know what we're seeing now is him making clear he isn't wanting to be here again. Why though?! Because you don't like that it's physical ? Because you've missed sitter after sitter.. I mean sooo many really bad ones I even remember when we was all excited start of last season he was still missing ALOT of one on ones .. 

which brings me onto this , what's the deal with people saying " yeah but technically he is great it's all his mentality stopping him being world class" I'm sorry but whattttt, why ? He was still fluffing easy chances even when he had s good start and lots of them at that, he dribbles with his head down and loses it like Costa did, he falls over without being touched when running with the ball,  he's not great at support play atall and it's a myth that he is, for someone good at heading he's terrible and weak holding the ball up, it pings off him to his feet or he plays a sloppy pass. His runs are sometimes good and then he stops making them. He's terrible at staying onside.. he now and again (being kind) manages to shift the ball from one foot to another and make a pass and people melt over it. 

Finally you can just tell he's the epitome of a spoilt brat modern player like pogba. He has to celebrate doing an A for his wifes initial, he said she had to tell him to give his head a wobble and man up about leaving and thanked her for having the balls he doesnt, and all his instagram is him generally being a soft melt over her. He had to change his shirt number late in pre season to his babies birthday or some crap when some poor people had bought his shirt. He sulks and moans constantly. As I've said he already said he wanted to leave and was unhappy because he got played through a back injury?! And then expected everyone to be really grateful when he said he decided to stay and fight to make it work. Sorry but who was we going to sell him to when we'd just paid 70m for him? Nobody would of paid that so he and sarri will of been told hes staying and to make it work. 

Less than half the season in and he is terribly depressed again and has given in, again. 

I had such high hopes but i actually cant stand seeing his face on the pitch any more. 

Adios Alvaro ! 

9 minutes ago, I Am Gay 4 Diegod said:

I think he's really easy to dislike, his attitude is dreadful, he's already said numerous times he wanted to leave last season and was dreadfully unhappy. So we know what we're seeing now is him making clear he isn't wanting to be here again. Why though?! Because you don't like that it's physical ? Because you've missed sitter after sitter.. I mean sooo many really bad ones I even remember when we was all excited start of last season he was still missing ALOT of one on ones .. 

which brings me onto this , what's the deal with people saying " yeah but technically he is great it's all his mentality stopping him being world class" I'm sorry but whattttt, why ? He was still fluffing easy chances even when he had s good start and lots of them at that, he dribbles with his head down and loses it like Costa did, he falls over without being touched when running with the ball,  he's not great at support play atall and it's a myth that he is, for someone good at heading he's terrible and weak holding the ball up, it pings off him to his feet or he plays a sloppy pass. His runs are sometimes good and then he stops making them. He's terrible at staying onside.. he now and again (being kind) manages to shift the ball from one foot to another and make a pass and people melt over it. 

Finally you can just tell he's the epitome of a spoilt brat modern player like pogba. He has to celebrate doing an A for his wifes initial, he said she had to tell him to give his head a wobble and man up about leaving and thanked her for having the balls he doesnt, and all his instagram is him generally being a soft melt over her. He had to change his shirt number late in pre season to his babies birthday or some crap when some poor people had bought his shirt. He sulks and moans constantly. As I've said he already said he wanted to leave and was unhappy because he got played through a back injury?! And then expected everyone to be really grateful when he said he decided to stay and fight to make it work. Sorry but who was we going to sell him to when we'd just paid 70m for him? Nobody would of paid that so he and sarri will of been told hes staying and to make it work. 

Less than half the season in and he is terribly depressed again and has given in, again. 

I had such high hopes but i actually cant stand seeing his face on the pitch any more. 

Adios Alvaro ! 

So what you're saying is he doesn't cut it for you!

Although he’s frustrating to watch and looks like his loyal pet dog just snuffed it all the time lately he’s scored 9 so far , got double digits last season and is not as bad as some of the Roman era strikers we’ve seen grace the match pitches....just a thought !

btw he is a right miserable looker lately but if he gets more goals who cares 

6 minutes ago, General said:

btw he is a right miserable looker lately but if he gets more goals who cares 

Quite a few, apparently.

He had a good match yesterday so people are just looking for other reasons to bitch about him. Like with Willian, I think there are quite a few people on this forum incapable of saying anything sensible about him, even when he plays well.