coco

Alvaro Morata

12 hours ago, bluedave said:

Er, no. That's a very interesting way to interpret the words I wrote. I suspect you did it on purpose to give yourself a platform to launch your own tirade because, you know, that's what this thread is missing right now. 

:dead_horse: mate.  CHO is the current great potential that has to be held to different standards because we need a beacon of hope.  Not saying the lad isn't going to be great, I think he is and justifies a starting place (maybe not against Spuds, but I wouldn't be gutted if he did), but some people don't seem to have the self-awareness to realise the dichotomy between abusing Morata because it was "only Forest" whilst going slightly overboard about CHO's  performance regardless of the fact it was "only Forest".  Actually, CHO was a bit subdued in the first half, and I needed to have a good stiff word with him at half time to get him to step up a gear, which he did.

Also, it does tickle me a bit that Morata's goals can be wittily dismissed as "only tap-ins" by someone who I suspect has never actually played the game at any level above school/sunday soccer.  But then, acknowledging that they were both well taken goals doesn't fit the agenda.  And this isn't me saying Morata is any good, just that if people criticise and abuse even the GOOD things that the player they hate does, they just make themselves look a bit of a prat.

I could quite happily agree if someone said "Morata is not the striker for us, but he took his two goals well on this occasion", but no, some people can't even bring themselves to be just tad gracious in any way.

13 hours ago, Barry Bridges said:

I feel like I'm missing the part where I misinterpret your words or intent. I also miss the part where you think I need you to provide a platform for a tirade against a massively under performing player who is acting like a twat towards people he should feel massively indebted to and who are part of the fabric of this club's history and present day to day operations.

People stated that it's hardly a "good game" for a 60million "top class" striker to put two easy chances away versus a lower league opponent whilst missing a host of other chances and not setting up anything of note. Your reply was that these people should go into the CHO (an 18 year old whose yet to play a full BPL match or even get 90 minutes of BPL time in a season) thread and write the same thing.

If that wasn't a statement of "you should judge them by the same standard"  then please feel free to explain what exactly you meant ...because what you wrote.... If Morata (an alleged top striker who has played in most of the top leagues in Europe) can't have a good game because it's Nottingham Forrest then it can't be a good game for a teenager (whose never played a full top flight match anywhere in the world) who does really well against them....... was actually a statement that they should be judged to the same standard or comparably, something you got upset with me for stating.

and just to finish this nonsense, this "top class" striker only had a "good game" because a teenager whose gotten nearly no chances gave him two easy goals (really should of had more easy goals, but alas), the teenager actually had a good game because they played really well and in fact created two tap in goals (among other chances) for a striker that struggles to stay onside or beat the keeper 1v1 .  Nobody gave CHO easy tap ins, CHO gave Morata easy tap ins......if not for CHO, we'd simply be talking about the other chances Morata missed and how poor as usual he had been.

Still want us to go into the CHO thread and say he didn't have a good game?

I don't understand why it is so complicated. The words of my post were obviously intended to point out that quite a few people can't bring themselves to give credit to Morata when it's due. It doesn't just happen to Morata, it happens to several players that people have taken a disliking to for whatever reason. When these players do contribute something good there's always some reason for it not to count. I don't like Morata much as a player right now, but he did score both of the goals that won the match against Forrest so at least he deserves credit for that, and CHO definitely deserves credit for his performance and providing the assists. Your suggestion that all of the credit for Moratas's goals should go to CHO is unfair and just demonstrates the point I'm trying to make.

Still want us to go into the CHO thread and say he didn't have a good game?

You can if you like. I think you'd look a bit silly though because as I said in my original post I thought he had an excellent game (and I don't care that the opposition was only Nottingham Forrest). 

Would appear to be close to joining Seville on loan for the rest of the season. 

Apparently it would be a £5m loan fee with a possible purchase for £35m in the summer. 

£20m loss for a player still in their prime? Ouch. 

If the £40 million goes towards a better player then it shouldn't be a disaster.

Hopefully we include a sell on clause or something on the off chance he rediscovers his touch in Spain.

12 minutes ago, EmeraldBlue said:

He's had some good games and some ones but if you ask me I really didn't think he turned up at all last night. Bloody awful.

He quite literally didn't turn up last night, considering he wasn't in the squad :wink:

....Of course you're right as always, yorkey. For a school child getting the ball cossed to your feet wile facing the goal in the 6 yard box might not be a tap in, but for a 60 million quid striker it should be.

And of course CHO is only getting praise because he's the next thing from the academy, and not because he was the best player on the pitch despite being a 18 year old getting nearly no chances this season.

And of course I'm criticizing Morata because I just love to hate on him ( this is where I ask you to go find prior examples of this, right? Just want to make sure I'm doing it correctly....you know, my huge history of slagging Morata & other Chelsea players)... it was not at all to do with his crap attitude to the club and it's staff/fans.  And even though if CHO didn't set up two perfect crosses for him to put into the net from a couple yards away all we'd be talking about regarding Morata's performance was more glaring misses and an overall contribution of not much more than him whinging to the ref, it was unfair for me to point this out when another poster stated to the effect "you can't say CHO had  good game if you not singing praises about Morata"...right?

And of course we are unaware of the dichotomy being presented because why on Earth would we intentionally have entirely different expectations of a teenager whose never played a full match in any top division in the world compared to an alleged top class striker whose represented 3 of the biggest clubs in Europe and made nearly 200 appearances in 3 of the toughest top division leagues in the world?

Absolute madness!  Please accept my condolences for having massively different expectations of those two players and please forgive me for taking offence to the complete lack of respect Morata showed towards a legend still serving the club and everyone else associted with it.  If anyone has earned the right to be  total prat of course Morta has with his constant nose to the grinding stone & always gettinh up & getting on with it hardworking ethic, his 100% dedication to Chelsea , and all those times he played like a warrior even through injury.  I was clearly being a prat with that mentality.

Edited by Barry Bridges

20 hours ago, Chelsbear said:

If the £40 million goes towards a better player then it shouldn't be a disaster.

Hopefully we include a sell on clause or something on the off chance he rediscovers his touch in Spain.

Rediscovers :laugh2:

Newest rumours are that Seville have given up on signing Morata and Atletico Madrid are now the front runners to sign him. 

Will be surprised if he joins Atletico given his past with Real. 

If it means Diego comes the other way then I'll be happy (don't care about his scoring record, I just want him back). 

3 minutes ago, ForeverCarefree said:

Newest rumours are that Seville have given up on signing Morata and Atletico Madrid are now the front runners to sign him. 

If it means Diego comes the other way then I'll be happy (don't care about his scoring record, I just want him back). 

Interesting that people are so keen to take Diego back after all the antics he got up to while with us. 

People were all over Morata (not you FC) for his attitude all because he didn’t celebrate his goals last week. Costa was absolutely toxic constantly angling for a move and then flat out not returning to the club. 

I loved him while he was here and he was a proper menace, but I think he needs to remain in the past.

14 minutes ago, EdinburghBlue said:

Interesting that people are so keen to take Diego back after all the antics he got up to while with us. 

People were all over Morata (not you FC) for his attitude all because he didn’t celebrate his goals last week. Costa was absolutely toxic constantly angling for a move and then flat out not returning to the club. 

I loved him while he was here and he was a proper menace, but I think he needs to remain in the past.

He is sh*t now also, 1 league goal all season.

1 hour ago, ForeverCarefree said:

No, just no. Been there, done that, was cool when it lasted, but no.

1 hour ago, ducavis said:

He is sh*t now also, 1 league goal all season.

11 League Goals in the last 24 months across 44 appearances..

not to mention injured... 

No Thanks... 60M for him might be the best piece of business the board has conducted in the last several years (Oscar's fee would be in contention)

2 minutes ago, Skinnedy said:

60M for him might be the best piece of business the board has conducted in the last several years (Oscar's fee would be in contention)

dont forget Luiz, the gift that keeps giving.

Just now, coco said:

dont forget Luiz, the gift that keeps giving.

Definitely in contention. We got Costa and Cesc for just about the price of Luiz that season. If only it were that easy every year... well if 50+ was true for Willian....  :face_palm:

3 hours ago, ForeverCarefree said:

I read that he came up in Atlético's academy before moving over to Real. Might be something to that... 

I know Atlético wasn't particularly happy with Courtois' move to Real (at the time), but Real fans can't blame Morata for him being sold.

It could work.

1 hour ago, Skinnedy said:

11 League Goals in the last 24 months across 44 appearances..

not to mention injured... 

No Thanks... 60M for him might be the best piece of business the board has conducted in the last several years (Oscar's fee would be in contention)

I had no idea we sold Costa for that much. He's not been the same player since he left, possibly because of that half season he wasn't allowed to play. People like to slam the board but they seem pretty good when it comes to selling players.

2 minutes ago, bluedave said:

He's not been the same player since he left, possibly because of that half season he wasn't allowed to play.

You, mean the last 6 months of a title winning team with Chelsea? :wink:

People like to Romanticize about Diego Costa... I won't re-hash, I already got into it Here and a little farther down the page Here 

His half seasons at Chelsea were amazing. The other half... crap...

7 minutes ago, Skinnedy said:

His half seasons at Chelsea were amazing. The other half... crap...

Better a half season with an elite striker than full seasons with pants ones. 

17 minutes ago, bluedave said:

I had no idea we sold Costa for that much. 

You can't put a price on love though. 

1 minute ago, ForeverCarefree said:

Better a half season with an elite striker than full seasons with pants ones.

Without a doubt. 

But just because Morata flopped doesn't mean I want Costa back... or that I'm unhappy we sold him.

I'm unhappy Morata has flopped. 

Though I think we'll get a decent refund and hopefully invest in a proper striker.

And right now, Costa is not an elite striker, he fits in the latter category. 11 league goals in his last 44 appearances.

He's unproductive, disruptive, and injured...

Other than that... I'm all in ::ChELSeAFaN::

1 minute ago, Skinnedy said:

Without a doubt. 

But just because Morata flopped doesn't mean I want Costa back... or that I'm unhappy we sold him.

I'm unhappy Morata has flopped. 

Though I think we'll get a decent refund and hopefully invest in a proper striker.

And right now, Costa is not an elite striker, he fits in the latter category. 11 league goals in his last 44 appearances.

He's unproductive, disruptive, and injured...

Other than that... I'm all in ::ChELSeAFaN::

Regrets leaving Chelsea is all. 

Put him back in a royal blue shirt and he'll start banging them in (for half a season) again. 

Image result for diego costa gif