coco

Alvaro Morata

one thing that is pissing me off with him is his movement. when we were on the counter he was slowly jogging, rather than trying to move into space and exploit the oppo defenders. giroud came on and he was making the runs i wanted to see morata make. 

Edited by enigma

I have no idea if he played really well today or poor.

Unlucky to not get the rub of the green on the second offside goal. First one was a dead cert offside.

Edited by JMaher94

His form has picked up, his link up play is a lot better than it was and he's not hugging the turf anywhere near as much as he was which was one of my main gripes with him. 

Not a lot in it for the second offside goal. Too little too late from him this season really, we can only hope that if he's here next season he continues to show more of this sort of form than the abomination that was December-February. 

I couldn’t stop smiling watching Jimmy score his goals. Jimmy,Dennis, Eidur, Franco, Lamps, Desailly etc. good times indeed.

I had great affection for that team, sadly I have no connection with the current one.

Whether that’s just me looking through rose tinted glasses I’m unsure. I just want to be entertained and watching this dross has worn me out!

2 hours ago, RIP Mourinho said:

A lot of people talk about his link up play but so many times a ball is played into him it just bounces off him. First touch is very often quite poor.

There's still much to improve, no denying that but at least he exchanged passes with Hazard and Willian on a few occasions and they created some openings. 

Scoring with his head is all well and good but we didn't spend £60m just to buy the Spanish Duncan Ferguson who we can just lump high balls into the box for. There was some encouragement to be taken from his performance yesterday because he was at least on the end of some decent, well worked chances.  

As much as i hate his goal output, I do feel that he should get better and given the amount of money spent, it makes sense to keep playing him esp now with nothing to play for. 

I dont know much about Morata prior to his Chelsea move. When he played for other team and was good - what formation did those teams use and what was his role there ? Was he used as a hold up striker in his old teams as well. Is he just not clicking here or are we not playing to his strength ? 

18 hours ago, JAT said:

I couldn’t stop smiling watching Jimmy score his goals. Jimmy,Dennis, Eidur, Franco, Lamps, Desailly etc. good times indeed.

I had great affection for that team, sadly I have no connection with the current one.

Whether that’s just me looking through rose tinted glasses I’m unsure. I just want to be entertained and watching this dross has worn me out!

Your not the only one, no character in this team, and a manager that is a depressing f**ker that needs to go!!

Matt Law reporting that Juventus might try to resign Morata in the summer. 

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2018/04/10/juventus-interested-taking-chelseas-alvaro-morata-back-turin/ 

If they offered the £60m we paid for him I'd be inclined to accept. 

17 minutes ago, ForeverCarefree said:

Matt Law reporting that Juventus might try to resign Morata in the summer. 

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2018/04/10/juventus-interested-taking-chelseas-alvaro-morata-back-turin/ 

If they offered the £60m we paid for him I'd be inclined to accept. 

Inclined? I will book him an Uber to Heathrow myself. 

Coincidentally, Torres is leaving Atleti. Worth getting him in again? Have him as back-up striker and have Giroud as a regular starter! 

13 minutes ago, Blueblur said:

Inclined? I will book him an Uber to Heathrow myself. 

Coincidentally, Torres is leaving Atleti. Worth getting him in again? Have him as back-up striker and have Giroud as a regular starter! 

I adore Torres but he's 34

It's all well and good saying let's sell him if someone offers, but who would we replace him with? We can't expect to get back into the top 4 with Giroud as our leading striker.

16 minutes ago, Zeta said:

It's all well and good saying let's sell him if someone offers, but who would we replace him with? We can't expect to get back into the top 4 with Giroud as our leading striker.

Give Batshuayi a chance? He's scoring goals on the regular for Dortmund at the moment. Maybe with a change of management and playing style he'll score more regularly for us. 

Otherwise maybe try for someone like Lazio's Ciro Immobile who has been scoring for fun this season. 

24 minutes ago, Zeta said:

Werner? Ciro Immobile? Now that the hype around Belotti has died down, torino wont be demanding thrice the price he is worth. 

I wont be against giving Bats a real oppurtunity too.

We have a striker who is banging in goals in a top European league.  Get him back.  I am sick of watching Morata fall over and cry every time he feels a little pressure from the defender.  

We'd obviously have to adjust our playing style but that might not be a bad thing.