Next Chelsea Manager

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

Who would be your choice as Chelsea manager going into next season?  

213 members have voted

1. 1. Here are the current favorites with Conte included. Jody Morris is in there as he is the current youth team manager, and promoting from within seems to have worked for Barca, so why not us?!

• Luis Enrique
    • Massimilliano Allegri
    • Carlo Ancelotti
    • Diego Simeoni
    • Thomas Tuchel
    • Maurizio Sarri
    • Jody Morris
    • Antonio Conte
    • Other

9 minutes ago, U Carcamagnu said:

For sure,

with Ronaldo at Juve, things will become easier for chelsea.

I'm very sorry for Conte and I'm very sorry for chelsea, because sarriball doesn't mean trophies, sarriball means chelsea is on the way to be the new arsenal.

Winning is another thing.

Conte did a good job trying to turn us into the new Arsenal last season with the amount of embarrassing results. 

Looking like everything could be resolved by the end of the week in time for when the majority of the first team reports back for pre-season. 

Possible that we're now looking at a joint deal with Napoli for Sarri and Jorginho. 

If rumour is to be believed we're close to deals for Golovin and Rugani too and Ronaldo's signing at Juventus could potentially see Higuain join too. 

From a very drawn out, protracted saga with Conte/Sarri it could be that things move very quickly over the next couple of weeks now and there's potentially going to be some big movement with outgoing players too. 

I think Drinkwater, Willian and Luiz will leave. I'm hopeful that with the potential managerial change and signings Hazard will stay and there's talks today of us offering Kante a new 5 year contract too. There's probably question marks about futures of Morata, Michy B, Zouma, Moses, Courtois and given that there's about month of the transfer window left I think we're going to be pretty busy. 

2 minutes ago, RIP Mourinho said:

Conte did a good job trying to turn us into the new Arsenal last season with the amount of embarrassing results. 

Boy was some of the football last year boring ( that wouldn’t matter to a lot of posters who are content watching any old defensive dross as long as we win)

I sometimes thought I’d be 50£ better off and have more fun staying at home watching a fish finger defrost.

14 hours ago, Sindre said:

He's already sa?id previously this summer he's not staying if we get worse.?

No he hasn't.   Or, if he has, give us the quotes, not just your interpretation of someone's twatter post about something their mum's hairdresser said she heard from a taxi driver.

Guest Sindre
7 minutes ago, yorkleyblue said:

No he hasn't.   Or, if he has, give us the quotes, not just your interpretation of someone's twatter post about something their mum's hairdresser said she heard from a taxi driver.

http://www.espn.com/soccer/soccer-transfers/story/3531732/eden-hazard-chelsea-must-improve-for-me-to-stay-this-summer
If I stay, it's for the team to be better than it was than in the season we have just gone through," Hazard told L'Equipe. "I don't want to stay for it to be worse. I have won everything in London other than the Champions League. If I'm in this position in my career, it's thanks to Chelsea.

There you go.

So many people on here seem to close their eyes and ears completely to anything even remotely negative aimed at the club/board or from within.
Almost like if it isn’t positive news then it’s a bunch of crap and if you dare to be negative when supporters and our own players don’t know who our manager will be three weeks away from the season and pre-season well underway then you are a crybaby and being ridiculous.

Edited by Sindre

I reckon will announce Sarri, Jorginho and Rugani today with Higuain and Golovin over the next week. 

It may not actually turn out too bad, the club have been working behind the scenes on deals. 

2 minutes ago, JM7 said:

I reckon will announce Sarri, Jorginho and Rugani today with Higuain and Golovin over the next week. 

It may not actually turn out too bad, the club have been working behind the scenes on deals. 

I'd be over the moon with that, but I'll believe it when I see it.

21 minutes ago, BordeauxBlue said:

We certainly can since they are stacked in defense and he's not irreplacable.

That kid is like their future Chielini he played over 20 games last season, unless we get Sarri first there is no way he will come for Conte, in theory Sarri can convince him since he was his coach in Empoli but I don't trust the transfer talks since it sounds as if we are going to spend 40m on Rugani, 60m on Higuain, 35m on Golovin and 50m on Allisson, that all sounds like a football manager game.

The 1 transfer rumor I find possible right now is Golovin though.

We are spending a lot of money on managers if you guys haven't noticed. I'm all for having a top manager and know the importance of it but if we continue on spending some 15m every other season on managers we should think about it. 

I'm thinking we are some sort of pensionsystem for managers. We make them rich or richer and send them away after two seasons. 

3 minutes ago, Brutos said:

We have seen all these stories before I guarantee we will still have Conte come next month and come pre-season

And we get some signings of quality, especially for the middle of the park, it won't be as bad as many in here suggest. We had a very good first season with him, and this one has had its good moments, despite the flop of the signings.

45 minutes ago, evissy said:

We are spending a lot of money on managers if you guys haven't noticed. I'm all for having a top manager and know the importance of it but if we continue on spending some 15m every other season on managers we should think about it. 

I'm thinking we are some sort of pensionsystem for managers. We make them rich or richer and send them away after two seasons. 

I think it's partly due to how it's panned out since Roman took over.

We bring in a highly rated manager, he wins some trophies but the form and results slip so we replace them with another highly rated manager who usually continues the winning theme...then rinse repeat.

It's been a method that has worked for them for over a decade. We all know there are other factors now so this method wont work forever

2 hours ago, ForeverCarefree said:

Looking like everything could be resolved by the end of the week in time for when the majority of the first team reports back for pre-season. 

Possible that we're now looking at a joint deal with Napoli for Sarri and Jorginho. 

If rumour is to be believed we're close to deals for Golovin and Rugani too and Ronaldo's signing at Juventus could potentially see Higuain join too. 

From a very drawn out, protracted saga with Conte/Sarri it could be that things move very quickly over the next couple of weeks now and there's potentially going to be some big movement with outgoing players too. 

I think Drinkwater, Willian and Luiz will leave. I'm hopeful that with the potential managerial change and signings Hazard will stay and there's talks today of us offering Kante a new 5 year contract too. There's probably question marks about futures of Morata, Michy B, Zouma, Moses, Courtois and given that there's about month of the transfer window left I think we're going to be pretty busy. 

God that’s a terrible scenario.  Higuain? Might have been ok 10 years ago. Maybe Rugani is top quality but not Where we need it most. Mahrez would have been excellent for Chelsea and cheap last year. Ah well all good things must come to an end. We most need a central midfielder who can really add something to the team and a striker with a future but who still has the necessary today. Really it’s been a bad couple of years and traceable to the events that lead up to emelano departing. 

2 hours ago, Sindre said:

http://www.espn.com/soccer/soccer-transfers/story/3531732/eden-hazard-chelsea-must-improve-for-me-to-stay-this-summer
If I stay, it's for the team to be better than it was than in the season we have just gone through," Hazard told L'Equipe. "I don't want to stay for it to be worse. I have won everything in London other than the Champions League. If I'm in this position in my career, it's thanks to Chelsea.

There you go.

So many people on here seem to close their eyes and ears completely to anything even remotely negative aimed at the club/board or from within.
Almost like if it isn’t positive news then it’s a bunch of crap and if you dare to be negative when supporters and our own players don’t know who our manager will be three weeks away from the season and pre-season well underway then you are a crybaby and being ridiculous.

Exactly :good2:

Lets all be positive and be ignorant towards our current situation. Negativitiy is bad even when you are being objective about whats going on. 

1 hour ago, Gol15 said:

That kid is like their future Chielini he played over 20 games last season, unless we get Sarri first there is no way he will come for Conte, in theory Sarri can convince him since he was his coach in Empoli but I don't trust the transfer talks since it sounds as if we are going to spend 40m on Rugani, 60m on Higuain, 35m on Golovin and 50m on Allisson, that all sounds like a football manager game.

The 1 transfer rumor I find possible right now is Golovin though.

It's actually not that much money considering we're offloading Willian, Batshuayi, Luiz, possibly Drinkwater and Pedro. We'll end up having a net spend of no more than 70m imo. 

1 hour ago, evissy said:

How have you not realised in year 15 that this is Roman's model? He obviously doesn't care or we'd have had less managers and longer tenures. 

32 minutes ago, Brutos said:

We have seen all these stories before I guarantee we will still have Conte come next month and come pre-season

You actually can't guarantee anything at all mate.

Guest Sindre

According to multiple sources AdL have just confirmed Jorginho and Sarri are coming to Chelsea.

Great news if accurate and hopefully we can get confirmation of just that today.

De Laurentiis: “Sarri is close to be new Chelsea manager. My lawyers are in talks with his lawyers to finalize everything” #CFC #Napoli (via @FabrizioRomano)

De Laurentiis on Jorginho: "I'll have to apologize to the City, because we closed the deal 15 days ago. But the player loves to live in London rather than Manchester I can understand. If Chelsea pays him even more. It doesn't depend on me” (via @LeonardoVivard) #CFC #MCFC #Napoli

Most sources also tweeting that Rugani is done and signed as well with Jorginho on his way. 

Edited by JM7