xXRuufioXx

Next Chelsea Manager

Who would be your choice as Chelsea manager going into next season?  

213 members have voted

1. 1. Here are the current favorites with Conte included. Jody Morris is in there as he is the current youth team manager, and promoting from within seems to have worked for Barca, so why not us?!

• Luis Enrique
    • Massimilliano Allegri
    • Carlo Ancelotti
    • Diego Simeoni
    • Thomas Tuchel
    • Maurizio Sarri
    • Jody Morris
    • Antonio Conte
    • Other

31 minutes ago, coco said:

AVB had no hope of controlling big names, no chance. Sarri is the Diego Costa of the managerial World, something i thought you may appreciate mate.

And how is that going to go down with the present players? If things allegedly got out of hands with Conte and the players fell out with him, is this managerial Diego Costa going to be any different? Will Hazard and Courtois keep hinting that they want out because the "tyrant" (words someone has used in here for Conte) makes them train hard? i'm ok with Sarri coming once things with Conte have not worked out, but if he is as big character as you say, I foresee another season of players falling out with the coach.

Im not sold on Sarri. I have a feeling he will walk the same path as AVB. 

Conte had to go, this much is true. Sarri would not have been my replacement though. Hope im wrong, but I feel we are heading toward one of the worst managerial appointments in the Roman Era. 

2 hours ago, Jezz said:

That's all well and good, but are the club patient enough to stick with him when the going gets tough?

Our board has never been willing to stick it out with a manager through difficult times and there's no evidence to suggest it will be any different this time. Happy to be proven wrong, but the past isn't a great indicator of the club having a long-term strategy.

Well actually the (small) evidence suggests they will as long as progress is being made.

2 hours ago, coco said:

Seriously my fellow, the charity shield is just a curtain opener friendly, we could get embarrassed and thumped, but it would mean absolutely ZERO.

But there will be the usual match day thread monkeys calling for his head.

I would love Sarri (What the heck is his given name?) to say to Chelsea, "Tell Real, Barca and anyone else, Hazard, Willian and Courtois are NOT available" ........! I wish him good luck and bring stabilty back to the club!

Edited by derrydale

2 minutes ago, derrydale said:

I would love Sarri (What the heck is his given name?) to say to Chelsea, "Tell Real, Barca and anyone else, Hazard, Willian and Courtois are NOT available" ........! I wish him good luck and bring stabilty back to the club!

Maurizio, that's it!

1 hour ago, coco said:

I never said emulate, just compete, Pep likes slow build up using the width of the pitch, Sarri likes fast quick forward play, the two are headed for a confrontation, last time Pep won over Napoli, but it was exciting to watch, did you see those games ?

I didn’t, I don’t see much football other than Chelsea so Sarri is a complete unknown quantity to me.

I really hope he’s a success at Chelsea but I remain cautious and somewhat sceptical about his appointment until I’ve seen us play.

1 minute ago, ForeverCarefree said:

I didn’t, I don’t see much football other than Chelsea so Sarri is a complete unknown quantity to me.

I really hope he’s a success at Chelsea but I remain cautious and somewhat sceptical about his appointment until I’ve seen us play.

I don’t know sh*t about him either other than what I’ve read since he was linked, but for some mental reason I’m super excited now. Love the idea of us having a crazy, doesn’t give a f**k madman in charge, with a record of turning teams of misfits into amazing attacking forces. I just get the feeling we’re going to fall in love with this guy. ::ChELSeAFaN::

Finally starting to get excited for the new season.  Looking forward to us playing some fearless Pep/Klopp style attacking football with splashes of Dutch total football and 1970's Brazilian Samba thrown in for good measure.

I am excited to see us play under a manager that has had success in building sides that can really attack as a team, rather than rely on individual brilliance. 

I also think it will refreshing to see us go toe to toe with the rest of big teams, sometimes I feel like we are more worried about our opponents hurting us, more than are about hurting our opponents. 

Obviously it is a gamble, all managers are, but I am optismitic we will see some exciting games over the next couple of seasons. If it gets us a trophy or 2 then great.

1 hour ago, Semper Fi said:

Im not sold on Sarri. I have a feeling he will walk the same path as AVB. 

Conte had to go, this much is true. Sarri would not have been my replacement though. Hope im wrong, but I feel we are heading toward one of the worst managerial appointments in the Roman Era. 

Well f**k me, all these months of waiting and now this. :smack_head:

1 hour ago, Kentonio said:

I don’t know sh*t about him either other than what I’ve read since he was linked, but for some mental reason I’m super excited now. Love the idea of us having a crazy, doesn’t give a f**k madman in charge, with a record of turning teams of misfits into amazing attacking forces. I just get the feeling we’re going to fall in love with this guy. ::ChELSeAFaN::

I know everything but I'm not telling

2 hours ago, Semper Fi said:

Conte had to go, this much is true. Sarri would not have been my replacement though.

Nothing announced yet, so at this moment were manager less.

So feel free in the mean time to fill us in on the manager you failed to tell us all you would have chosen ?

Apparently, we've given him a 2-year contract at about 3m a season with an option for a 3rd year. 

This tells me they just want someone to coach and be successful on the clubs' terms and I don't think it shows much faith in Sarri. If it blows up again in year 2, adios we got a get out of jail free card.   

Edited by TheChelseaBlues

1 minute ago, TheChelseaBlues said:

Apparently, we've given him a 2-year contract at about 3m a season with an option for a 3rd year. 

This tells me they just want someone to coach and be successful on the clubs' terms and I don't think it shows much faith in Sarri. If it blows up again in year 2, adios we got a get out of jail free card.   

I think we have to start doing this with managers. These massive contracts leave us paying out fortunes when it all goes wrong. It’s still going to be a big pay rise for Sarri.