xXRuufioXx

Next Chelsea Manager

Who would be your choice as Chelsea manager going into next season?  

213 members have voted

1. 1. Here are the current favorites with Conte included. Jody Morris is in there as he is the current youth team manager, and promoting from within seems to have worked for Barca, so why not us?!

• Luis Enrique
    • Massimilliano Allegri
    • Carlo Ancelotti
    • Diego Simeoni
    • Thomas Tuchel
    • Maurizio Sarri
    • Jody Morris
    • Antonio Conte
    • Other

Posted (edited)

Saw on one of the comments a Chelsea fan said Gullit said he heard that this summer will be our biggest since 2003. 

Im not sure where he has seen that or where he has heard it from. 

Edited by dansubrosa

Pure speculation on my part, but I have a feeling that the club are trying to find a new home for Conte (Real Madrid?) to avoid paying out his contract. Before signing a new manager.

23 minutes ago, Qaz said:

Pure speculation on my part, but I have a feeling that the club are trying to find a new home for Conte (Real Madrid?) to avoid paying out his contract. Before signing a new manager.

That might make sense if Chelsea agrees to pay say half his salary at his new team.

Posted (edited)

Morris gone to derby with frank so he’s out the running

blanc ffs what are they thinking

keep conte and get rid of the rats undermining him

ir pay the money for Sarri 

but do it quick and make your signings before the World Cup or bring the loan players back and ship out the 1st team dead wood

Edited by Andy2461

8 hours ago, Scott Harris said:

Conte can't be blamed for that. If Morata took his 1v1 chances, then he would have scored 20+ goals this season. The guy bottled it this season.

He did for sure but it doesn’t explain why Conte kept sticking with him. He dropped Giroud after a great debut too, Morata should have been made to fight for his place.

What is wrong with this club? It has been the same for last few windows: We are after a manager/player we really want. After intensive negotiations there are big headlines: "The agreement reached, to be announced in a few hours." Then - silence.. Then we read that the manager/player has made a contract with some other club. And we start all over again being able to get our third, fourth choice in the end.

Concerning season 2018/19 it is vital to get the manager thing sorted out as soon as possible to be able to start building the team for the season.

Because no one has inside sources to the club if you want to fill column inches you just link them to us. We never deny rumours.

Then unfortunately people actually believe EVERYTHING then think we are constantly getting snubbed.

6 minutes ago, Stim said:

Because no one has inside sources to the club if you want to fill column inches you just link them to us. We never deny rumours.

Then unfortunately people actually believe EVERYTHING then think we are constantly getting snubbed.

All true but yet I think that we have been "loosing" top players more than some of our main competitors. Anyway we should get the manager matter solved (whether it is Conte or someone else) to be able to build the team to look like the manger to be in charge.

Chelsea have agreed terms with Laurent Blanc, but are waiting to see if Maurizio Sarri can still conclude his ongoing dispute with Napoli.

Although terms have been agreed with Blanc, he is still very much considered Plan B behind Maurizio Sarri (Sportitalia)

7 hours ago, TomCFC85 said:

Made this
image.png.70d3765af655eaad0e01cff37a391cd5.png

After the amount of times she has seemingly meseed up in the transfer window, I can't help but think that something else she does is keeping Abramovich from sacking her.

Tbh we don’t even know if it’s all Marina. Emenalo was the massive scapegoat, now it’s Marina. How do we know it’s Marina who gets to say how much we spend etc?

Maybe she has an reputation as one of the finest negotiators around so the Chelsea board believe she can get the deal done for cheap, so they have given her a tiny amount of money to get it done?

just food for thought.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Total-Football said:

After the amount of times she has seemingly meseed up in the transfer window, I can't help but think that something else she does is keeping Abramovich from sacking her.

Lol, as if this is Marina. 

This is Roman. When it comes to the price being too much, its Roman. Her job is to get the best possible price. 

Edited by benjsross

For me, the shame is that Morris has gone. There was a great opportunity to put him as number 2 with instructions to play the fantastic youth we have and build a team. I hope that does not mean they are going to carry on ignoring the talent already there. 

10 minutes ago, ducavis said:

Can we stop putting Conte & Real Madrid in the same sentence.

I'm not even convinced Juventus would want him back tbh (i.e. if Allegri is Real Madrid's next manager). I have a sneaky feeling Juventus don't want to overhaul their squad again to accommodate Conte's tactics.

1 hour ago, big blue said:

might be in the minority but id prefer Blanc to Enrique. 

fingers crossed for sarri though.

I think Blanc would be an okay option, certainly without the same ego as Enrique. 

His teams from those CL battles played good football and beat us twice? when we had a very good squad even if Demba did shin us a win once. 

He wouldn't require a total revitalisation of the team either.

11 minutes ago, Spiller86 said:

I think Blanc would be an okay option, certainly without the same ego as Enrique. 

His teams from those CL battles played good football and beat us twice? when we had a very good squad even if Demba did shin us a win once. 

He wouldn't require a total revitalisation of the team either.

Who for the assistant role? I would like a Chelsea person. 

Roberto? Gus? 

Posted (edited)

Out of interest, how many former Chelsea players are currently managing teams (or have recently), that we could potentially see back in the future?

Off the top of my head, I can think of:

Di Matteo
Zola
Lampard
Morris
Poyet
Jokanovic
Hasselbaink
Petrescu
Clarke
Deschamps

Edited by Zeta

6 minutes ago, Zeta said:

Out of interest, how many former Chelsea players are currently managing teams (or have recently), that we could potentially see back in the future?

Off the top of my head, I can think of:

Di Matteo
Zola
Lampard
Morris
Poyet
Jokanovic
Hasselbaink
Petrescu

Wise
Deschamps
Hughes