Jump to content

Now on a migrated server, any problems CLICK HERE

xXRuufioXx

Next Chelsea Manager


Who would be your choice as Chelsea manager going into next season?  

213 members have voted

  1. 1. Here are the current favorites with Conte included. Jody Morris is in there as he is the current youth team manager, and promoting from within seems to have worked for Barca, so why not us?!

    • Luis Enrique
      7
    • Massimilliano Allegri
      10
    • Carlo Ancelotti
      18
    • Diego Simeoni
      20
    • Thomas Tuchel
      12
    • Maurizio Sarri
      57
    • Jody Morris
      18
    • Antonio Conte
      56
    • Other
      15


Recommended Posts

42 minutes ago, nonotnowjim said:

Ok...someone with more technical competence than me HAS to create one of these staty hexagons based on yorkleys attributes.

His 'rigour', 'Shoot from the hip' and 'take on twats' scores would surely be high....not sure about his 'post creation' though...

Untitled.png.e361102fbdb471dba2d9a24310bd2383.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ready Player One said:

I don't want to get into a big thing, and this is the wrong thread anyway...but I really don't think that's true. 

People used to say it about JT, "he gets burned by pacy strikers all the time", and it wasn't true about him either. 

Alonso has been excellent for us. He will be the starting LB next year. 

No idea what any of that is supposed to mean. 

How do you assign a number value to someone's "rigour"? 

It was a testament to JT's positioning that he rarely got " roasted" by speed merchants. Before my time but people said  the same about Bobby Moore.

Saying that to counter JTs lack of pace, particularly towards the end, the defence sat pretty deep.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At what point does this managerial limbo start to have a real impact on the upcoming season? 

You would hope that sarri and his back room staff have at least a couple of weeks to get settled and prepared for pre-season. 

Transfer wise, I think it is important to have the core of the squad involved in as much of preseason as possible, in order to give us the best chance to start the campaign well. 

If we haven't confirmed the manager situation by the end of month, I think it's going to be a real struggle next season. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Ready Player One said:

I don't want to get into a big thing, and this is the wrong thread anyway...but I really don't think that's true. 

People used to say it about JT, "he gets burned by pacy strikers all the time", and it wasn't true about him either. 

Alonso has been excellent for us. He will be the starting LB next year. 

 

No worries don't want to derail the thread either. But we conceded quite a few goals this season through teams exploiting us down the left hand-side and remember a lot of members on here pointing that out in match threads. Spurs' win at Stamford Bridge is one example, one of their goals came from Alonso lacking the legs to keep up. We will see if Sarri does play him as a LB in a few weeks. 

 

Edited by zes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Master&Commander said:

Sarri is the new manager, it's done 100%. Don't listen to stupid rumors,please.

Albiol don't leave Napoli, Sarri wanted him, but because he has 4 small children, declined the proposal.

Also for Hysaj i don't think will be possible a transfer, because Azpilicueta and Zappacosta are two optimum options in the role.

The probable transfer could be Dries Mertens.

Oh its settled? Alright, holding it to ya M&C :drinks:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
53 minutes ago, big blue said:

At what point does this managerial limbo start to have a real impact on the upcoming season? 

You would hope that sarri and his back room staff have at least a couple of weeks to get settled and prepared for pre-season. 

Transfer wise, I think it is important to have the core of the squad involved in as much of preseason as possible, in order to give us the best chance to start the campaign well. 

If we haven't confirmed the manager situation by the end of month, I think it's going to be a real struggle next season. 

Tbf I'd guess the core of the squad will have time off after the WC anyway. That said I don't think it matters who the manager is - unless by some miracle Spurs sell Eriksen or Liverpool's new players flop we're not finishing top 4 next season. Our best bet is not to get relegated and try to win the Europa League.

Edited by the special one

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, the special one said:

Tbf I'd guess the core of the squad will have time off after the WC anyway. That said I don't think it matters who the manager is - unless by some miracle Spurs sell Eriksen or Liverpool's new players flop we're not finishing top 4 next season. Our best bet is not to get relegated and try to win the Europa League.

Really?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, mwblue10 said:

Really?

Well no I don't honestly think it will happen, but I don't think it's inconceivable that Leicester, Everton, West Ham, Newcastle or Wolves could finish higher than us. Get to 40 pts play some youth and win the Europa League will be a good season for us imho. Without significant investment this summer (which is looking unlikely as it stands) I think next season might be a case of needing to take one step back to take two steps forward.

Edited by the special one

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

More rehashed news regarding Sarri today. Nobody truly knows what’s going on, it’s very quiet at the club and there’s a lot of rumours circulating. 

Don’t mark my words, but I still feel there’s a little way to go yet.

For the record, I still believe Conte will be replaced by Sarri. Simon Phillips 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, the special one said:

Tbf I'd guess the core of the squad will have time off after the WC anyway. That said I don't think it matters who the manager is - unless by some miracle Spurs sell Eriksen or Liverpool's new players flop we're not finishing top 4 next season. Our best bet is not to get relegated and try to win the Europa League.

I assume the not to be getting relegated thing was a joke so ill leave that.

As for not finishing top 4, that should be minimum requirement, a team with a spine of Courtois, Azpi, Kante and Hazard should never finish outside the top 4 places.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Argo said:

I assume the not to be getting relegated thing was a joke so ill leave that.

As for not finishing top 4, that should be minimum requirement, a team with a spine of Courtois, Azpi, Kante and Hazard should never finish outside the top 4 places.

Agreed, it's the rest of the clowns in the squad dragging them down I'm worried about.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Ready Player One said:

 

You guys are in for a shock when (if) Emerson get "the chance". 

Particularly on that "worse athlete" one. You must be going by youtube highlights (if not, no offence intended). He's not much of an athlete at all, and Alonso will get up and down that flank all day. 

Alonso is class. Much better than anyone thought he would be when he signed. It's a shame you've missed it. Our last manager didn't. Our next manager won't. 

Alonso gets slower when he starts running. Take away his goals and you have an average player.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Getting bored by this now. It has been a month since the FA Cup final, pre-season is two weeks away and we have made no actual progress with a coach or in the market.

We also still have not appointed a Director of Football. Something not at all reliant on paying out Conte or Napoli.

Just sought it out. It's beginning to look like a shambles which has a huge impact on our future prospects.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Matt Law - 

• Roman Abramovich is left with the clear choice between sacking Conte or letting him see out the final year of his contract and risk civil war breaking out at the club.

• It is still expected Conte will be sacked.

• Maurizio Sarri still favourite to take over.

 

The Sarri-Chelsea affair will pass through the road of bureaucracy and dialogues. We must have patience, it is NOT a situation – except surprises – of two or three days (via @AlfredoPedulla) #CFC #Napoli

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm almost sure now that Conte will stay for the next season and that we will lose Hazard. I said just after FA Cup final that Conte could have been sacked and people jumped on me saying how it was only 1 week since the season ended...Now it's only 1 month since the season ended and Conte is going to join our Pre-season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Sindre said:

Not if/when that leads to Courtois and Hazard not signing new contracts and push to leave.

That would be their choice ultimately. Fair enough if they want that. No player is bigger than the club.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×