xXRuufioXx

Next Chelsea Manager

Who would be your choice as Chelsea manager going into next season?  

213 members have voted

1. 1. Here are the current favorites with Conte included. Jody Morris is in there as he is the current youth team manager, and promoting from within seems to have worked for Barca, so why not us?!

• Luis Enrique
    • Massimilliano Allegri
    • Carlo Ancelotti
    • Diego Simeoni
    • Thomas Tuchel
    • Maurizio Sarri
    • Jody Morris
    • Antonio Conte
    • Other

Another season of 3 at the back.

Another season of defensive football.

Another season of suffering without the ball. 

Another season of players not getting opportunities they deserve.

Losing our best players as they don't want to play under Conte (Hazard, Willian).

All this whilst knowing Conte is leaving after a year just to save £15m. 

Sigh. 

17 minutes ago, Chelsbear said:

Be prepared for a sh*t house of a season.

I don't expect major recruitment either as he will be gone next summer or sooner so they wont splurge on big players

The date is september 1 2018, Chelsea lost 1-4 against Bournemouth at home. Conte steps up on the podium to give his pressconference. The message is clear. He did everything he could with the players he had in the squad. They did a superb job in suffering without the ball. He is commited, commited to get 120% out of the players and he belive he did so against the mighty Bournemouth. Next game is Cardiff at home and Conte once again reassure us that we WILL suffer without the ball. 

Edited by Costa19

I've checked Chelsea's twitter page and no mention of Conte returning to training. I will hold out until I see pictures of him. 

The club have done Conte wrong so far this offseason. There's not been a word for him or his camp other than the usual 'I'm happy to be here and preparing for preseason'. 

Chelsea have been actively suiting a replacement without sacking him first. If he's sacked tomorrow and Sarri is signed, fantastic. Say want you want but he's been consistent for months now that he's prepared to do his job and won't step down because he wants to fulfill his responsibilities.

I can't see any reason for the certain block of us to keep going on about how he wants to leave and we're going to be awful because he's going to mail it in. What in Conte's personality makes you think that? He's quit other jobs before and if you think it's about the money you need to step back and see that he's already a multimillionaire. 

All this speculation around players wanting out if Conte leaves.....does any know this for certain or is this just media speculation based on players being dropped or falling out of favour towards the end of last season?  Apart from Tibo who has stated (apparently) that he would like to be nearer his family I can't remember any other player stating they want out if he stays.   The club would be rather stupid to keep Conte if a player revolt was imminent.  If 11 mill is the number to pay him and his staff off that's about the selling price of one or two players on the periphery of the squad, so money surely can't be the problem?  Or is the problem no one to replace him temporarily or otherwise? And even that I can't believe given the number of managers looking for work, even if it was Zola for a few months.

8 minutes ago, TheChelseaBlues said:

The club have done Conte wrong so far this offseason. There's not been a word for him or his camp other than the usual 'I'm happy to be here and preparing for preseason'. 

Chelsea have been actively suiting a replacement without sacking him first. If he's sacked tomorrow and Sarri is signed, fantastic. Say want you want but he's been consistent for months now that he's prepared to do his job and won't step down because he wants to fulfill his responsibilities.

I can't see any reason for the certain block of us to keep going on about how he wants to leave and we're going to be awful because he's going to mail it in. What in Conte's personality makes you think that? He's quit other jobs before and if you think it's about the money you need to step back and see that he's already a multimillionaire. 

Good old Conte, saying the right things to get his compo :face_palm:

Never have I read or heard players want to leave because of Conte. Never have I read or heard this player or this player has fallen out with Conte.

Luiz' case is debatable because we haven't seen him play too much and his injury didn't seem so bad. 

Tibo could be on his way out because of his kids living in Madrid. And after the FA cup he said he wants the managerial situation to be sorted. By sorted he can mean Conte is definetly staying or new manager is coming. Hazard has said nothing.

I think Conte was restricted to playing defensively as he had no tools in midfield to roll over opponents. Most of teams also reverted to 3 at back last term. We also didn't have Costa's potency in front of goal. Costa left because of Conte. Who knows?

Is it normal for a club not to mention the manager on the website when writing about the pre-season and publishing pictures? I went on to our rivals websites and they have either some comments from their managers about the per-season or pictures on them leading the trainings.

2 minutes ago, evissy said:

Never have I read or heard players want to leave because of Conte. Never have I read or heard this player or this player has fallen out with Conte.

Luiz' case is debatable because we haven't seen him play too much and his injury didn't seem so bad. 

Tibo could be on his way out because of his kids living in Madrid. And after the FA cup he said he wants the managerial situation to be sorted. By sorted he can mean Conte is definetly staying or new manager is coming. Hazard has said nothing.

I think Conte was restricted to playing defensively as he had no tools in midfield to roll over opponents. Most of teams also reverted to 3 at back last term. We also didn't have Costa's potency in front of goal. Costa left because of Conte. Who knows?

3-4-3 was a one-off success due to the surprise factor. We know Conte is a defensive coach and I'm sure players who train with him on a regular basis like Pedro and Hazard who have stated in various interviews about his defensive nature know more than we do. Let's end it there we don't need to repeat the same points over and over again regarding Conte's 'philosophy' of football. I'll admit to being wrong if Conte changes up formation in the season which I doubt he will. 

3 minutes ago, Costa19 said:

Is it normal for a club not to mention the manager on the website when writing about the pre-season and publishing pictures? I went on to our rivals websites and they have either some comments from their managers about the per-season or pictures on them leading the trainings.

That's why I'm wondering why everyone is so confident it's over. I am personally going to wait till I see Chelsea tweet 'Our Boss Conte returns to cobham this afternoon' with a nice smiley face 

Theres definitely a bit of a stink at the club, despite Conte being very well paid, the culture in there must be horrendous at the moment.

I am sure he has the Sunday night fear these days!!

38 minutes ago, TheChelseaBlues said:

If you honestly don't think a person would stay in a job for money because they're already a millionaire you're deluded. Conte walked from other jobs when he had another job to walk in to. If he walked from Chelsea where would he go? Of course he's staying around for the money, why wouldn't he? 

2 minutes ago, zes said:

3-4-3 was a one-off success due to the surprise factor. We know Conte is a defensive coach and I'm sure players who train with him on a regular basis like Pedro and Hazard who have stated in various interviews about his defensive nature know more than we do. Let's end it there we don't need to repeat the same points over and over again regarding Conte's 'philosophy' of football. I'll admit to being wrong if Conte changes up formation in the season which I doubt he will. 

We were pretty damn good when we won the title under him and the most balanced side. 

6 minutes ago, RIP Mourinho said:

Of course he's staying around for the money, why wouldn't he? 

Because just possibly he has a sense of decency and honour about him?

Not something that abounds in great quantity around this forum,  I'll grant you, but not everyone is a money-driven, self-centred child  of Thatcher.

Edited by yorkleyblue

3 minutes ago, evissy said:

We were pretty damn good when we won the title under him and the most balanced side. 

Yes I mentioned the surprise factor. Teams move on. 

Edited by zes

Chelsea could today announce Maurizio Sarri as their new manager with Manchester City target Jorginho joining him at Stamford Bridge as part of the package. [Corriere dello Sport]

Believe it when I see it..

7 minutes ago, yorkleyblue said:

Because just possibly he has a sense of decency and honour about him?

Not something that abounds in great quantity around this forum,  I'll grant you, but not everyone is a money-driven, self-centred child  of Thatcher.

Don't be silly, this is football we're talking about. Everyone and everything is money motivated within it. 

30 minutes ago, yorkleyblue said:

Not everyone thinks the same as you do, @Ernie_blue

Some people have maybe a touch of honour about them and possibly it's NOT all about getting a few quid extra for a multi-millionaire.   Or me, for that matter.

So Conte would leave without getting the few extra quid? I would be shocked if he did but fair play to him.

15 hours ago, TheChelseaBlues said:

He's increasing his demand because the buyout for this upcoming season has expired and that's his prerogative. He holds all the cards unfortunately. 

He might hold all the cards, but only up to the point when Sarri is eventually released. If Sarri is not let go, ADL is going to have a law suit on his hands. And no top manager will want to work with him any more (after he inevitably pisses off Ancelotti of course).

You need time to lawyer up for stuff like this, something Sarri doesn’t necessarily have. He wants to move now. However if nothing happens and Sarri is left with his dick hanging in the wind then he’ll have all the time in the world. If there is any truth to this it is some sort of ploy to stall. I’m only speculating, but I think this is about the reports last week about ADL only agreeing to release Sarri on the condition that we don’t poach any of their players. Chelsea are not going for this and are trying to push through Sarri’s release without this condition, hence why the rumours about Jorginho. ADL is panicking so he demands a ridiculous increase in Sarri’s transfer fee to ward Chelsea off. Chelsea then let ADL know that they can walk from these negotiations by starting pre-season with Conte. Sarri doesn’t have any suitors. Another may come up if we walk away, but wouldn’t be as attractive for Sarri, and they wouldn’t be coughing up the same cash as us. If Sarri doesn’t get his move, he’ll surely have grounds, and means (ie. time) to prosecute.

It’s a game of brinkmanship, with potentially only losers on both sides. If we get Sarri and a couple of the better Napoli players, before the cream of our current squad walkout, then I’d call it a win for us. But this needs to finish sooner rather than later for the “win” to happen.

9 minutes ago, RIP Mourinho said:

Don't be silly, this is football we're talking about. Everyone and everything is money motivated within it. 

You think so? I think Zola, for one, would argue with that cynical  point of view.  

(And, those who know me would be screaming that for me to be accusing someone else of cynicism means a huge amount)

23 minutes ago, zes said:

Yes I mentioned the surprise factor. Teams move on. 

It is so one off that England is using a 352 successfully (so far) and in no way very defensively. The struggle this season has been pointed out, a very weak midfield where only Kante performed.

Edited by RMH

1 minute ago, RMH said:

It is so one off that England is using a 352 successfully (so far) and in no way very defensively. The struggle this season has been pointed out, a very weak midfield where only Kante performed.

Lol who have England been playing so far? 

Tunisia - pub team

Panama - another pub team 

Belgium - lost

Colombia - Penalties 

Sweden - Pub team

I will admit the errors in my ways if England manage to beat a good side like Belgium or France, which they won't.