xXRuufioXx

Next Chelsea Manager

Who would be your choice as Chelsea manager going into next season?  

213 members have voted

1. 1. Here are the current favorites with Conte included. Jody Morris is in there as he is the current youth team manager, and promoting from within seems to have worked for Barca, so why not us?!

• Luis Enrique
    • Massimilliano Allegri
    • Carlo Ancelotti
    • Diego Simeoni
    • Thomas Tuchel
    • Maurizio Sarri
    • Jody Morris
    • Antonio Conte
    • Other

Sarri has rejected Zenit,  who were ready to pay his release clause, claim @CalcioNapoli24 

Ancelotti and Napoli have agreement for him to take over from Sarri, claims @zazzatweet

14 minutes ago, Gol15 said:

Why isn't there anything happening yet this is very annoying...

As X said, the season only ended 3 days ago, plus we have no idea what is happening. How about a little patience and less annoyance? 

3 days since the season ended is not a real argument, you could say it has been only 1 week in just 4 more days it doesn't really matter the problem is that if Conte was getting sacked he could have been sacked today. If nothing happens tomorrow someone will say that it has just been 4 days since the season has ended...

We can be behind other teams in the transfer market very easy, even worse we can end up signing players that the club thinks are good and not our potential new manager.

I don't see any problem with any fan that wants something done as soon as possible.

But be my guest and spam the same sentence again it's very funny almost like a fly that keeps hitting a light source until it dies . . .

13 minutes ago, Gol15 said:

3 days since the season ended is not a real argument, you could say it has been only 1 week in just 4 more days it .

Ever year it gets worse, every single f**king year, but this is easily the most ridiculous post ever. 

1 minute ago, Gol15 said:

I don't see any problem with any fan that wants something done as soon as possible.

But be my guest and spam the same sentence again it's very funny almost like a fly that keeps hitting a light source until it dies . . .

You’re new here, he’s some sage advice. Don’t poke the Yorkley :wink:

Antonio Conte is one step away from Chelsea: according to Premium Sport, the Italian technician is expected in these hours in London to formalize his farewell from #CFC. The announcement could maybe even arrive in the next few hours. (calciomercato.com)

The termination of contract is a contentious issue though, as #CFC wants a consentual resolution of the contract, but Conte intends to terminate it to get his termination fee for the one season that is left on the deal. (calciomercato.com)

Simon phillips - (On how far Chelsea are with appointng a new manager) “Yeah I believe the pieces of the puzzle will all start to fall into place once Conte has departed officially.”

Edited by JM7

49 minutes ago, dkw said:

Ever year it gets worse, every single f**king year, but this is easily the most ridiculous post ever. 

Wait until it's June 5th and four world class players aren't signed yet (at a cost of £650m), that ICHK fella will be back with a vengeance.

1 hour ago, Munkworth said:

Calm down guys; Marina is just busy finalising a few little details in Big Sams contract and he’ll be announced soon. 

Please god no. 

1 hour ago, yorkleyblue said:

But I WANT SOMETHING DONE,  and I want it DONE NOW,  and I want it young and sexy and of the gender of my choice,  naked and wrapped in clingfilm, and dipped in chocolate. NOW.

I TOLD YOU I DON'T DO CLINGFILM!

1 hour ago, JM7 said:

Antonio Conte is one step away from Chelsea: according to Premium Sport, the Italian technician is expected in these hours in London to formalize his farewell from #CFC. The announcement could maybe even arrive in the next few hours. (calciomercato.com)

The termination of contract is a contentious issue though, as #CFC wants a consentual resolution of the contract, but Conte intends to terminate it to get his termination fee for the one season that is left on the deal. (calciomercato.com)

Simon phillips - (On how far Chelsea are with appointng a new manager) “Yeah I believe the pieces of the puzzle will all start to fall into place once Conte has departed officially.”

Of course he doesn't give a bloody f**k about a mutual termination of contract. He doesn't give a f**k about Chelsea. Not even a little bit. And he's not as wealthy as Jose. So we shouldn't expect the Jose kind of agreement from last time. He wants his cheque. He probably won't get that kind of cheque for at least another few years. I don't blame him. Should never have renewed his contract last summer. Thank God we didn't extend the contract, we'd have been in a worse situation.

11 minutes ago, Barrettinator said:

Of course he doesn't give a bloody f**k about a mutual termination of contract. He doesn't give a f**k about Chelsea. Not even a little bit. And he's not as wealthy as Jose. So we shouldn't expect the Jose kind of agreement from last time. He wants his cheque. He probably won't get that kind of cheque for at least another few years. I don't blame him. Should never have renewed his contract last summer. Thank God we didn't extend the contract, we'd have been in a worse situation.

We do it ourselves every time, you would have thought we would have learned from previous times,but no not chelseas board

Unconfirmed rumours that Marina told Sarri to try to get himself fired so Chelsea wouldn't have to pay his buyout clause and that money would be used to payoff Conte instead, slashing the cost of the fire and hire in half. Apparently, Conte will get fired immediately Sarri is fired by Napoli. ADL is under a lot of pressure to get a new manager.

Take that report with a grain of salt but it makes some sense to me, considering how much of a penny pincher Marina has become these days.

Anyway, I wouldn't mind missing out on Sarri if it means we get Jardim. Love Sarri's football but I don't think he'll be here long term. Jardim though has the potential to be more long term and he's more friendly to youth players.

Edited by Barrettinator

5 minutes ago, Barrettinator said:

Unconfirmed reports that Marina told Sarri to try to get himself fired so Chelsea wouldn't have to pay his buyout clause and that money would be used to payoff Conte instead, slashing the cost of the fire and hire in half. Apparently, Conte will get fired immediately Sarri is fired by Napoli. ADL is under a lot of pressure to get a new manager.

Take that report with a grain of salt but it makes some sense to me, considering how much of a penny pincher Marina has become these days.

Anyway, I wouldn't mind missing out on Sarri if it means we get Jardim. Love Sarri's football but I don't think he'll be here long term. Jardim though has the potential to be more long term and he's more friendly to youth players.

Sarri's reported buy out is €7m? 

Conte's compensation package is €10m? 

I find it hard to believe we are dragging our heals over saving what is a pretty small amount all things considered. 

I'm not saying it isn't true, I just can't see us seriously trying to get sarri to get himself sacked in order to save a 7th of a danny drinkwater. 

7 minutes ago, Barrettinator said:

I tend to agree. Sarri is how old? Is he 60? Has he won anything? No. Playing good football is a lot easier than winning, ask Arsene Wenger. Sure, somebody will pipe in and say he got a record number of points for a team coming second. Forgive me but I couldn't give a f**k. The world is full of people who got a record score coming second. Getting over the line is another thing and that's what separates the men from the boys. Italy is not the strongest league. Finishing above Juve would be an achievement. As I said, Rafa Benitez came second with Napoli. Klopp finished above Bayern with Dortmund. Jardim finished above PSG with Monaco. Jardim's far younger. I'm struggling to understand why he's not getting more of a mention and everybody's fixated on Sarri. Perhaps somebody can explain. He plays good football? Sarri*, but I'll need a little bit more than that.

* Do you see what I did there?

3 minutes ago, big blue said:

Sarri's reported buy out is €7m? 

Conte's compensation package is €10m? 

I find it hard to believe we are dragging our heals over saving what is a pretty small amount all things considered. 

I'm not saying it isn't true, I just can't see us seriously trying to get sarri to get himself sacked in order to save a 7th of a danny drinkwater. 

We spent over a month haggling over a 3m difference with Monaco in the Bakayoko transfer. Marina would penny pinch about 10 quid of you gave her the chance. It's not surprising to me at all.

4 minutes ago, Davey Baby said:

I tend to agree. Sarri is how old? Is he 60? Has he won anything? No. Playing good football is a lot easier than winning, ask Arsene Wenger. Sure, somebody will pipe in and say he got a record number of points for a team coming second. Forgive me but I couldn't give a f**k. The world is full of people who got a record score coming second. Getting over the line is another thing and that's what separates the men from the boys. Italy is not the strongest league. Finishing above Juve would be an achievement. As I said, Rafa Benitez came second with Napoli. Klopp finished above Bayern with Dortmund. Jardim finished above PSG with Monaco. Jardim's far younger. I'm struggling to understand why he's not getting more of a mention and everybody's fixated on Sarri. Perhaps somebody can explain. He plays good football? Sarri*, but I'll need a little bit more than that.

* Do you see what I did there?

On one hand, Jardim being young gives me confidence that there'll be a second chance to get him in the future if we don't get him now. On the other hand, he could be hired by someone else who refuses to let him go by the time we're ready to hire him (or maybe he chooses not to join). It would be a shame. 

Then again, there might be a new flavour of the month when Sarri leaves Chelsea. 3 years ago neither Sarri nor Jardim would have popped up in discussions for top jobs like this.