Jump to content

xXRuufioXx

Next Chelsea Manager


Who would be your choice as Chelsea manager going into next season?  

213 members have voted

  1. 1. Here are the current favorites with Conte included. Jody Morris is in there as he is the current youth team manager, and promoting from within seems to have worked for Barca, so why not us?!

    • Luis Enrique
      7
    • Massimilliano Allegri
      10
    • Carlo Ancelotti
      18
    • Diego Simeoni
      20
    • Thomas Tuchel
      12
    • Maurizio Sarri
      57
    • Jody Morris
      18
    • Antonio Conte
      56
    • Other
      15


Recommended Posts


4 minutes ago, Sindre said:

Clever if thats the plan and we pull it off.

Unbelievable, but i am holding off on counting my chickens as Conte is still here

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Davey Baby said:

 

I tend to agree. Sarri is how old? Is he 60? Has he won anything? No. Playing good football is a lot easier than winning, ask Arsene Wenger. Sure, somebody will pipe in and say he got a record number of points for a team coming second. Forgive me but I couldn't give a f**k. The world is full of people who got a record score coming second. Getting over the line is another thing and that's what separates the men from the boys. Italy is not the strongest league. Finishing above Juve would be an achievement. As I said, Rafa Benitez came second with Napoli. Klopp finished above Bayern with Dortmund. Jardim finished above PSG with Monaco. Jardim's far younger. I'm struggling to understand why he's not getting more of a mention and everybody's fixated on Sarri. Perhaps somebody can explain. He plays good football? Sarri*, but I'll need a little bit more than that.

 

* Do you see what I did there?

Napoli have progressively improved since he took over 3 seasons ago. This season they acquired the best point tally out of the top European leagues and not win the league. Juventus were just that consistent. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Davey Baby said:

Argo, are you suggesting Pochettino could have won the title and FA Cup if he had come in 2 years ago. If so, much as I respect you as a poster, I disagree. Conte takes the credit for our successes, and he also takes the blame for getting sacked.

Not nesseserily, but he would certainly be in a better stead to have a chance. We have won trophy's in every single good season (in terms of the way we played) under Roman bar 2004 and 2008 and even that side came within a kick or decent weather of a CL under Avram Grant, and we also have a habit of winning silverware when were poor, like this season, 2012 and 2013.

I believe the winning culture at the club now runs so deep it would take a Keegan esque bottler to put that at risk.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Argo said:

Not nesseserily, but he would certainly be in a better stead to have a chance. We have won trophy's in every single good season (in terms of the way we played) under Roman bar 2004 and 2008 and even that side came within a kick or decent weather of a CL under Avram Grant, and we also have a habit of winning silverware when were poor, like this season, 2012 and 2013.

I believe the winning culture at the club now runs so deep it would take a Keegan esque bottler to put that at risk.

 

For the last 5 years we've had Jose and Conte at the helm and we've picked up 2 titles and 2 cups. Both managers are serial winners. Before then, we had Benitez, another serial winner, and we won the EL. Carlo won the double, he's a serial winner. We won the Cup with Hiddink, another serial winner. Do you see a pattern? We hire serial winners, we win things.

 

Now I know what you're saying, a winning mentality is so embedded it can help incoming managers. Sure, if you've got players who have won things, it helps to win things. Di Matteo is the only exception under Roman, the only one who wasn't a serial winner but who won silverware with us. It helped that he had a group of players that were serial winners. Cech, Cole, Terry, Lamps, Drogba, Ivanovic etc etc. Tellingly however, and this is the crucial thing, he was sacked almost immediately. We started to wobble and he was gone.

 

Edit: This winning culture you speak of, it's built on two things. Hiring serial winners and sacking managers ruthlessly. I really don't think Pochettino would prove a success.

Edited by Davey Baby

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

50 minutes ago, Davey Baby said:

 

Thanks for your answer. I will take your word for it. Jesus you've got me excited now. However, can he get over the line? Does he have the nerve? There is absolutely no proof that he has. People banged on about Bielsa being a genius but he never won anything in Europe, despite the reputation. As you say, Sarri definitely constitutes a risk, but I'm not wholly against that, I just wondered why so many people were set on him. Anyway you've given me a good answer. Can I ask, have you seen much of Napoli under him?

 

That's a question for all of you really, those of you that say the football is fantastic. How much have you really seen? I hear Tottenham's football is really good. That doesn't make Pochettino a top manager. He's good but he's shown he loses his nerve when push comes to shove, and I honestly wouldn't want him here, reason being he's not good enough. As I say, winning is a lot harder than playing good football.

Here's some videos of Napoli to give you a better look at why people are so excited about Sarri. It's pretty much quick short passing to suck the opposition in and then they either play a quick vertical ball or shift the ball to the other side to try and use the space on that side. Personally for me the most exciting thing about it is is just how quick they move the ball around. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Davey Baby said:

 

For the last 5 years we've had Jose and Conte at the helm and we've picked up 2 titles and 2 cups. Both managers are serial winners. Before then, we had Benitez, another serial winner, and we won the EL. Carlo won the double, he's a serial winner. We won the Cup with Hiddink, another serial winner. Do you see a pattern? We hire serial winners, we win things.

 

Now I know what you're saying, a winning mentality is so embedded it can help incoming managers. Sure, if you've got players who have won things, it helps to win things. Di Matteo is the only exception under Roman, the only one who wasn't a serial winner but who won silverware with us. It helped that he had a group of players that were serial winners. Cech, Cole, Terry, Lamps, Drogba, Ivanovic etc etc. Tellingly however, and this is the crucial thing, he was sacked almost immediately. we started to wobble and he was gone.

 

This winning culture you speak of, it's built on two things. Hiring serial winners and sacking managers ruthlessly. I really don't think Pochettino would prove a success.

Ancelotti wasn't really a serial winner tbf. Neither was Hiddink. They won things but I wouldn't class them as serial winners the same way Mourinho/Conte are. If anything Ancelotti is a serial underperformer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Total-Football said:

Ancelotti wasn't really a serial winner tbf. Neither was Hiddink. They won things but I wouldn't class them as serial winners the same way Mourinho/Conte are. If anything Ancelotti is a serial underperformer.

 

I'm not Carlo's biggest fan but he's won the CL with 2 different clubs and he's won the league in 4 different countries. By any normal standards, he's a serial winner, although maybe not by Jose or Conte's standards. He's won the CL 3 times, that's 3 times more than Conte and once more than Jose. He's won domestic Cups in 4 countries.

 

His greatest achievement was winning the CL with Milan the second time, after losing the final in traumatic fashion to Liverpool the year before. That took some doing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Davey Baby said:

 

I'm not Carlo's biggest fan but he's won the CL with 2 different clubs and he's won the league in 4 different countries. By any normal standards, he's a serial winner, although maybe not by Jose or Conte's standards. He's won the CL 3 times, that's 3 times more than Conte and once more than Jose. He's won domestic Cups in 4 countries.

 

His greatest achievement was winning the CL with Milan the second time, after losing the final in traumatic fashion to Liverpool the year before. That took some doing.

He is a cup manager. Which is ironic considering he failed in the CL with us. His league success is really poor considering the teams he has managed. 

Generally speaking, we are rather hit and miss with managers in general for performance. We have great seasons and are looking poor seasons and they are roughly even in terms of level of performance during Abramovich's era. There isn't much consistency with our club which seems to be a direct result of our short term mentality. If we build a long term identity akin to Barcelona, I feel we can have much greater consistency in our success. That doesn't come at the expense of trophies mind but a bit more long term planning and order is much needed at the club. 

Avram Grant was a Terry slip and 95th minute Heskey goal away from winning the PL and CL double. That's ridiculous when you think about it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Total-Football said:

He is a cup manager. Which is ironic considering he failed in the CL with us. His league success is really poor considering the teams he has managed. 

Generally speaking, we are rather hit and miss with managers in general for performance. We have great seasons and are looking poor seasons and they are roughly even in terms of level of performance during Abramovich's era. There isn't much consistency with our club which seems to be a direct result of our short term mentality. If we build a long term identity akin to Barcelona, I feel we can have much greater consistency in our success. That doesn't come at the expense of trophies mind but a bit more long term planning and order is much needed at the club. 

Avram Grant was a Terry slip and 95th minute Heskey goal away from winning the PL and CL double. That's ridiculous when you think about it. 

Ancelotti is one of the best managers of all time and he was a good Chelsea manager overall, even if he never won in Europe with us. The manager that won us the Champions League is Di Matteo and he's not even close to Ancelotti.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Gol15 said:

Ancelotti is one of the best managers of all time and he was a good Chelsea manager overall, even if he never won in Europe with us. The manager that won us the Champions League is Di Matteo and he's not even close to Ancelotti.

I wouldn't even have him as one of our best manager's.

Overall Jose, Conte and Hiddink were better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, Argo said:

I wouldn't even have him as one of our best manager's.

Overall Jose, Conte and Hiddink were better.

Are you serious? Or trolling? Ancelotti not one of Chelsea's best managers?
His only Premier League club was Chelsea, first season with Ancelotti 2009 we broke the dominance of Man United that had won the Premier League title for 3 years in a row, first year we automatically won the Premier League title, FA Cup title and Community Shield, scored 103 goals, we DOMINATED Man United, Liverpool and Arsenal both home and away, Drogba's best scoring season with 29 league goals! - That alone tops Conte and Hiddink.
His assistant was Ray Wilkins, this is what Ancelotti said about him: "Ray is one of those select few, always present, noble in spirit, a real blue blood, Chelsea flows in his veins."
Lampard said about Ancelotti: "A great man and a great coach...I felt he was a manager I could rely on."
Terry about Ancelotti: "He’s a close second to Jose in terms of my favourite manager. I’d love to see him back in the Premier League and winning things."

Ancelotti is obviously one of our best managers, and it's a fact that he is one of the best managers world-wide his winnings speak for themselves.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Gol15 said:

Are you serious? Or trolling? Ancelotti not one of Chelsea's best managers?
His only Premier League club was Chelsea, first season with Ancelotti 2009 we broke the dominance of Man United that had won the Premier League title for 3 years in a row, first year we automatically won the Premier League title, FA Cup title and Community Shield, scored 103 goals, we DOMINATED Man United, Liverpool and Arsenal both home and away, Drogba's best scoring season with 29 league goals! - That alone tops Conte and Hiddink.
His assistant was Ray Wilkins, this is what Ancelotti said about him: "Ray is one of those select few, always present, noble in spirit, a real blue blood, Chelsea flows in his veins."
Lampard said about Ancelotti: "A great man and a great coach...I felt he was a manager I could rely on."
Terry about Ancelotti: "He’s a close second to Jose in terms of my favourite manager. I’d love to see him back in the Premier League and winning things."

Ancelotti is obviously one of our best managers, and it's a fact that he is one of the best managers world-wide his winnings speak for themselves.

 

Think he was referring to RDM, but maybe not

Edited by mwblue10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Gol15 said:

Are you serious? Or trolling? Ancelotti not one of Chelsea's best managers?
His only Premier League club was Chelsea, first season with Ancelotti 2009 we broke the dominance of Man United that had won the Premier League title for 3 years in a row, first year we automatically won the Premier League title, FA Cup title and Community Shield, scored 103 goals, we DOMINATED Man United, Liverpool and Arsenal both home and away, Drogba's best scoring season with 29 league goals! - That alone tops Conte and Hiddink.
His assistant was Ray Wilkins, this is what Ancelotti said about him: "Ray is one of those select few, always present, noble in spirit, a real blue blood, Chelsea flows in his veins."
Lampard said about Ancelotti: "A great man and a great coach...I felt he was a manager I could rely on."
Terry about Ancelotti: "He’s a close second to Jose in terms of my favourite manager. I’d love to see him back in the Premier League and winning things."

Ancelotti is obviously one of our best managers, and it's a fact that he is one of the best managers world-wide his winnings speak for themselves.

 

From a tactical POV last season's Conte and Hiddink in the first spell were better (for example, i can't recall Carlo outsmarting any top managers the way Hiddink did Benitez and Pep). Also we had a serious problem with complacency that season at times, when we HAD to win we did, but when we had a chance to pull clear we almost always f**ked it up, compare that to how Jose and Conte had us ruthlessly gobbling up chances to extend the lead, which in my opinion is the main aspect that stands against him in comparison to them two..... It's funny you mention Lamps because he himself admitted Carlo's team while more entertaining lagged behind Jose's in terms of sheer effectiveness.

I worded my initial response to you totally wrong, and ofcourse Carlo was good overall, but i never had the same confidence with him than i did Jose and Hiddink both the first time and Conte last season, im sorry but i just didn't.

Edited by Argo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Argo said:

From a tactical POV last season's Conte and Hiddink in the first spell were better (for example, i can't recall Carlo outsmarting any top managers the way Hiddink did Benitez and Pep). Also we had a serious problem with complacency that season at times, when we HAD to win we did, but when we had a chance to pull clear we almost always f**ked it up, compare that to how Jose and Conte had us ruthlessly gobbling up chances to extend the lead, which in my opinion is the main aspect that stands against him in comparison to them two..... It's funny you mention Lamps because he himself admitted Carlo's team while more entertaining lagged behind Jose's in terms of sheer effectiveness.

I worded my initial response to you totally wrong, and ofcourse Carlo was good overall, but i never had the same confidence with him than i did Jose and Hiddink both the first time and Conte last season, im sorry but i just didn't.

I understand how you feel.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Hazard10 said:

 

 

I don't think I've ever seen a Sarri game before, but damn you've got me excited now. Imagine that kind of play with Willian and Hazard.. :droolsmiley:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good morning everyone! 

So it seems as if today will be the day. Ancelotti reportedly signing for Napoli. Glad there has been some development overnight.  But I also wouldn't be surprised if Sarri isn't announced today. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There is still talk of sarri not being considered on other forums for chelsea, because of his past,so who knows what is actually happening, Enrique apparently is still being considered if they can agree a figure 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Bluesince66 said:

There is still talk of sarri not being considered on other forums for chelsea, because of his past,so who knows what is actually happening, Enrique apparently is still being considered if they can agree a figure 

What other forums? I only know about this one and Talkchelsea. Would love to see more forums :)

Imagine if Napoli sack Sarri and we end up with Enrique for 2x the cost of Sarri :biggrin: Only in Chelsea

Edited by Costa19

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...