Jump to content

xXRuufioXx

Next Chelsea Manager


Who would be your choice as Chelsea manager going into next season?  

213 members have voted

  1. 1. Here are the current favorites with Conte included. Jody Morris is in there as he is the current youth team manager, and promoting from within seems to have worked for Barca, so why not us?!

    • Luis Enrique
      7
    • Massimilliano Allegri
      10
    • Carlo Ancelotti
      18
    • Diego Simeoni
      20
    • Thomas Tuchel
      12
    • Maurizio Sarri
      57
    • Jody Morris
      18
    • Antonio Conte
      56
    • Other
      15


Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, Costa19 said:

What other forums? I only know about this one and Talkchelsea. Would love to see more forums :)

Imagine if Napoli sack Sarri and we end up with Enrique for 2x the cost of Sarri :biggrin: Only in Chelsea

It's chelsea rumours,it has the ed's on it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

FWIW, that ed002 gets f**k all right, btw.   The only stuff i have seen him call right, is the stories already in the public domain and reported by others.

 

If  Ancelotti has signed i think the only development we may see today is clarity on whether Sarri resigns or is sacked.  I am not expecting Conte news yet, although we need some so we know whether he will be our manager or not

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, RickUK said:

FWIW, that ed002 gets f**k all right, btw.   The only stuff i have seen him call right, is the stories already in the public domain and reported by others.

Nah, he's provided information in the past that no-one had ever even mentioned publicly thats turned out to be spot on, and his knowledge of the dealings of even practically unknown players is encyclopedic. He can be an annoying fecker sometimes, but I don't think there's any doubt he's genuinely involved in the football agent/transfer world.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Michael Ballack to be on Chelsea shortlist for Director of Football. #CFC (Standard)

Juliano Belletti and Luis Campos also named on the shortlist of candidates.

 

Would be incredible to have Ballack but obviously we need the best person for the job. 

Edited by JM7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Carlo Ancelotti could be announced today as #Napoli coach and will earn €6.5m per season (Gazzetta dello Sport)

 

Guessing that we will hear something soon 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, JM7 said:

Michael Ballack to be on Chelsea shortlist for Director of Football. #CFC (Standard)

Juliano Belletti and Luis Campos also named on the shortlist of candidates.

 

Would be incredible to have Ballack but obviously we need the best person for the job. 

Ballack would be a very interesting appointment. While he doesn't have much experience in that sort of role he has a huge footballing background on the world stage and also has a history with Chelsea. He's also massively respected in world football

I feel most Chelsea fans would agree that on our current board we lack someone that has a footballing background, it's full of business people who sometimes don't fully understand how football works. Ballack would add something completely different to our board and knows football better than most people

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, RickUK said:

I have this horrible feeling Zenit will get Sarri

Rumour on Twitter was that he has turned them down. I’m slightly worried that we will still end up with Enrique but I think that we're after Sarri and are just waiting for events to unfold like Ancelloti etc. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have to say, despite the videos posted on this thread, and the supposed quality of Sarri's football, I'm surprised we're not going after Jardim.

 

Jardim's CV is simply better. He won the French league, which was pretty miraculous, he also has other silverware on his CV, and he's young in managerial terms whereas Sarri's old. Sarri has never won a pot of any description. Sarri's predecessor at Napoli also came second in one season but crucially also won silverware. How has Sarri got on in the Cups? Has he even reached a final? His record in European competition is abysmal. I remember Monaco under Jardim knocking out Arsenal and City.

 

Furthermore, Jardim had the heart ripped out of his Monaco side and he hasn't complained, just created a new side, which came second last season, which is no disgrace considering you're competing against PSG. By all accounts Jardim is also more inclined to play youth.

 

He also made Bakayoko look a player supposedly so he's a miracle worker.

 

Lastly, I'd like to ask why Napoli are letting Sarri go without a fight. He's under contract is he not? Forgive me if I don't know the details. The Napoli owner is a notoriously hard guy to do business with so I can't believe he'd make things easy for us if he wasn't happy to see him go.

 

Edit: I've just had a look at Jardim's wiki page and it's mighty impressive. He's worked wonders wherever he's been. He also took Monaco to the CL semis.

 

Double edit: I've just looked at Sarri's wiki page. Last two seasons Napoli have led Serie A at the halfway point. Both times they tailed off. As I said in an earlier post, winning is a lot harder than playing pretty football. My fear would be can he hold his nerve. There is absolutely no evidence he can.

 

Triple edit: When I think of Simeone's achievements at Atletico and Klopp's at Dortmund, Jardim bears comparison whereas Sarri doesn't. All those guys got the underdogs to win. That's what makes them special managers.

Edited by Davey Baby

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Sparkz said:

Ballack would be a very interesting appointment. While he doesn't have much experience in that sort of role he has a huge footballing background on the world stage and also has a history with Chelsea. He's also massively respected in world football

I feel most Chelsea fans would agree that on our current board we lack someone that has a footballing background, it's full of business people who sometimes don't fully understand how football works. Ballack would add something completely different to our board and knows football better than most people

Would it be an idea to get Steve Walsh back? I know he made a pigs ear at Everton but did a great scouting job for us and Leicester 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rumors say Roman still didn't make a decision about Sarri and he is thinking if Sarri is ready for the Premier League. I don't know if that is true after everything that happen and given the age of Sarri it's kind of a question of if not now then when...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Davey Baby said:

Lastly, I'd like to ask why Napoli are letting Sarri go without a fight. He's under contract is he not? Forgive me if I don't know the details. The Napoli owner is a notoriously hard guy to do business with so I can't believe he'd make things easy for us if he wasn't happy to see him go.

Could be that someone's paid his release clause?

Not necessarily us, might be Zenit have reached an agreement. 

Or maybe the opportunity to recruit Ancelotti, a better, more successful manager, was too good to turn down for Napoli? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Davey Baby said:

I have to say, despite the videos posted on this thread, and the supposed quality of Sarri's football, I'm surprised we're not going after Jardim.

 

Jardim's CV is simply better. He won the French league, which was pretty miraculous, he also has other silverware on his CV, and he's young in managerial terms whereas Sarri's old. Sarri has never won a pot of any description. Sarri's predecessor at Napoli also came second in one season but crucially also won silverware. How has Sarri got on in the Cups? Has he even reached a final? His record in European competition is abysmal. I remember Monaco under Jardim knocking out Arsenal and City.

 

Furthermore, Jardim had the heart ripped out of his Monaco side and he hasn't complained, just created a new side, which came second last season, which is no disgrace considering you're competing against PSG. By all accounts Jardim is also more inclined to play youth.

 

He also made Bakayoko look a player supposedly so he's a miracle worker.

 

Lastly, I'd like to ask why Napoli are letting Sarri go without a fight. He's under contract is he not? Forgive me if I don't know the details. The Napoli owner is a notoriously hard guy to do business with so I can't believe he'd make things easy for us if he wasn't happy to see him go.

 

Edit: I've just had a look at Jardim's wiki page and it's mighty impressive. He's worked wonders wherever he's been. He also took Monaco to the CL semis.

 

Double edit: I've just looked at Sarri's wiki page. Last two seasons Napoli have led Serie A at the halfway point. Both times they tailed off. As I said in an earlier post, winning is a lot harder than playing pretty football. My fear would be can he hold his nerve. There is absolutely no evidence he can.

 

Triple edit: When I think of Simeone's achievements at Atletico and Klopp's at Dortmund, Jardim bears comparison whereas Sarri doesn't. All those guys got the underdogs to win. That's what makes them special managers.

I'd be very happy with Jardim, he would be a great appointment. 

At this point there it is impossible to tell whether we approached him or not, maybe he turned us down, maybe he is still a possibility. 

Everyone is talking about sarri because it appears he is the most likely candidate, even if he isn't the best on paper.

Personally i would like to see us play a high pressing and possession based game for a change, having had 5 seasons of mourinho and conte.

I think sarri is a good option to implement a different style, judging by the work he has done at napoli. 

He may be older than Jardim, but I don't see that as an issue, since it's unlikely any manager will be here long term anyway, and also Jardim has said he doesn't plan on managing into his 50's. 

Youth integration is something Jardim has done well, although Monaco' s policy has meant he has been given young squads with high potential, so his hand is forced to some degree aswell.

With regards to Sarri's lack of trophies, I can agree it is a concern, although you were hoping for Eddie Howe a few weeks ago and he hasn't got a full trophy cabinet either. Howe has done a remarkable job, and im sure you will agree a lack of silverware doesn't necessarily mean your not a good manager. 

Whoever comes in will no doubt have something to prove, I am hoping for a change in style, even it means a couple of trophyless seasons, because i think it will set us better in the long run. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Matt Law reporting that Napoli will give us Sarri for free if we give them David Luiz for a cut price fee.

Im still Conte in but I have given up hope but i am excited about Sarri only if we give him time. The board have to learn from their mistakes, we need to give Sarri time to build and implement his style of football.

Edited by Sheva

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Sheva said:

Matt Law reporting that Napoli will give us Sarri for free if we give them David Luiz for a cut price fee.

Im still Conte in but I have given up hope but i am excited about Sarri only if we give him time. The board have to learn from their mistakes, we need to give Sarri time to build and implement his style of football.

If they throw in Albiol they can have Luiz for free.

image.png.4bfd12ce44b597e9eb6528c27233934d.png

Edited by the special one

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Sheva said:

Matt Law reporting that Napoli will give us Sarri for free if we give them David Luiz for a cut price fee.

Im still Conte in but I have given up hope but i am excited about Sarri only if we give him time. The board have to learn from their mistakes, we need to give Sarri time to build and implement his style of football.

We bought him for £30m 2 years ago and he's still on the right side of 30 which is fine for a CB, he's worth more than the £7m release clause surely. Besides we need to give the new manager as many options as possible and I'd like Luiz to be one of them.

Oops just read the cut price part, still I'd rather pay the £7m than let Luiz go, unless Sarri can already communicate that Luiz isn't going to play if he stays.

Edited by sonic90

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m sure at this stage, it’s not about interviewing and selecting the right person. They will/should have done a while ago. 

Sounds as if things are now starting to move with Ancelloti pretty much being confirmed. Everything at the moment is pointing to Sarri. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If Conte is off, I'd want Jardim or nobody.

Sarri has proved nothing in football, its great his teams play decent, easy on the eye football but what has he won while doing it? Its a bit like Poch at Spurs, ya, get all the plaudits you like but failure to get over the line every year is nothing to celebrate. Not for a club like Chelsea.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Delnino said:

If Conte is off, I'd want Jardim or nobody.

Sarri has proved nothing in football, its great his teams play decent, easy on the eye football but what has he won while doing it? Its a bit like Poch at Spurs, ya, get all the plaudits you like but failure to get over the line every year is nothing to celebrate. Not for a club like Chelsea.

Jardim would be an interesting option and he has got Monaco playing very well last season. He is very defensive as well. Simeone like almost until last year where Monaco became more offensive then normal (I believe they had an insanely high scoring rate per chances). His teams also rely heavily on counter attacking and open games to play well. No small team will even try and open up against us so I can see him struggling a bit in the same way Conte has this season. He is very adaptable though so I would be curious to see what his answer is beside sh*t loads of crosses and he does play youth a lot. He would be an unknown quantity at Chelsea but worth a risk.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...