xXRuufioXx

Next Chelsea Manager

Who would be your choice as Chelsea manager going into next season?  

213 members have voted

1. 1. Here are the current favorites with Conte included. Jody Morris is in there as he is the current youth team manager, and promoting from within seems to have worked for Barca, so why not us?!

• Luis Enrique
    • Massimilliano Allegri
    • Carlo Ancelotti
    • Diego Simeoni
    • Thomas Tuchel
    • Maurizio Sarri
    • Jody Morris
    • Antonio Conte
    • Other

The greatest concerns are about the two centre back. They must be technically good to start and partecipate in the game and  very clever tactically. I don't know very well Christensen. Does he have these skills ?

Edited by Master&Commander

1 minute ago, Master&Commander said:

The greatest concerns are about the two centre back. They must be technically good to start and partecipate in the game and  very clever tactically. I don't know very well Christensen. Does he have this skills ?

Christensen is very technically gifted, he just made a few mistakes in his first season as you'd expect from a youngster. How clever he is tactically, I guess we'll have to wait and find out. I'm also hoping we bring Zouma back for pre-season, he was showing some wonderful ability before his injury and subsequent loan. He deserves a chance to show what he can do.

According to @Gazzetta_it, Eden Hazard awaits with open arms the arrival of Sarri and has been in regular contact with compatriot and friend Dries Mertens who has said the most extraordinary things about the Italian manager.

44 minutes ago, Kentonio said:

Christensen is very technically gifted, he just made a few mistakes in his first season as you'd expect from a youngster. How clever he is tactically, I guess we'll have to wait and find out. I'm also hoping we bring Zouma back for pre-season, he was showing some wonderful ability before his injury and subsequent loan. He deserves a chance to show what he can do.

If there's ever a match made in hell, it's Zouma and Sarri.

4 hours ago, chi blue said:

New managers quite often bring players with them when joining a new club, because they know what to expect from them, probably also because they will help bring the new ideas across easier, as for trusting the Chelsea squad? I wouldn't trust them!!

If Sarri doesn't trust them then maybe he's not the right person for the job.

1 hour ago, Kentonio said:

Here is a cool video on the work Sarri does with his defence.

14 hours ago, Spiller86 said:

Thanks for sharing this. Funny that you mention the subs and the managing groups of players. Same things people have been griping at Conte about all year.

Then we have the issue of certain members of our squad falling out with successive managers over our approach. Hardly the humble squad you suggest we require.

Makes me think we need a total squad rebuild to make this work. The one touch passing, positional play is missing in our midfield in particular. The player most capable of that is Fabregas and largely his lack of legs means he should really be a peripheral figure rather than at the centre. 

As for the players mentioned in the press over recent days. I'm not sure they are the ones we need, Hysaj has been with Sarri everywhere and he is a good player but he plays a similar position and role to Dave. We probably don't need him. If he is put in the team over Dave that will probably cause a bigger riot than when AVB started picking Meireles over Lampard.

Albiol is 31 and a right sided centre back, I do like Zielinski but he has hardly been at the centre of Napoli's approach.

Not sure of your view umb, but from what I've watched of Napoli over the past couple of seasons, what makes the team tick is the left side, Koulibaly, Ghoulam, Hamsik, Insigne plus Jorginho/Diawara conducting in the middle. If we were looking for players to follow Sarri they should be on the list rather than those linked. 

he's not gonna reply exactly the same game as we were used in naples, he's not that stupid :D He changes with what he has. His original tacts was 4231, as he was playing in empoli. when he came in naples he tried that formation for a couple of game and he switched to a 433 because was more balaced and solid. 

Left or right doesn't matter, we were building the game on the left cause insigne and ghoulam are better in playmaking and have more pushing attitude, while on the right side hisay is more defensive, giving the change to callejon to appear from nowere and collect the insigne pass from the other side. 

He mostly plays with a very high defensive line, with the two central defenders able to play the ball in case of pressing, spanish triangulations with the playmaker that in our case was jorginho, a man the always plays with one touch. 

Anyway it depends if he wonna continue with a 433 or get back to the 4231.

So pretty much every other club has their manager situation sorted. Chelsea on the other hand, who’s manager has been leaving/getting sack since the day he signed, haven’t done sod all of anything except rename their ladies team for no reason. 

Everyones off on their holidays at CFC. 

4 hours ago, Argo said:

If there's ever a match made in hell, it's Zouma and Sarri.

But i suspect your avatar and Sarri could be a dream marriage. That's if Sarri has the stones to try the youngsters. And why not. Great technical ability, speed, quick thinking. They just lack the experience and the physicality and they have to start somewhere to learn those attributes.

“Sky Italia now confirm Sarri has agreed a deal with Chelsea to replace Conte. Say his release clause ends Thursday. 

I’m told legalities of Conte’s compensation being tied up as well as negotiations for Sarri’s fee are what’s left.”

8 hours ago, umb said:

he's not gonna reply exactly the same game as we were used in naples, he's not that stupid :D He changes with what he has. His original tacts was 4231, as he was playing in empoli. when he came in naples he tried that formation for a couple of game and he switched to a 433 because was more balaced and solid. 

Left or right doesn't matter, we were building the game on the left cause insigne and ghoulam are better in playmaking and have more pushing attitude, while on the right side hisay is more defensive, giving the change to callejon to appear from nowere and collect the insigne pass from the other side. 

He mostly plays with a very high defensive line, with the two central defenders able to play the ball in case of pressing, spanish triangulations with the playmaker that in our case was jorginho, a man the always plays with one touch. 

Anyway it depends if he wonna continue with a 433 or get back to the 4231.

Thanks for that. All good points.

If Jorginho does go to City it will be interesting to see how he approaches the playmaker role. There aren't a lot of available defensive midfielders who are great on the ball and capable of shielding the defence by themselves. Perhaps a 4231 with Kante alongside is the answer.

From what I've been reading, this guy is a stubborn guy with a big personality ( just like Conte ). Are we sure this is going to work out? He seems like the sort of person who can easily clash with Roman and the other top people at the club. Anyways, hope whoever we appoint works as well as Conte's first season

1 hour ago, TheSage said:

From what I've been reading, this guy is a stubborn guy with a big personality ( just like Conte ). Are we sure this is going to work out? He seems like the sort of person who can easily clash with Roman and the other top people at the club. Anyways, hope whoever we appoint works as well as Conte's first season

It's going to work out, we can't be 100% sure of course but it will work out just fine.
I don't really think we should expect to win the league again out of nowhere but this is like a foundation for the future of the squad, modern attacking football and no more parking expensive buses all over the place, I would be happy if we got top 4 and/or Europa league title :Chelseaoldbadge: 

Question to the Napoli fan in here, do you think that Fabregas can play the same role that jorginho does for you guys?

If so, what do you guys think about this formation

Courtois

Azpi-Rudiger-Christensen-Emerson

Fabregas

Kante-Ruben Loftus Cheek

New RW( Would like to see CHO here)- New striker( Assuming Morata will leave)- Hazard