xXRuufioXx

Next Chelsea Manager

Who would be your choice as Chelsea manager going into next season?  

213 members have voted

1. 1. Here are the current favorites with Conte included. Jody Morris is in there as he is the current youth team manager, and promoting from within seems to have worked for Barca, so why not us?!

• Luis Enrique
    • Massimilliano Allegri
    • Carlo Ancelotti
    • Diego Simeoni
    • Thomas Tuchel
    • Maurizio Sarri
    • Jody Morris
    • Antonio Conte
    • Other

5 minutes ago, yorkleyblue said:

FFS - do you even read what you write?  "What on earth is going on"?  Then "how much of a mess this club is in"!  If you don't know what is going on, then how the hell do you know the club is in a mess?

Talk about whingeing without rational thought.

No. 

What on earth is going on with this situation since no way you sugar coat it it's been dragging out. So I was referring to the buy out clause and the whole ordeal since there is clearly no legitimate, consistent report on the progress. 

And the club is in a mess with no DoF and past transfer windows have proven there is a lack of planning and vision. This is what we do know. 

22 hours ago, Old Shaggy said:

Obviously sarcasm is lost on you, so in the future I'll try to be straight to the point so you understand me. On the issue of mediocrity, I feel like I could argue with a few of you until I'm blue in the face, and still you would tell me I'm wrong.

So my last word on the subject is this: Our club is one of the top 6 clubs in this country, and among the top 20 clubs in world football. The obvious aim of the club is to be one of, if not the best clubs in the world! And if I'm honest, the club have done a bloody good job over the past 15 or so years. The club may have made a fudge of things here or there, but on a whole we've managed to be the most successful club in the country over the past 15 years.

So if you want to cry every time we have a sh*t transfer window, or if the club doesn't feel the need to keep you informed of every stage of the process of hiring a new manager, then so be it. I'll just sit here and patiently wait for the season to start, and judge the clubs decisions once the season's finished!

I agree, but the reality is that if we don't compete with our rivals we get left behind. It's a shame that we're looking weaker than Liverpool these days when Liverpool looked like they were falling into mediocrity before Klopp. We, on the other hand, looked like we would always be at the top of the elite but something has changed in the past 3-4 years. We are selling a lot more than what we used to, and we aren't wrapping targets up early. As selfish fans can be I can't help but whinge when I see a crappy transfer window while our rivals are doing the right business. We haven't had a good transfer window since we signed Fabregas & Diego Costa.

We have a great academy and I'm still yet to see one player come through the ranks, we've sold players for average fees who've been bought and sold for ridiculous fees since (and become very good players). And it looks like we could be losing Hazard and Willian if Conte stays or even goes, that's not looking very good. I couldn't even imagine watching this team play without Hazard, we are rubbish without him usually and he hasn't had enough good players playing around him. 

19 hours ago, RIP Mourinho said:

We are above them in almost every regard yet finished below them. Explain to me how that isn't mediocre. Conte failed us.

You sound ridiculous here, it's not all about the manager and you don't know specifically what has happened yet you keep insisting that Conte is the main reason for all of our troubles. And on what exactly? Hardly anything, we don't know the ins and outs so we can only logically assume that there is a fair bit of blame to go around, especially judging by our history. 

10 minutes ago, Stim said:

Yes I also doubt we will sign a player by tomorrow

You know what I mean, I can't see us making any signings before or while the World Cup is on.

City hardly even need players and they're already wrapping up Jorginho. 

19 hours ago, Old Shaggy said:

The BIB encompasses everything wrong with modern fans. The sense of entitlement in some of the posts in this thread is diabolical. We have no divine right to finish above any of the clubs competing with us! Tottenham and Liverpool have both employed managers who have improved them massively from where they were. They both finished above us in the Champions League places and rightly deserved to be there. We on the other hand had a poor transfer window last season and for whatever reason managed a massive drop in form from Christmas onward. 

That's not hard to guess :wink:

He's not going to do that, but even if here were to try it would just end up being a legal matter between Sarri and Napoli that would take way to long to resolve for it to be a real option.

2 minutes ago, benjsross said:

Zidane might be about to resign according to twitter

Conte would be after that job. So might make him leaving a bit easier 

Sarri to real and we end up with Blanc. Cant see us pay Zidanes wages when we haggling over Sarris clause.

51 minutes ago, Slojo said:

on the other hand, looked like we would always be at the top of the elite but something has changed in the past 3-4 years.

Not getting at you directly, mate, just this bit of your post struck a chord with me.

When will our present day fans realise that football success is a cyclical thing, it comes around and it goes around.  There is no rhyme nor reason to it, clubs come to  the top, stay there for a while and then have a period where they are less successful because  one or more other clubs have hit just the right note with regard to  player purchases, or youth promotion, or just good old-fashioned luck.  We were sh*t, and the dippers and the mancs were in the supremacy,  then L'Arse, then us and the mancs, then Citeh. Before all that it was Nottingham Forest and Villa.  FFS, even the Spuds and Leeds  won the league in black and white telly days.

In Europe, it swings between Real, Bayern and Barca, but it was Milan and Juve, then Inter and Ajax were doing great, and then PSG came along.

Just because we have been at the top,  doesn't mean we will  always be at the top,  regardless of however much money is spent, what great (or used to be great) players we buy, which top manager we persuade to  be here for a season and a half.  And that is what I mean by deriding the expectations and entitlement of a lot of our fans. 

It will be what it will be.  We are not entitled to be top dogs forever, and that has nothing to do with Marina, or Conte, or Emenalo, or Kenyon, or anything other than that's just how it is, how it has always been and how it will always be.

Cyclical sh*t, my children, cyclical sh*t.

Edited by yorkleyblue

4 minutes ago, RIP Mourinho said:

So Zidane has quit. Real gonna snap Sarri up? Can't see any other elite managers available and i doubt they would want Conte's defensive football.

We're gonna f**k this up ain't we?

No offence but you remind me of Private Fraser on Dads Army.

" We're Doooomed!"

Hopefully that is good news. Looking at the options out there, there is only Sarri and Conte available because it too late. Sounds as if Zidiane wants a break. 

Conte to Real and Sarri to us with no compensation for Conte. 

26 minutes ago, benjsross said:

Zidane might be about to resign according to twitter

Conte would be after that job. So might make him leaving a bit easier 

Lol

1 minute ago, JM7 said:

Hopefully that is good news. Looking at the options out there, there is only Sarri and Conte available because it too late. Sounds as if Zidiane wants a break. 

Or Sarri to Real and Blanc to Chelsea :laugh2:

Just now, JM7 said:

Why the hell would Madrid sign Conte? It is laughable linking him with them. 

4 minutes ago, ducavis said:

Why the hell would Madrid sign Conte? It is laughable linking him with them. 

He's still a top coach, I feel like he would walk into most jobs if they are available. The only problem he would have there is getting them to believe in the way he plays.

Edited by Sheva

2 minutes ago, dkw said:

Klopp favourite to replace Zidane....Now that would be funny.

Not so funny when pool find agreement with ADL over Sarri :biggrin: