xXRuufioXx

Next Chelsea Manager

Who would be your choice as Chelsea manager going into next season?  

213 members have voted

1. 1. Here are the current favorites with Conte included. Jody Morris is in there as he is the current youth team manager, and promoting from within seems to have worked for Barca, so why not us?!

• Luis Enrique
    • Massimilliano Allegri
    • Carlo Ancelotti
    • Diego Simeoni
    • Thomas Tuchel
    • Maurizio Sarri
    • Jody Morris
    • Antonio Conte
    • Other

1 hour ago, Total-Football said:

He won the league with Bordoux. He also outperformed Ancelotti at PSG and got to the QF of the Euro's with France (Lost to eventual winners spain). He has a really high win percentage as well.

He won the league with Bordeaux before any of the investment and when Ligue 1 was worse than the Portuguese league; Bordeaux were already a title-chasing side. He took over the PSG side Ancelotti had built and won a few more Ligue 1 titles but making no further progress in the Champions League, and by QFs of the Euros you mean finishing second in a group containing England, Ukraine, Sweden then bombing straight out.

As for win % I'm pretty sure mine wouln't be too bad if I had managed Ligue 1 title-chasers all my life. Why do you think no side has touched him for 2 years?

Edited by Fatty_Speeding

4 minutes ago, Costa19 said:

Didn't he tell them talks were over two days ago? Journo's got f**k all to report, so this gives them some much crazed attention I guess. Be even worse if it wasn't a world cup year. 

Edited by enigma

Sarri looking less and less likely now, There seems to be too many reports about problems, for this to go through. 

Who knows what is going on though, maybe we were never getting rid of Conte in the 1st place. 

What I don't understand though, is we were linked with sarri before they even announced ancelotti, surely we wouldve been willing to pay the clause in the event napoli hadn't found a new manager? That is just standard practice. So are we not paying the money on principle? Or can we just genuinely not afford the cost of hiring sarri and sacking conte?

Blanc would be okay I guess, it wouldn't be a particular exciting appointment, but he does have pedigree. 

I know it's not going to happen, but it would be nice to hear from the club every now and then. We hire a manager, release a statement about how he was the outstanding candidate, then the manager seems to be the only voice we hear, until he is sacked, and we get another statement thanking said manager for his time here. 

41 minutes ago, big blue said:

Sarri looking less and less likely now, There seems to be too many reports about problems, for this to go through. 

Who knows what is going on though, maybe we were never getting rid of Conte in the 1st place. 

What I don't understand though, is we were linked with sarri before they even announced ancelotti, surely we wouldve been willing to pay the clause in the event napoli hadn't found a new manager? That is just standard practice. So are we not paying the money on principle? Or can we just genuinely not afford the cost of hiring sarri and sacking conte?

Blanc would be okay I guess, it wouldn't be a particular exciting appointment, but he does have pedigree. 

I know it's not going to happen, but it would be nice to hear from the club every now and then. We hire a manager, release a statement about how he was the outstanding candidate, then the manager seems to be the only voice we hear, until he is sacked, and we get another statement thanking said manager for his time here. 

If we aren’t getting rid of Conte, there should be more movement/rumors/chatter on the player transfer front.

28 minutes ago, mwblue10 said:

If we aren’t getting rid of Conte, there should be more movement/rumors/chatter on the player transfer front.

Why sign players for him if he is only here for 1 season?

blanc is a bang average manager, and (more worrying to me) the stories of racism are completely unacceptable for a potential manager of this club imo. 

what he said was casually and systemically racist, and it says more about the culture in france that he kept his job (a culture that has accepted into the mainstream a narrative of black and muslim national team players being trouble makers), rather than his views being in any way acceptable. 

of course, some value winning above any sort of morality (including us, as the last manager we hired was literally about to face trial for match-fixing) but blanc isn't the guy for that either (he's not in conte's league even remotely). 

In case you didn't know:

"You have the impression that they really train the same prototype of players: big, strong, powerful … What is there that is currently big, strong, powerful? The blacks. That's the way it is. It's a current fact. God knows that in the training centres and football schools there are loads of them... The Spanish, they say: 'We don't have a problem. We have no blacks'". 

6 minutes ago, Ready Player One said:

blanc is a bang average manager, and (more worrying to me) the stories of racism are completely unacceptable for a potential manager of this club imo. 

what he said was casually and systemically racist, and it says more about the culture in france that he kept his job (a culture that has accepted into the mainstream a narrative of black and muslim national team players being trouble makers), rather than his views being in any way acceptable. 

Isn't it a statistical fact, though? That isn't racism. :face_palm:

Edited by the special one

Could be a ploy to put pressure on Napoli as I’m pretty sure that Napoli won’t want to be paying 2 managers. They will want Sarri gone - it’s just a question of how much money they can make from it. 

43 minutes ago, RickUK said:

If Marina is on holiday that does go some way to explaining the apparent slow movement

Especially with Romans visa issues and the lack of a director of football.

Nobody seems to give a toss at Chelsea, so no doubt we'll have Conte still with us next season, and probably no new signings now Roman can't come back to work in the UK anymore!

Time for our youngsters to shine, and for Conte to earn his money.

We appear from the outside to be a rudderless ship. The manager who has delivered two trophies and still retains the support of many fans despite being a whiny bitch, continues to be in a job despite what the media will have us believe. The board for their part have been deafening by their silence in support of their beleaguered coach if even to congratulate him on our latest trophy. Meanwhile we are linked with a few coaches all who have no playing strategy in common,names plucked from a box with no overall identity to what will be our playing style. Our DoF resigned unexpectedly, a position seen as key to how we run the playing side of the club has as yet been filled. Duties designated to CEO who despite being an excellent businesswoman has no football background. Brian Clough left a blank page in his biography for what directors know about football. The time has come to either support our manager or sack him, we are a club in limbo at present. The directors need to start doing the job they are well paid for,promoting the best interests of the club both in private and public.

If you look back at our transfer history there's a definite trend where the more power the manager/head coach has over transfers, the generally worse decisions we've made in the transfer market*.

While it goes against my usual instinct of "back the manager and let him decide", at this point, the data shows that we are better off bringing in a head coach who is tactically flexible, gets along well with the players and is happy to work with what's available. Rather than push the club to spend hundreds of millions of pounds building a squad that suits his whims. Especially when it looks as if we never stick with a manager more than 3 seasons in a row.

The identity of that manager?...i don't know.

* most posters here won't agree with this, but if you actually go back and look at the data. It's clear after Emanelo was promoted to technical director till Mourinho joined (and Emanelo offered to resign), we did better in the market. And then under Mourinho and Conte we've been really poor in the market (Costa, De Bryne, Lukaku, Matic, Salah)

Edited by Qaz

If you look at the data you will see our best period, and let`s say when we have the strongest team is where we allow a manager to build it - Jose Mourinho in his first period with us.

It`s wrong someone else to bring the players. You have a manager, who need the player he believe will work on his formation, on his style and so on.

And then you see what happen when board/owner decide to mess in the work. This year is a shown example of that, also Sheva and Torres transfers.

Edited by brakeit