coco

Chelsea V WBA (PL) Mon 12th Feb 20:00 UK

1 minute ago, yorkleyblue said:

That's just exaggeration - Half-empty, FFS Bollocks

Says teh man sitting at home watching on a free stream and moaning

So?  Same as Magic Guardiola over their period in charge.  Don't be so f**king negative

Chelsea "fan" hopes the team loses!  Well, there's a first.  (It's not a first, this place has had a lot of w**kers in the past!)

WTF are you talking about? Conte has won 16 games in the Premiership alone but Guardiola has won 23 games. Thus giving Guardiola a far higher win percentage record.

1 minute ago, TheBluesBrother said:

WTF are you talking about? Conte has won 16 games in the Premiership alone but Guardiola has won 23 games. Thus giving Guardiola a far higher win percentage record.

Lifted straight from the Telegraph

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2018/02/11/antonio-conte-nobody-better-improving-players-disaster-getting/

Domn't blame me if the facts don't fit your agenda

1 minute ago, TheBluesBrother said:

Don't believe all the BS you read in the newspapers or hear on TV or you will be sorely disappointed.

The stat correctly relates to the 2 seasons both have managed in the premier league. Not just this season.

3 minutes ago, yorkleyblue said:

Lifted straight from the Telegraph

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2018/02/11/antonio-conte-nobody-better-improving-players-disaster-getting/

Domn't blame me if the facts don't fit your agenda

That's including last season. We live in the NOW and Guardiola's win percentage is better than Conte's this season.

1 minute ago, erskblue said:

Pleased with the result and two great goals from Hazard. Giroud had a very big part to play in the first goal. Christiansen showed tonight how much he has been missed in the last two defeats.

I think tonight has highlighted how important Christiansen is now.  After watching Luiz constantly follow Deeney out wide all night leaving a massive gap down the middle vs Watford.  He even made Dave look average.

Hard to get excited about beating a dire west brom side after getting smashed by the slightly less dire Bournemouth and Watford who both got trounced this weekend. 

Still got to start from somewhere. We shall see how commtted our players are in the up coming big games. 

No shame in losing to city or barca so long as we give it our all but United are pretty stale so I expected better there.

Thought the decision to bring on Cahill and not Ampadu, while sadly predictable, was pretty lamentable.

We were lucky to go in ahead at half-time. They missed a great chance and should have had a pen. We were very nervous first 15 minutes and they dominated. Once again we relied totally on Hazard.

Giroud played well. He's never going to be a top CF but he provides a focal point that Batshuayi never will. Regardless of how many goals Batshuayi scores in Germany, we don't play with any pattern when he plays, because he doesn't understand or is incapable of playing the role asked of him. It's simply not his game. Today we saw how much Hazard likes playing around a striker. It looks like Giroud will be a useful addition to our squad.

Christensen was indecisive and got bullied by Rondon when they should have equalised, exactly the same as up at Goodison, which he also got away with. A top prospect for sure but sometimes he's a bit soft for my liking. Azpilicueta was outstanding.

I hope Conte stops dicking around now and leaves the back three alone, at least for the big games. He's chopped and changed Cahill and Rudiger way too often. Hopefully he's learned his lesson. Rudiger's far from perfect but he's better than Cahill.

I can't believe Pedro gets a game but there you go. He must be doing something to please the manager. God knows what.

Anyway, we won, and that's because we have a brilliant manager, a manager that turns 6/10 players into 8/10 ones. We know this because he told us this himself. He hasn't got the players he wanted and that makes him even more brilliant and totally absolves him of any blame for our woes this season. We know this because he told us this himself. He's just not very good at persuading the board to buy him top players, poor lamb.

The sooner this whining bitch of a manager f**ks off the better in my opinion. Call me old fashioned but I prefer my managers to get on with the job instead of trying to score points against the board all season. No wonder our players look distracted.

He's trying to talk himself out of a job and come the start of next season he'll have proved successful. We rode our luck today and got a crucial win and for that I'm grateful, hopefully we can build on this for the rest of the season. One thing's for sure though, if it all goes pear-shaped it will have had nothing to do with him. We know this because he told us.

Was just at the game. Giroud looked good and looked dangerous at times. Think we finally have decent backup like how we had drogba and anelka in 09/10. Great way to pick ourselves up. Come on you blues

One thing is for sure, we look a better team with a proven, experienced centre forward who knows how to play the role. Quality, proven player is Oliver. 

Edited by Famous CFC

Decent performance tonight. 3-0 is a good result. We will always need 3 points no matter what. Next match up against Hull in the weekend then it's Barcelona right after that. Not a bad performance by Morata.

He should try scoring outside the box more often. Otherwise he should assist one of the wingers as they make a quick run into the box. Similar to what happened between Giroud & Hazard. C'mon you blues !!

Desperately needed a win, had some luck but we just about used up the bad luck quota of the month in the last 2 losses. Conte took the gamble to play Cesc in the midfield and paid off, we were much faster in transition and kept the ball a lot better. Hazard was in a different league again, we know Real will be sniffing around again, we need to do something big to keep him. I though Giroud was good, and all the sudden we got 2 big strikers in the team, a good sign for the tough games ahead.

Back from the game. The first half a bit suspect, I thought we were back to the same tricks as against Bournemouth and Watford, but what a great goal. But what a second half, I really enjoyed it and thought we were almost as good as last season. I did not understand the Cahill for Christensen substitution, although you could see the latter been bullied by the WBA players. I would have liked to have seen Ampadu for Fabregas once we were in control, and Emerson for Zappacosta. I liked the link up play of Giroud, and Morata did also quite well when he came on. And very happy for Conte. I hope he stays, at least til the end of the season if not beyond that.

2 hours ago, TheBluesBrother said:

Don't believe all the BS you read in the newspapers or hear on TV or you will be sorely disappointed.

It includes last year matches too na. Thats why Conte and Pep's win ratio is same

2 hours ago, Brutos said:

3-4-3 still got exposed even though we won but for some wayward finishing by West Brom could have been Watford and Bournemouth again, Barcelona will roll us over easily and I hope they do, because we can't play champions league and league together forget the champs focus on getting second and I really hope the board try get two to three match winner's to add to Hazard/willian and then we go again next season. Write this CL run off no Shame in that

What kinda fan are you ?
Dropping your weapons even before the fight started ?
Last time when we beat barca, we were sh*ttier than we're today. We had a weaker team and barcelona was stronger, yet we beat them. Form doesn't matter in CL. What matters is who play better on the given day.