Chelsea V Barcelona (CL) Tues 20th Feb 19:45 UK

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

9 minutes ago, Davey Baby said:

First few minutes of the match, Pedro played a square ball in front of our box straight to a Barca player. He got away with it, Christensen didn't.

That is why i said it's a tactics thing. Our lot have been doing it all season, i wish we wouldn't but Conte must be insisting on it.

21 minutes ago, Ernie_blue said:

Problem is with no target man its a hard situation to be, punt it up field and the fans moan with ball coming back. At least with a front man there is a chance of him drawing a foul, holding the ball etc.

Why? We drew today because of a mistake. Other than that we contained them.

Do you think Barcelona fans are happy today? I don't think so, they're relieved not happy, they expected to trounce us with how bad we've been but they only got 1 good chance all game and scored, we were far more threatening. 

I've just been reading other forums and all of our rivals said we were the best side. This is against Barcelona who are winning their league by quite a distance I believe, one of the best teams in the world. I'm really surprised with all the negativity on here. 

2 minutes ago, Davey Baby said:

Not blaming him Phillip, but De Gea for instance is standing up and waiting to see where Messi directs his shot. Messi isn't even that close to goal, I think he's just outside the box. Courtois dives the wrong way before the ball has even been struck, which is criminal in my opinion. I thought it was really poor goalkeeping.

Oh, little Davey, bless you.  If Messi had then played a ball across the goal to Spunkez or whoever was threatening the 6-yard line, Tibo would have looked like  bigger dick than you. Choices get made.  Sometimes they work, sometimes they don't

4 minutes ago, Davey Baby said:

Not blaming him Phillip, but De Gea for instance is standing up and waiting to see where Messi directs his shot. Messi isn't even that close to goal, I think he's just outside the box. Courtois dives the wrong way before the ball has even been struck, which is criminal in my opinion. I thought it was really poor goalkeeping.

The best keepers stay up until the last moment, you should only be down early if the attacker is in a body shape or from an angle that he can only really go one way, it was bad goalkeeping, he seemed to guess which is strange for a keeper of his calibre 

1 minute ago, yorkleyblue said:

You edited your post and you are STILL a w**ker

2 minutes ago, Phillip said:

f**k off, ChelseaFanBoy.

I'm simply expressing myself and pissed off at the schoolboy error Christensen did. If you wanna defend the person solely responsible for us conceding a goal then you lot are idiots plain and simple.

2 minutes ago, Slojo said:

Do you think Barcelona fans are happy today? I don't think so, they're relieved not happy, they expected to trounce us with how bad we've been but they only got 1 good chance all game and scored, we were far more threatening. 

I've just been reading other forums and all of our rivals said we were the best side. This is against Barcelona who are winning their league by quite a distance I believe, one of the best teams in the world. I'm really surprised with all the negativity on here. 

What was that response to do with a front man playing or not?

That's not a dig. That's a fact. It could just as easily have led to a goal, and Pedro is an experienced player. Going 1-0 down after 3 minutes would have been a lot worse to conceding an equaliser with 5 minutes to go. Everybody's focusing on Christensen's mistake, so it's only right and proper to point out he wasn't the only one tonight.

Fair comment really.

Just now, Slojo said:

It's madness. All across this forum before the game people were being negative saying they're not confident or don't think we'll get anything from the game, but we draw the game from a mistake of ours and could have scored more ourselves and yet people are moaning about the result. You couldn't make it up lol. 

23 minutes ago, Davey Baby said:

Courtois He was pathetic for their goal.

Moses Not too bad.

Alonso Not too bad.

Christensen What the f**k man.

Dave Impeccable.

Rudiger Good.

Kante Very good.

Fabregas Disciplined. His free-kicks drive me insane. Not in a good way.

Hazard Good.

Willian Incredible.

Pedro Runs around a lot.

We've just had a fantastic performance Davey, Christensen was solid as a rock. Surely people on here know Christensen isn't the best passer of the ball? A mistake from him was inevitable eventually, but he makes up for it with his defending, nothing got through while he was there. 

Also Alonso & Moses deserve more credit, sure Moses was sloppy sometimes but that's because he was involved in the attack, what's impressive is how he was also involved with the defense a lot, really did his job. Alonso again very good on that flank, never gave the ball away, good defensive performance and contributed to the attack. 

Courtois correctly moved to cover his neat post, it got pulled back so he stepped back towards the centre, all his weight is now on his left side, no keeper in the world could've shifted the weight and dived to the right at that point. 

Sometimes you just got to hold your hand and say it was a quality finish. 

Just now, enigma said:

It's madness. All across this forum before the game people were being negative saying they're not confident or don't think we'll get anything from the game, but we draw the game from a mistake of ours and could have scored more ourselves and yet people are moaning about the result. You couldn't make it up lol. 

I predicted 3-0 Barcelona, because I really thought we were still in a dry patch, the West Brom game didn't convince me at all. But today the players really played for the club and the manager, I'm a happy man, that Messi goal can't get me down. 

Just now, ChelseaFanBoy said:

I'm simply expressing myself and pissed off at the schoolboy error Christensen did. If you wanna defend the person solely responsible for us conceding a goal then you lot are idiots plain and simple.

Or you could look at the bigger picture that he gave his all for teh team he is 21 and look devastated after the mistake, we are all pissed it was a basic mistake no top level player should make, he deserves criticism in football terms but not as a human "danish piece of sh*t" I'm not sure what nationality of sh*t you are but it's not really relevant to football  

A lot of pessimism here.

I know some of you will disagree, but I am incredibly proud of the guys today. Everyone worked their socks off (bar Morata who seemed to be jogging around - but didn't really play much obviously).

Incredibly disappointing to see Andreas make that pass. Should Cesar of slid in? Probably not, but hindsight is key. My first instinct was hoping he would slide to get it too, so I can see why he done that. What confused me about that was why Fabregas didn't attempt to get the ball - but I haven't rewatched it, so may be off here.

Given our performances of late, coming out with 1-1 is a good result against Barca. While frustrating that their only goal came from a mistake - I think it bodes well for our guys in the next game. Obviously going to be super tough: but we outplayed them tonight, and if we give the same amount of effort next game, we have a shot at winning it! First goal will be the key!!!

In short: We stand a chance to go through - and I would of taken that before the game. And win or lose - I am happy to see a lot of effort from our players!

2 minutes ago, Ernie_blue said:

What was that response to do with a front man playing or not?

I was responding to the alternative, if anything the plan worked, I can't criticise Conte's decision because everything went to plan besides the cock up. 

2 minutes ago, ChelseaFanBoy said:

With a name like that i have been itching to ban you, nothing personal, you can get another account, pick a better name next time.

I saw their goal again, and it does appear to me that Big Blue's analysis is correct.  I just don't think Courtois would have saved it unless he would have divined that Messi was going to shoot for the near post and Courtois would have moved in that direction just prior to the shot. 

12 minutes ago, Davey Baby said:

That's not a dig. That's a fact. It could just as easily have led to a goal, and Pedro is an experienced player. Going 1-0 down after 3 minutes would have been a lot worse to conceding an equaliser with 5 minutes to go. Everybody's focusing on Christensen's mistake, so it's only right and proper to point out he wasn't the only one tonight.

I could be wrong but I don't think anyone is being overly critical with Andreas (except that one poster), apart from pointing out a costly mistake.

This place would have blown up if Bakayoko had played that pass !

Edited by Osgood is Good

3 minutes ago, ChelseaFanBoy said:

You are just some glory-hunting spunk-stain.  Go away, City are going to win the league this year - surely they are a better fit for your football needs?

4 minutes ago, ScrubsLaneCFC said:

The best keepers stay up until the last moment, you should only be down early if the attacker is in a body shape or from an angle that he can only really go one way, it was bad goalkeeping, he seemed to guess which is strange for a keeper of his calibre 

Totally agree mate.