Man Utd Vs Chelsea (PL) Sun Feb 25th 2018 14:05 UK

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

3 minutes ago, bluedave said:

We were definitely the better team overall, especially in the first half when we played some lovely football. Morata was desperately unlucky to hit the bar and then to have a perfectly good goal ruled offside. On another day that would have been two goals. I would have kept Hazard on personally but wasn't surprised to see him go off, it wasn't one of his better performances and Willian is untouchable at the moment. Christensen has had a bit of a wobble the last couple of games but he's still developing as a player so I won't hold it against him. He's still a safer solid centre back than Luiz or Cahill these days.

So a very disappointing result but nothing like as bad as many of the insane overreactions here would have you believe.

Again it's taking candy from a baby, just like the Barcelona game. 

For me I was so happy to get the candy to begin with that I wasn't upset when it got taken away, the Barcelona game shocked me and if we play like that we can definitely make top 4. The United game again we were unfortunate and it was by no means a repeat of the Old Trafford performance like last season, we could have won that game or at least got a draw. 

I think people are just pissed off to have that bit of hope and belief and having it taken away again. It is massively frustrating, especially when we dropped so many stupid points then we play like this against top sides and make it hard for ourselves. The mediocre teams we've lost against this season really does make you question what on earth has gone on. 

Boring boring Chelsea!

Made the decision a few months back to not watch any of our games against our top 4 rivals. So far I've definietly made the right call! Not one ounce of fight in this team. Boring negative manager. Looks like Conte went to the Mourinho school of football management, and graduated with a 2:2!

Looking forward to the world cup this year. Even England have more fight than this bunch of cowards!

The Barcelona game though we set up so incredibly defensively, 11 men behind the ball and hoping for luck on the counter attack.

Conte can set up a team to defend deep. But when we have to go forward and attack, we struggle. Just look at how shocking we were against Arsenal 4 times. Any other decent side would have scored plenty against them, we we struggled to break their reserve side down.

21 minutes ago, Slojo said:

Never offside and people defending the linesman must be doing lines themselves. 

You can literally see the only thing that's offside is his arm, which doesn't count, shameful to even make a call like that. We really need to start making more noise against these decisions, Jose did just that for us, Conte needs to do the same, we got absolutely robbed today. 

looking at the pict again, I can see Smalling doing what he does best :Troll_Face:

17 minutes ago, xXRuufioXx said:

Boring boring Chelsea!

Made the decision a few months back to not watch any of our games against our top 4 rivals. So far I've definietly made the right call! Not one ounce of fight in this team. Boring negative manager. Looks like Conte went to the Mourinho school of football management, and graduated with a 2:2!

Looking forward to the world cup this year. Even England have more fight than this bunch of cowards!

If you’re not watching them then how the hell do you make that judgement. First half was a good half for us and you couldn’t say anyone wasn’t trying.

Even Morata was trying but he’s completely off form. If there was a fault today then it was getting a man to lead the line who is off form.

Let me put a little perspective on this I am fed up of being angry 

Pep has just lifted his first trophy for Citeh a season and a half in, the carabo cup ! However you spell it, and granted they will win the league however Conte won the league in a season with half the resources. 

It’s a tough season compared to recent years, live with it and come back stronger next time 

krbffh 

1 minute ago, TheBluesBrother said:

Arsenal got battered. Imagine how they feel? We feel like crap but they must be in the depths of despair.

So what does it say about us, that we failed to beat them 4 times?

Disappointing to lose that as we were in control of the game until their equaliser. 

Don't know what happened after halftime as we looked tired and flat and let them back in.

Was looking to Conte to stop the drift as we had lost our way. Instead he bizarrely takes off Hazard for Pedro, we concede and then he resorts to a bunch of panic subs.

Conte didn’t do himself any favours today. We’ll be lucky to get top four now. 

Edited by Socrates

8 minutes ago, Petworth Chelsea Fan said:

If you’re not watching them then how the hell do you make that judgement. First half was a good half for us and you couldn’t say anyone wasn’t trying.

Even Morata was trying but he’s completely off form. If there was a fault today then it was getting a man to lead the line who is off form.

Because I've seen them play plenty of times this season to know how this game went, even without watching i! Don't give a fat one what you think mate, our football is atrocious in my opinion. And my opinion is the only one that matters to me.

Edited by xXRuufioXx

We were very good in the first half, we had to score more than one and actually win the game in the first half. Lukaku's goal definitely dropped our confidence. 

Morata's goal wasn't offside, I believe the game could've changed there, but it's over now, disappointing to lose but we have to keep working hard as much as we can to get ready for Barcelona game. Our game of the season.

This season is just lost in my opinion, all we need is to win a spot in top 4 and try to go as far as we can in the CL. 

COME ON CHELS!!

2 hours ago, big blue said:

We have to lower our expectations, we are about the same level we were at in the late 90's. Good but not quite good enough. 

To be honest, I'd take that late 90's team over this side, any day of the week, minus a few players.

16 minutes ago, IliyaKrostin said:

This season is just lost in my opinion, all we need is to win a spot in top 4 and try to go as far as we can in the CL. 

That is what this match should have really been about and now we are out of the top 4 and next up Man City away so likely to fall away.

50 minutes ago, andy said:

It’s a tough season compared to recent years, live with it and come back stronger next time 

I wish we could, but going by our recent transfer business and having to attract players, potentially with europa league football, coming back stronger is not going to be easy.

Edited by Floyd25

So some want Conte out. We will still have the same players with a new coach. Same transfer policy with the new man NOT having the final say. Managers will want to come but some will look and say I don’t need this experience on my CV. If a new coach comes in and wants a back four there are so many players that don’t suit that. Moses and Alonso Cahill and Luiz for starters in defence.

If we go 4 3 3 we could at least play a narrow 3 like we did with Mourinho first time round and play Hazard/ Willian crossing for Giroud on the floor or in the air. I hope the board think about it and try to get some stability.

4 minutes ago, Richard P said:

So some want Conte out. We will still have the same players with a new coach. Same transfer policy with the new man NOT having the final say. Managers will want to come but some will look and say I don’t need this experience on my CV. If a new coach comes in and wants a back four there are so many players that don’t suit that. Moses and Alonso Cahill and Luiz for starters in defence.

If we go 4 3 3 we could at least play a narrow 3 like we did with Mourinho first time round and play Hazard/ Willian crossing for Giroud on the floor or in the air. I hope the board think about it and try to get some stability.

Just keep Conte