Man Utd Vs Chelsea (PL) Sun Feb 25th 2018 14:05 UK

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

After this game I believe we have a week until city. He can give the players a couple days rest after utd, then back to work. At least alonso has some back up now, so we don't have to rely on him solely at lwb, which will be important vs valencia down that right hand side. This match is also, I believe, going to give conte and the lads extra motivation due to the sh*t Jose has been talking about conte. 

Play the same team used vs Barca but with Morata/Giroud in for Pedro and Zappa for Moses. We have 1 week of rest after this and City play midweek vs Arsenal next week. The scheduling is in our favour. 

Hopefully Sevilla run united ragged and Arsenal do the same next week, we will have superior fitness levels. 

9 hours ago, big blue said:

Win percentage with cahill starting this season is about 40%. Really hope he doesn't start Sunday. 

edit. Just to go a bit further. Cahill has started 17 games in the league this season, we've lost 6, drawn 4, won 7. 

I'm not saying the dropped points are specifically down to cahill, but in the other 10 games when cahill hasn't started, our record is 9 wins, 1 draw. 

ABSOLUTELY SHOCKING THAT WE ARE UNDEFEATED WITHOUT CAHILL.

Manchester United's performance won't count for anything come Sunday. United will put in a much better display in front of their own fans in a big game against a top four rival. Add in the Mourinho v Conte carry on, and we've got a top game in prospect. 2-2. I could see us bossing the game, and ahead late on in the game. With players like a Willian, Hazard and Kante, United could struggle to control things. 

Edited by Famous CFC

If Herrera is out our luck might just be turning, that's massive for us, one of their only midfielders who can actually control the game. They lost the midfield battle at Stamford Bridge and that killed the game from them, hopefully, we can do that again. 

7 minutes ago, Blueblur said:

United's lumbering defenders will be no match for Willian.

I think we will absolutely paste them. 3-0

Haha let's not get too carried away with one good performance. I expect a similiar game to the one at Stamford Bridge in November, except this time I expect united to be a bit more competitive and attacking. United will be up for this, I'd say it's their game if the season so far. Good thing for Chelsea is that for once thry might go into a big game with some real confidence and swag. I'm actually excited and confident for this one. Willian looks so full of confidence. and when he's like that he can be unplayable. Giroud could be a good fit for this one even though I think he'll want to go with Morata. No matter what, we go into this game full of confidence knowing we are in a good spot. There is no reason we can't win there. Goals guaranteed, unless Jose parks the bus, surely not. Haha. Genuinely excited. Commmmmmmeee onnnnnn yoooouuuuu Bllllluuuuesssss. 

2 hours ago, Slojo said:

If Herrera is out our luck might just be turning, that's massive for us, one of their only midfielders who can actually control the game. They lost the midfield battle at Stamford Bridge and that killed the game from them, hopefully, we can do that again. 

Don't worry we have Baka to even things up :laugh2: I doubt Mourinho will trust Pogba in a midfield 2, I don't know why he doesn't play him further forward anyway, Utd lack creativity and he is dangerous going forward. I guess he could play Carrick with Matic and Carrick is still dangerous at feeding the ball into the front men,

48 minutes ago, Famous CFC said:

Haha let's not get too carried away with one good performance. I expect a similiar game to the one at Stamford Bridge in November, except this time I expect united to be a bit more competitive and attacking. United will be up for this, I'd say it's their game if the season so far. Good thing for Chelsea is that for once thry might go into a big game with some real confidence and swag. I'm actually excited and confident for this one. Willian looks so full of confidence. and when he's like that he can be unplayable. Giroud could be a good fit for this one even though I think he'll want to go with Morata. No matter what, we go into this game full of confidence knowing we are in a good spot. There is no reason we can't win there. Goals guaranteed, unless Jose parks the bus, surely not. Haha. Genuinely excited. Commmmmmmeee onnnnnn yoooouuuuu Bllllluuuuesssss. 

Agree, imo Willian is more of a threat coming in off the left, where Hazard plays, it would be beneficial to Chelsea if Hazard and Willian interchanged a bit more. We saw it against Barca where Pedro, Willian where doing it.

Huge game on Sunday. We definitely cannot afford to lose. Spurs are at Palace so they’ll probably win that easily. 

A lot of people are very confident but it will be very tough to win. Jose doesn’t normally lose the big games and if he does, it will be close. 

Jose will have play more attacking football being at home so there will be opportunities. 

1-1. 

9 minutes ago, Ernie_blue said:

11 v 4 in the league to Hazard, that's the best comp and main difference between the players.

And yet it was Willian who turned up in the biggest game of the season and lets face it, was very unlucky in not getting a hat rick and completely overshadowing the likes of Messi, Hazard and Iniesta.

4 minutes ago, coco said:

And yet it was Willian who turned up in the biggest game of the season and lets face it, was very unlucky in not getting a hat rick and completely overshadowing the likes of Messi, Hazard and Iniesta.

True, but that's one game. I'm still not sure how one game changes everything, Boswinga had the game of his life at the Nou Camp and overshadowed Terry and Pique but that doesn't mean he was on the same level as Terry.

No way there can be any comparisons between Hazard or Willian.