coco

Leicester City V Chelsea (FA) Sun 18th Mar 16:30 UK

Anyone else fed up with the season? My interest towards football is in all time low.

We basically can't win anything, maybe this cup. Conte is about to leave, Haz haven't signed nor Tibo. It is all blue and not it a good way.

Hope we win!

2 minutes ago, evissy said:

Anyone else fed up with the season? My interest towards football is in all time low.

We basically can't win anything, maybe this cup. Conte is about to leave, Haz haven't signed nor Tibo. It is all blue and not it a good way.

Hope we win!

Look at it on the bright side: seasons like this one makes us appreciate the good seasons all the more. Terribly trite, but true nevertheless.

I want this year's FA Cup, all the more because I feel we gave it away last year. And I said it last year and repeat it now: I want Seven Times to have to change his forum name again :laugh2:

17 minutes ago, Old Shaggy said:

Win the FA Cup, then blood some youths for the rest of the season. At least let's get something positive out of this awful season.

Bollox to the top 4, champs lge totally overated, let's win this cup, looking out my window as the snow comes down and about to leave for Leicester soon, no crap performance please Chelsea!

On ‎14‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 22:44, axman2526 said:

To save our season this truly is a must win. 

Indeed, totally agree. A won with a good performance please today Chelsea. Lets win the FA Cup.

Hope everyone who is travelling to the game stays safe in this weather.

1 hour ago, evissy said:

Hope we win!

That's football. Last season we won the league, this season our chance of making CL qualification is on a knife edge. Crazy. Only in football that can happen. It shouldn't be happening though. 

1 hour ago, chi blue said:

Bollox to the top 4, champs lge totally overated, let's win this cup, looking out my window as the snow comes down and about to leave for Leicester soon, no crap performance please Chelsea!

That's  the thing with champions league. It is only the best that season in that competition, not genuinely the best. It's not necessarily the best team in your own league who wins it.

Missing out on CL is regarded as a terrible thing, but if you're not going to win it then it's just taking part.

This season for e.g the English clubs have been fortunate that the big clubs in Europe have regressed a bit.

I don't see English clubs doing anything for a while in Europe after this season tbh so missing it wouldn't bother me. The only benefit to getting CL qualification is chances of getting players is a bit easier.

No guarantee though. Some players will still want to come play in England though, in the EPL. 

Am about to leave soon to drive through the snow to Leicester. The FA cup's the only thing that can save the season, sod top 4 that's just about money & not what football should be about. So nervous but hopeful we can get through to Wembley, come on Chels!!

2 hours ago, enigma said:

That's  the thing with champions league. It is only the best that season in that competition, not genuinely the best. It's not necessarily the best team in your own league who wins it.

Missing out on CL is regarded as a terrible thing, but if you're not going to win it then it's just taking part.

This season for e.g the English clubs have been fortunate that the big clubs in Europe have regressed a bit.

I don't see English clubs doing anything for a while in Europe after this season tbh so missing it wouldn't bother me. The only benefit to getting CL qualification is chances of getting players is a bit easier.

No guarantee though. Some players will still want to come play in England though, in the EPL. 

And the money you get from being in the CL, which is quite a lot.

Can't get excited about this match I'm afraid. There have been way too many disappointments this season. Top 4 is finished and this is really our only chance of some kind of success. How the mighty have fallen. Conte will leave in the Summer and we need a massive clear out. Courtois, Pedro, Fabregas, Cahill, Bakayoko, Morata, Moses, Barklay all need to go.. We need a world class goalkeeper, another central defender who is very good, a strong midfield to add to Kante and a world class striker. Plus a wing back. This team isn't good enough and the results prove it. We need to start  afresh next season with a different and stronger team. As for today I'm not confident. Leicester could very well beat us. I hope it doesn't happen but who knows? COME ON YOU BLUES !!!

1 hour ago, Malcolm9 said:

Well we can't just write him off.

If starting then Antonio should tell him, get out there and perform, otherwise bye!

He’s looked like a passenger most games, so needs to step up and prove us wrong

Posted (edited)
37 minutes ago, TheBluesBrother said:

Can't get excited about this match I'm afraid. There have been way too many disappointments this season. Top 4 is finished and this is really our only chance of some kind of success. How the mighty have fallen. Conte will leave in the Summer and we need a massive clear out. Courtois, Pedro, Fabregas, Cahill, Bakayoko, Morata, Moses, Barklay all need to go.. We need a world class goalkeeper, another central defender who is very good, a strong midfield to add to Kante and a world class striker. Plus a wing back. This team isn't good enough and the results prove it. We need to start  afresh next season with a different and stronger team. As for today I'm not confident. Leicester could very well beat us. I hope it doesn't happen but who knows? COME ON YOU BLUES !!!

Barkley has barely played this season, he had a long term injury and another injury has kept him out, you can't expect us to get rid of him.

Bakayoko has been very average, but in some games he looks like the player we actually bought. I think he would work better in a midfield 3, rather than a 2 aswell. Himself and Morata need to get up to speed with the league.

Edited by Malcolm9

3 minutes ago, Malcolm9 said:

Barkley has barely played this season, he had a long term injury and another injury has kept him out, you can't expect us to get rid of him.

Bakayoko has been very average, but in some games he looks like the player we actually bought. I think he would work better in a midfield 3, rather than a 2 aswell. Himself and Morata need to get up to speed with the league.

Neither are of a standard that is good enough for Chelsea FC. Bakayoko is very poor and Barklay should never have been bought. Hr's not the calibre of Chelsea. That's why we need a big clear out in the Summer.

I'm looking forward to this. I have a lot of affection for the FA Cup, much more than any other cup competition, and feel that the pressure to do well is much less than in the League/CL, which makes it easier to enjoy.

I hope we start with a strong team, although I wouldn't complain if Hazard was rested to give CHO a start (my football app doesn't have him in the squad but I hope that's a mistake). I want to see Morata play a full match, either he plays well or he doesn't but at least then we have a better idea where we stand for the remaining league matches.

Bakayoko, if he regains his Monaco form, will be an asset to the team. Barkley has potential and needs a chance, let's not write them off after less than a season.

Morata, if he pulls his finger out, can be so much better and needs to realise falling down hopelessly does not work. 

11 minutes ago, Malcolm9 said:

Bakayoko, if he regains his Monaco form, will be an asset to the team. Barkley has potential and needs a chance, let's not write them off after less than a season.

Morata, if he pulls his finger out, can be so much better and needs to realise falling down hopelessly does not work. 

They are all IF's. I judge players by their past performances and both Bakayoko and Barklay are not good enough.

11 minutes ago, TheBluesBrother said:

They are all IF's. I judge players by their past performances and both Bakayoko and Barklay are not good enough.

Yeah, that worked so well with Lukaku, De Bruyne and Salah.