dansubrosa

First team squad outgoings?

Posted (edited)

it's hard to say because pedro and willian are both techically good players, so if we get in a manager next season like, say, sarri, for instance, then keeping the technically proficient players could be crucial. at napoli he has older players like hamsik, mertens and callejon. fabregas could even have a part to play too as back up if we bring in another techical centre mid. right now i think most of the money we make would probably be better off coming from loaned players as it would be interesting to see what the new coach does with the current crop of players, who have so far only played under mourinho and conte, both similar style of coach. a more offensive minded coach could make the current crop go up another level. 

Edited by enigma

1 hour ago, enigma said:

it's hard to say because pedro and willian are both techically good players, so if we get in a manager next season like, say, sarri, for instance, then keeping the technically proficient players could be crucial. at napoli he has older players like hamsik, mertens and callejon. fabregas could even have a part to play too as back up if we bring in another techical centre mid. right now i think most of the money we make would probably be better off coming from loaned players as it would be interesting to see what the new coach does with the current crop of players, who have so far only played under mourinho and conte, both similar style of coach. a more offensive minded coach could make the current crop go up another level. 

Pedro will be 31 in a few months, is badly out of form, will slowly get worse, is on over 100k a week and only has 1 year left on his contract. I don't see any real reason to keep him around in all honestly

Much rather sell him off while we can still get decent money for him and have Hudson-Odoi take his place

Posted (edited)

SELL...

Alonso 40m
Cahill 10m
Fabregas 15m
Pedro 15m
Drinkwater 20m
Batshuayi 50m
Bakayoko 30m
Van Ginkel 25m
Luiz 15m
(220m?)

BUY...

Koulibaly 55m
Dendoncker 25m
Seri 35m
Fekir 55m
Zaha 45m

(215m?)

Could be possible...

3-4-3

Courtois | Cabellaro
------------
Emerson / Baba
Rudiger / Christensen
Koulibaly / Dendoncker
Azpilicueta / Zouma
Moses / Zappacosta
------------
Kante | Dendoncker
Seri / Loftus-Cheek / Barkley
------------
Hazard / Zaha
Fekir / Willian
-----------
Giroud / Morata | Abraham

4-2-3-1 / 4-3-3
Courtois | Cabellaro
------------
Emerson / Baba
Christensen/ Rudiger
Koulibaly / Zouma
Azpilicueta / Zappacosta
------------
Kante | Dendoncker
Seri / Loftus-Cheek
------------
Hazard / Zaha
Fekir / Barkley
Willian / Moses
-----------

CFC 3-4-3.png

CFC 4-2-3-1.png

CFC 4-3-3.png

Edited by Bluefog

Every year that we don't win there's a thread talking about how half the squad are leaving and every year it ends up being 3-5 senior additions and sales.

The new manager is likely to want to have a look at what's around before making any big calls.

Outs 

Cahill,Pedro,bakayoko,drinkwater... basically every signing made this year.

Oh and hazard his inconsistencies at giving his all have been annoying me for a long time.

In

Bale(px eden), RLC, Teirney. Florenzi. Perisic, rafinha if inter dont take him. 

It's not just the fact people want to get rid of Hazard that is crazy, it's the fact people want Bale in exchange

Bale is almost 29, heavily reliant on pace, is an absolute crock and is on ridiculously high wages

Posted (edited)

Sell hazard and sign bale, absolutely amazing. I honestly don't know what to say to that. 

And someone else wants to sell alonso, what are you people sniffing. 

Edited by dkw

1 minute ago, dkw said:

Sell hazard and sell bale, absolutely amazing. I honestly don't know what to say to that. 

And someone else wants to sell alonso, what are you people sniffing. 

The same stuff they were sniffing back in the Scolari days when there was talk of a Drogba and Adriano swap deal

That thought still sends shivers down my spine

5 minutes ago, Sparkz said:

The same stuff they were sniffing back in the Scolari days when there was talk of a Drogba and Adriano swap deal

That thought still sends shivers down my spine

God I had forgotten about that, utter madness. I can remember it but can't remember who said it. 

Going with 4-3-3 and with the assumption that we will be getting europa.

Outs:

Pedro (10mil - 30 and just 1 year left on contract)

Cesc (10mil - wrong side of 30 and just 1 year left on contract)

Moses (15mil - HG so that increases his value. Like the player but well not the level of player we need)

Luiz (15mil - We got a good season out of him. Cant deal with his "which luiz turns up" routine. Cash out)

eduardo (free - why did we even buy him has been a mystery to me)

Ins:

Zouma (dont understand why people want him sold. He has been quite good this season. Just saw him against Pool today and he was a beast)

MVG (deserves his shot surely, plus with the absolute dearth of CM options in our squad, he can get a shot specially in europa)

RLC (should not even be a doubt)

Kenedy (has shown that he deserves his shot. Stopping trying to convert him into a LB for whatever reason, play him as a winger)

Squad:

GKs: Tibo (hopefully signs a new contract, otherwise we should try and cash out and buy Alisson? Butland?), Caballero, Blackman

CBs: Andreas, Rudi, GC, Zouma

RBs: Azpi, Zappa

LBs: Palmeiri, Alonso

CMs: Kante, MvG, Bakayoko, RLC, Ampadu, DD

LWs: Hazard, Kenedy

RWs: Willian, Barkley

STs: Giroud, Morata

If we spend, it should be for the CM spot. Would not mind a young squad for the europa league coupled with a strong first team which can do an encore of the last season.

Posted (edited)
20 hours ago, Bluefog said:

SELL...

Alonso 40m
Cahill 10m
Fabregas 15m
Pedro 15m
Drinkwater 20m
Batshuayi 50m
Bakayoko 30m
Van Ginkel 25m
Luiz 15m
(220m?)

BUY...

Koulibaly 55m
Dendoncker 25m
Seri 35m
Fekir 55m
Zaha 45m

(215m?)

Could be possible...

3-4-3

Courtois | Cabellaro
------------
Emerson / Baba
Rudiger / Christensen
Koulibaly / Dendoncker
Azpilicueta / Zouma
Moses / Zappacosta
------------
Kante | Dendoncker
Seri / Loftus-Cheek / Barkley
------------
Hazard / Zaha
Fekir / Willian
-----------

4-2-3-1 / 4-3-3
Courtois | Cabellaro
------------
Emerson / Baba
Christensen/ Rudiger
Koulibaly / Zouma
Azpilicueta / Zappacosta
------------
Kante | Dendoncker
Seri / Loftus-Cheek
------------
Hazard / Zaha
Fekir / Barkley
Willian / Moses
-----------
Giroud / Morata | Abraha

SELL...

Alonso 40m - He's been good, and with his goal scoring ability and free-kicks it's been a big help, but if someone comes in with a big offer, it might be better to take the money. He's just too slow and the difference a bit of pace makes in that wing back role is evident when he's not playing.

Cahill 10m - ageing, levels have dropped, will expect more games than to be a back-up next season. Best for both sides to part ways.

Fabregas 15m - Same as above

Pedro 15m - Same as above

Drinkwater 20m - Unhappy with lack of chances and it doesn't look like he adds much at all to the team.

Batshuayi 50m - Good finisher but not the right fit for the club. 

Bakayoko 30m - He's been very, very poor. I can't see anything he offers at all. If Monaco are crazy enough to want him back, let them have him.

Van Ginkel 25m - He could do a Tiago type job in there but it seems he would just be a mediocre player making up numbers, when players more suited could be bought in 

Luiz 15m - His trademark lapses seem to be something he'll take with him right the way to the end of his career. Can't afford to have those performances in defence. I wouldn't mind seeing him as an extra midfielder. In defence, he's too unpredictable and error-prone.
(220m?)

BUY...

Koulibaly 55m - Although it isn't a pressing  need, with Cahill & Luiz  gone it would be an excellent upgrade.

Dendoncker 25m - Although someone like Vidal or Nianggolan in the box-box mould would be more suitable, they are both around 30 years old and wouldn't be good value, while they'll also get in the way of Loftus-Cheek to get a chance. Dendoncker could be a good, strong, physically capable defensive anchor with good passing alongside Kante. Could also act as a back-up third centre half.

Seri 35m - A combo of Kante and Seri might be two small for the premier league, but with another bigger player in there with them? Seri looks like a player with excellent dribbling and especially passing from midfield. Someone who could possibly replace the creative output of Fabregas but add mobility and pace both on and off the ball. 

Fekir 55m - The type of player that should be able to provide real quality, whether it's goals, assists, retaining the ball under pressure,  dribbling last players, linking up with Hazard and Giroud/Morata.

Zaha 45m - a winger with pace, trickery and directness. Not the finished article but he causes a lot of problems for defenders when he's on his game... If he can keep progressing on his end product the way he has been, he would be an excellent player to have in the side.

(215m?)

Edited by Bluefog

I would be wanting to keep Cesc around. He's still one of the best passers in the world and could be a very important asset coming on from the bench. He's seems very settled here and has never relied on pace, he also brings with him a ridiculous amount of experience 

If he's happy being more of a rotation option then I'd happily keep him around for a few more years. Not many players are capable of his passing ability and in games where we are chasing or looking to gain more control he would be a fantastic option to bring on

Also I'd much rather us develop and integrate Hudson-Odoi into the team then spend stupid money on someone like Zaha. He's not as good as Willian and isn't close to Hazard. At 25 he isn't going to get much better

I'm all for signing a new attacking player but I'd much prefer someone younger with lots of potential like Bailey or Malcom

Hazard, Willian, Bailey/Malcom and Hudson-Odoi would be a great set of options for attacking mkidfield. You'd then have the likes of Barkley and RLC to battle it out for the CM/AM spot

2 hours ago, Sparkz said:

Also I'd much rather us develop and integrate Hudson-Odoi into the team then spend stupid money on someone like Zaha. He's not as good as Willian and isn't close to Hazard. At 25 he isn't going to get much better

I'm all for signing a new attacking player but I'd much prefer someone younger with lots of potential like Bailey or Malcom

Hazard, Willian, Bailey/Malcom and Hudson-Odoi would be a great set of options for attacking mkidfield. You'd then have the likes of Barkley and RLC to battle it out for the CM/AM spot

Not so sure, Willian is not consistent and Hazard is not a prolific striker, Zaha might become one though if we were to buy him I would not let any forward go except perhaps Pedro.

I've heard Bailey is good in spells and think both Barkley and RLC are injury prone so you would need other options to support Kante.

1 hour ago, Strider6003 said:

Not so sure, Willian is not consistent and Hazard is not a prolific striker, Zaha might become one though if we were to buy him I would not let any forward go except perhaps Pedro.

I've heard Bailey is good in spells and think both Barkley and RLC are injury prone so you would need other options to support Kante.

Bailey could be for us what Sane has been for City.  Won’t come cheap though.

3 minutes ago, mwblue10 said:

sBailey could be for us what Sane has been for City.  Won’t come cheap though.

I've seen the youtube clips and yes he looks good yet another blogger said work rate is actually not that high and some other purchases have looked good on youtube highlights yet less so when they arrive at SB.

31 minutes ago, Strider6003 said:

I've seen the youtube clips and yes he looks good yet another blogger said work rate is actually not that high and some other purchases have looked good on youtube highlights yet less so when they arrive at SB.

Agreed, although I think at 19/20 years old, we can buy top talent like him and develop the player into something more.

19 hours ago, lukecfc said:

Where are you getting those values from?

Estimates based on:

- Figures being mentioned in various reports

- Similar age and quality players signed recently by clubs.

Estimates, give or take... 

(I could go into all of them one by one but it'll take forever. Why? Which ones come across as particularly unrealistic to you?)

Ps. 

First it was Kakuta and Mceachran (Kakuta having a decent season btw in France for Amiens.)

Then it was Feruz, Piazon, Traore, Bamford, Solanke...

Then it was Chalobah, Ake...

Then it was Musonda and Boga and Loftus-Cheek...

Now it's Mount and Hudson Odoi.

I can't see how people actually see Hudson Odoi or Mount getting anywhere near the first team at this stage.

From all of those:

Chalobah, Ake - decent squad players but gone 

Loftus-Cheek, Traore - look like good quality players who could crack it at the top level.

Boga, Musonda - Need a lot of games & top level experience, fitness, maturity before being considered for the first team.