dansubrosa

First team squad outgoings?

32 minutes ago, Chelsbear said:

I honestly think some people are delusional.

At his current level you just won't replace Hazard because the only other players at that level won't come here and are out of our reach.

Some folk are in for a shock when he does eventually leave.

some of us have supported CFC for over 50 years and are not in for a shock at all ;) 

On the hazard conversation.

He defiantly has been one of our most consistent players this season. 

The ones saying he needs to go for big money because he's inconsistent are the people that expect him to be able to win a game by himself when the whole team are playing crap.

He's a great player who can make things happen and have that moment of brilliance to turn a game that isn't going your way. But he can't drag us out of loosing games every week. The level he'd of had to play at in feb-march would of been crazy.

If you put an attacking team around him and not a team just hitting on The counter giving him less chances to show you what he can do. You will see the best of him.

Saying that If he doesn't sign a new contract over the summer I would take 200m for him if it was invested correctly not on players with one good season like baka. Or meh players like Zappa and Emerson

49 minutes ago, Chelsbear said:

I honestly think some people are delusional.

At his current level you just won't replace Hazard because the only other players at that level won't come here and are out of our reach.

Some folk are in for a shock when he does eventually leave.

People must realise we aren't the Chelsea of 2004/05 throwing money around and buying who we want and out spending teams, we haven't got champs league anymore and there are teams out there that have more money than us, if Hazard for instance came on the market now with another club this season we as a club wouldn't even be in the equation when it came to signing him. We are just not at that level anymore. Our recent signings have proved that.

12 minutes ago, Unclezillion said:

Lamps was far more consistent, scored a lot more,  but lacked the flair  of Hazard. He contributed far more to the team than Hazard has ever done in my opinion. 

Yes, and Lamps is rightly regarded as an all-time club legend. But he was a one-off and is / was a totally different player to Hazard - you can't compare the two.

2 minutes ago, Nibs said:

Yes, and Lamps is rightly regarded as an all-time club legend. But he was a one-off and is / was a totally different player to Hazard - you can't compare the two.

who is comparing? it just shows there is more than one way  to build a winning football team :) and that the loss of Hazard or anyone else would not see us heading back to the second tier 

Edited by Unclezillion

47 minutes ago, Unclezillion said:

some of us have supported CFC for over 50 years and are not in for a shock at all ;) 

So you would happily sell a player we can't replace because he doesn't play like Messi every week?

Who would you bring in to make us better?

52 minutes ago, Unclezillion said:

Lamps was far more consistent, scored a lot more,  but lacked the flair  of Hazard. He contributed far more to the team than Hazard has ever done in my opinion. 

To be fair, Lampard, for most of his Chelsea career, also had better players around him. Not to take away anything from his legendary status, but I'm sure that helped his stats. Against current Chelsea side, you take Hazard out of the game and your chances of getting a good result increase dramatically. Lamps had the likes of Drogba, Ballack, Robben, J. Cole, Crespo, Essien, Eidur etc. around him, so the pressure wasn't just on him to make something happen, and he had more freedom. Doubt he'd be breaking midfield scoring records if he kept playing for West Ham.

As for Hazard, we simply cannot afford to lose him. It's virtually impossible to replace a player of such caliber, and given our recent struggles both on the pitch and transfer market, the club should do whatever it takes to convince him to stay.

Edited by abramovich

28 minutes ago, Unclezillion said:

who is comparing? it just shows there is more than one way  to build a winning football team :) and that the loss of Hazard or anyone else would not see us heading back to the second tier 

You said Lamps "contributed far more to the team than Hazard has ever done", so it kind of is comparing.

But that's going to be the case as Lamps was with us for 13 seasons. Through his goals, Lamps has probably contributed more to Chelsea than any player ever, but they are totally different and as good as he was, he couldn't dream of doing some of the things that Hazard is capable of with a ball at his feet.

Edited by Nibs

I often think Hazard plays for himself and not Chelsea :escapejar: 

9 minutes ago, Nibs said:

You said Lamps "contributed far more to the team than Hazard has ever done", so it kind of is comparing.

Through his goals, Lamps has probably contributed more to Chelsea than any player ever, but they are totally different and as good as he was, he couldn't dream of doing some of the things that Hazard is capable of with a ball at his feet.

you mean like that goal away at Barca? 

still love watching that one ::HeAdS:::

He scored some great and memorable goals - no Chelsea supporter needs reminding.

What he couldn't do was score a goal like Hazard did against Arsenal or Liverpool where he took on 4-5 players and stuck the ball in the back of the net (don't have time to post you-tube clips!)

5 hours ago, Unclezillion said:

so we have never won a game when Hazard does not play? He along with the other Belgian idiot need to be shown that they do not run Chelsea Football Club!

I never said we have never won a game that Hazard didn't play, i said we look toothless when Hazard's form drops, and it's true. Our form nosedived when Hazard lost form in January, and in 2015-16 season, when he was off form for the entire season, we ended up finishing 10th. Your problem shouldn't be with Hazard, but the players around him. Where are they when he isn't around to get us over the line? Instead of demanding more from Hazard, demand more from the likes of Fabregas, Willian, Pedro, Bakayoko, Morata, Moses, Alonso. All of these players have been between ok and terrible this season, they have contributed far less to the team than Hazard has.

Also, the bit i highlighted in bold is ridiculous.

4 hours ago, Unclezillion said:

The difference is that Lampard had a ton of world class players around him. If Lampard didn't score or play well, then you had a whole load of other players who would be there to step up for us. Even Lampard had dry patches throughout a season, it always used to take him a few months to get going, but when you have players like Drogba, Duff, Robben, Cole, Gudjohnsen, etc around you, you don't need to be in top form from the start of the season to the end of it.

If you was to replace Hazard with Lampard, nothing would change, we would still struggle because the rest of the squad aren't on the same level. Who does Hazard have around him that are on the same level as the players Lampard was playing with? Azpilicueta and Kante maybe, but they are defensive players. Willian, Pedro, Morata, Fabregas, Bakayoko, they aren't in the same league as Duff, Robben, Cole, Drogba and Essien, that is something i am 100% certain of.

3 hours ago, Unclezillion said:

i would still go for consistency!

Like i said, Hazard is one of our most consistent players.

If you think Hazard isn't consistent, then how do you feel about Willian, Pedro and Morata? Should we sell them too?

If it is Sarri coming in, I can see us playing with a front three similar to Napoli's. I don't think Giroud or Morata will be needed. Maybe we will bring in a different player entirely. I can definitely see us going for less of the archetypal PL players, i.e. big, tall, strong, lack of technical ability. 

Edited by enigma

14 hours ago, Scott Harris said:

I never said we have never won a game that Hazard didn't play..........If you think Hazard isn't consistent, then how do you feel about Willian, Pedro and Morata? Should we sell them too?

Hazard is not really a team player and does little or nothing defensively unlike the other two u mention but consistency  is needed all around before a flair player should be tolerated: we don't have that. for me we have three or 4 consistent players Rudi, Dave, Kante, and maybe Alonso. if backa and morata Step up it would be nice. but that leaves us needing a keeper that does not continually play our backs into trouble, a Christansen that can do a whole season and upgrade on the right ( will it be dave in a 433? which is Sarri's preferred system) that leaves us needing 3 more and i would hope that we could do that from the youths( perhaps I'm delusional?) but i would love to see us going for it rather than sitting back and hoping. 

Willian was superb when he played against us for Shaktar for me is a case of the Chris Sutton's... good player in the wrong team.

Morata is in his first season so is excused  as is Baka but  he ( baka) had better step it up bit time next season if he stays. Moratta is allegedly about to sign for Juve and is in Italy right now so watch this space

Hazard has been coached by Di Matteo, Benitez, Mourinho, Hiddink and Conte. Give a player like him this defensive approach of almost every single game, give him mediocre and below supplements like his, give him tons of expectations and demands to get you to the Promise land on his own, with no consistent and reliable support for more than 2 months, and no one, I repeat, no one, will deliver better than Hazard. 

This man doesn't want to leave. We must be complete idiots to force him to do this. Never complains , always smiles, he is not a troublemaker. Just give him something, for Christ's sake. 

+ You never sell players like Hazard if you don't have a replacement. And we don't. 

On ‎23‎/‎05‎/‎2018 at 11:50, Unclezillion said:

The sides that Lampard and Hazard are playing in are a universe apart.

i'd have a mass clearcut and start again, Cahill, Kenedy, Cesc, Barkley, Giroud, Pedro, raise funds and start the rebuild, Morata could go, if Hazard goes swap for Bale or Ascensio+cash   

..............................................................courtois..........................................

Dave...........................................Christensen.............................Rudiger

Moses?.....................................Kante................................Emerson

...........................................RLC...................................................

....................Bale..............Lewandowski...................Hazard?/

Use Young recalled loanies, if haz goes that Watford player Richarlison, Morata funds for lewa?, maybe keep gird as backup, but would like to see a more compact nippier striker...

Courtois (Pope)
Azpi (Ward/James) - Alderweireld (Zouma/Azpi) - Rudiger (Cahill/Zouma) - Emerson (Asamoah/Azpi)
                                              Weigl (Fabregas/Ampadu)
                                  Kante (Cook/Pasalic) - Isco (Hazard/Mount)
                   Willian (Pedro/Moses) - Morata (Giroud/Abraham) - Hazard (Kenedy)

In: Alderweireld, Weigl, Isco, Lewis Cook, Pope, Joel Ward (free), Asamoah (free), Mount, Zouma, Kenedy, Pasalic, Abraham
Out: Luiz (Napoli), Christensen (Atletico), Alonso (Barcelona), Bakayoko (Dortmund), Barkley (whoever wants him), Drinkwater (Bournemouth), Caballero (West Ham), Batshuayi (Dortmund), Loftus-Cheek (loan to Palace), Hudson-Odoi (loan to Villarreal), van Ginkel (PSV)

Edited by the special one

15 minutes ago, Ballack & Blu said:

i'd have a mass clearcut and start again, Cahill, Kenedy, Cesc, Barkley, Giroud, Pedro, raise funds and start the rebuild, Morata could go, if Hazard goes swap for Bale or Ascensio+cash   

..............................................................courtois..........................................

Dave...........................................Christensen.............................Rudiger

Moses?.....................................Kante................................Emerson

...........................................RLC...................................................

....................Bale..............Lewandowski...................Hazard?/

Use Young recalled loanies, if haz goes that Watford player Richarlison, Morata funds for lewa?, maybe keep gird as backup, but would like to see a more compact nippier striker...

Not sure there will be a mass clearout. Certainly not of players we bought in January like Giroud and Barkley.

I think we'll see some of the more valuable loan players sold, plus a couple of first teamers like Drinkwater who haven't had a lot of games. 

The rest will depend on the style Sarri wants to play. 

Thought i would bump this since we haven't managed to move anyone yet. 

Quick round up of the rumoured departures:

Courtois - Madrid 

Zappacosta - inter

Zouma - anywhere but chelsea since he hasn't gone in tour.

Cahill - United

bakayoko - Seville (please God yes)

fabregas - lazio

drinkwater - West ham

pedro- lazio

hazard - Madrid (please God no)

Willian - barca 

morata - Milan

Batshuayi - napoli 

Considering we have already spent £60m on Jorginho, and we are linked with spending another £110m on bringing in Rugani, Golovin, and Higuian, you would expect quite few of these players to go, so we can balance the books, and make space in the squad.

We also have the goalkeeper issue to sort out. 

4 hours ago, doctorblue said:

Happy for the following to go....Zouma, Drinkwater, Courtois, Kenedy, Cahill, Zappacosta...

Happy for Courtois to go despite his WC performance? Id only be happy to go for a incredible fee and if we make a damn good replacement.

Rest however I can agree with

6 hours ago, doctorblue said:

Happy for the following to go....Zouma, Drinkwater, Courtois, Kenedy, Cahill, Zappacosta...

My daughter is going to be heartbroken. I've been brainwashing her Chelsea by telling her Zouma plays for Chelsea. She's been asking me when he's coming back. Bad news... Such a shame. I feel like he was playing the best of the defenders at the time of his injury.

s-l300.jpg

Disappointing in my view. Zouma could have been anything and still might. His ability to distribute from the back is questionable but then again so was Koulibaly's before Sarri moved to Napoli. To see him not go on pre-season is frustrating.

I'm worried we're building a team of Arsenal style soft centre backs who are decent passers but can't handle the tough stuff. Kurt would have given us more robustness. If we sign Rugani and Cahill leaves, I fear for us.