Sign in to follow this  
IliyaKrostin

Mauro Icardi

19 minutes ago, RIP Mourinho said:

Can't wait for a year down the line a seeing all you lot in the match thread moaning when you see the ball pinging off his feet as he fails to control another ball into his feet.

Rather sign Max Kruse or Mandzukic tbh, I'm sure Icardi would score goals but I'm not convinced he's what we need to win titles.

Edited by the special one

2 hours ago, RIP Mourinho said:

Can't wait for a year down the line a seeing all you lot in the match thread moaning when you see the ball pinging off his feet as he fails to control another ball into his feet.

You're forgetting that Costa's technique/ball control wasn't great, either. 

2 hours ago, the special one said:

Rather sign Max Kruse or Mandzukic tbh, I'm sure Icardi would score goals but I'm not convinced he's what we need to win titles.

Both are over 30 so we won't, at least not for the long run. 

21 hours ago, RIP Mourinho said:

People would moan in the match day thread that he has a hair out of place in his eyebrows or his boots were the wrong colour.  The match day threads are no place for conscientious thinking or objective analysis. 

1 hour ago, Munkworth said:

People would moan in the match day thread that he has a hair out of place in his eyebrows or his boots were the wrong colour.  The match day threads are no place for conscientious thinking or objective analysis. 

If players can't be bothered to groom themselves properly, they obviously can't be bothered about the match. :wink:

Seriously though, I can remember the years when people moaned about how high JT had pulled up his socks. Some people need an outlet apparently :rolleyes:

Edited by Valerie

12 minutes ago, Valerie said:

If players can't be bothered to groom themselves properly, they obviously can't be bothered about the match. :wink:

Seriously though, I can remember the years when people moaned about how high JT had pulled up his socks. Some people need an outlet apparently :rolleyes:

It was a subliminal message to the other 10 players around him, he always pulled his socks up as high as humanly possible and he expected the same from them. 

2 hours ago, Valerie said:

3 hours ago, Munkworth said:

More conscientious objectors to a cyber reality show, with no understanding or fundamental grasp of Soccerball:wink:

On 12/01/2019 at 14:18, DaRick said:

You're forgetting that Costa's technique/ball control wasn't great, either. 

Both are over 30 so we won't, at least not for the long run. 

I'd like to see Icardi get close to doing what Costa could do. The setup for Hazard's goal against City a few years ago a prime example. Leagues apart.

On 12/01/2019 at 12:50, the special one said:

Hazard-Icardi-Pulisic/Hudson-Odoi
RLC-Jorgihno-Kante

-would win titles. Icardi is a perfect man to lead the attack he can do it all, finish, pass you name it he's doing it.

Just now, Gol15 said:

Hazard-Icardi-Pulisic/Hudson-Odoi
RLC-Jorgihno-Kante

-would win titles. Icardi is a perfect man to lead the attack he can do it all, finish, pass you name it he's doing it.

How many of those players would get in the Liverpool team? Hazard.

16 minutes ago, wallosh said:
On 14/01/2019 at 17:15, Gol15 said:
Hazard,Icardi,Kante,Jorginho. In that order.

Jorginho can't get in that Liverpool team.

Of course he can. I wish people would stop being so negative, he's in a different league with team mates still getting used to a new system, relax a little.

Of course he can. I wish people would stop being so negative, he's in a different league with team mates still getting used to a new system, relax a little.
Am not being negative. Every single player in that Liverpool midfield apart from Lallana is physical strong and have a better work rate than Jorginho.

I'm Italian and I live there, I said that Higuain would be a bad investment and I'll tell you the same for Icardi is a big bluff 

On 17/02/2019 at 13:47, Ispanico said:

I'm Italian and I live there, I said that Higuain would be a bad investment and I'll tell you the same for Icardi is a big bluff 

Worrying as their aren't many top strikers available anywhere.

Not sure where we'd go from here, apart from promoting a youth player and investing in them like Tammy