Burnley V Chelsea (PL) Thurs 19th Apr 19:45 UK

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

Good win. 

Thought it was going to be another one if those days again.

Hazard sensational when he came on.

The players that usually get a lot of flack were excellent tonight, Moses, Cahill, and pedro all played really well, and there were solid perfomances from Rudy, azpi, and giroud.

Bakayoko managed 30 minutes of looking like a footballer at the end aswell. Shame about the other 60!

I've defended morata a lot, but he has to score those chances, it isn't unrealistic to say he should be heading for 30 goals in his first season, if he took the easy chances that he has regularly missed this season. 

Motm either cahill or moses.

Edited by big blue

That was pretty comfortable in the end but it should have been more comfortable. A weird goal conceded, and Morata did well, as has often been the case, to get into a great goalscoring position but couldn't finish it off.

Spurs must be getting a bit nervous now. I'd absolutely love it if we f**ked them over for a CL place again.

3 minutes ago, Little Boy Blue said:

The much maligned Moses wins us the game. If I hadn't seen the match I would believe he played really badly. He didn't,  he was ok. IMO. Anyway what I wanted to say was that the vitriol aimed at OUR players on this forum is disgusting. Look up the word " support"  Not much to be found here!

Yeah I agree completely, we've just beat the form team in the league and all I'm seeing is people whining. 

3 minutes ago, Little Boy Blue said:

the vitriol aimed at OUR players on this forum is disgusting. Look up the word " support"  Not much to be found here!

Disgusting is an overstatement, I didn’t see much vitriol on this forum today, there’s a difference in criticism and abuse, criticism has been warranted this season at times, to say the least.

one thing I would add about hazard, it must frustrating for a striker like giroud who thrived on crosses, because hazard very rarely puts it in, which makes it difficult to make runs. 

I think hazard put more crosses in for diego, probably because he didn't want an angry diego costa in ear! 

It was great to see hazard taking players on again though. 

One of our best perfomances in my opinion. Had it all. Defensive solidity, midfield control, closing down, chasing the ball, linking up between the forwards. Happy with result, happier with the performance.

Hard to choose for MOTM, since there are so many to choose from. 

GC: was great. A couple of bad touches and hairy situations but other than that, really good performance.

Giroud: hold up play, link up play, putting his partner through. Closing down - Giroud did everything and most of it quite good. 

Moses: Dont know if it was the dropping that gave him the kick on his back side that he needed or maybe just the rest after playing non-stop for 8 months now. But that was the performance of moses of the last year. 

But for me, the MOTM would be Pedro. I think he was brilliant. THose runs, some of the touches, and for once ball control. Brilliant performance.

The worst performance was again Morata. If we had not won the game, there was just one person to blame. I can understand not adapting well to a more physical league. I can understand and deal with poor performances, but that amount of insane selfishness! f**k if I was giroud I would have punched him right in the face. Unbelievable from Morata. 

Btw, Emerson was quite good. Definitely heads and shoulders above the drivel alonso has been putting for some time now. Also Baka, I think he had a good game. Nothing flashy, just the basics. Covered the passing lines, had a couple of interceptions, kept rotating the ball. See, what happens when you atleast give Kante an able bodied person to play alongside him rather Cesc. We actually fricking had control in mid. When was the last time we had that. I honestly cant remember.

Now lets hope WBA can do us a massive favour tomorrow. If pool lose to WBA and we beat them, thats a 1-point gap (f**k that WHU game). We could have been right in it. Still have a chance. Come on Chelsea!!!

13 minutes ago, didierforever said:

One of our best perfomances in my opinion. Had it all. Defensive solidity, midfield control, closing down, chasing the ball, linking up between the forwards. Happy with result, happier with the performance.

Hard to choose for MOTM, since there are so many to choose from. 

GC: was great. A couple of bad touches and hairy situations but other than that, really good performance.

Giroud: hold up play, link up play, putting his partner through. Closing down - Giroud did everything and most of it quite good. 

Moses: Dont know if it was the dropping that gave him the kick on his back side that he needed or maybe just the rest after playing non-stop for 8 months now. But that was the performance of moses of the last year. 

But for me, the MOTM would be Pedro. I think he was brilliant. THose runs, some of the touches, and for once ball control. Brilliant performance.

The worst performance was again Morata. If we had not won the game, there was just one person to blame. I can understand not adapting well to a more physical league. I can understand and deal with poor performances, but that amount of insane selfishness! f**k if I was giroud I would have punched him right in the face. Unbelievable from Morata. 

Btw, Emerson was quite good. Definitely heads and shoulders above the drivel alonso has been putting for some time now. Also Baka, I think he had a good game. Nothing flashy, just the basics. Covered the passing lines, had a couple of interceptions, kept rotating the ball. See, what happens when you atleast give Kante an able bodied person to play alongside him rather Cesc. We actually fricking had control in mid. When was the last time we had that. I honestly cant remember.

Now lets hope WBA can do us a massive favour tomorrow. If pool lose to WBA and we beat them, thats a 1-point gap (f**k that WHU game). We could have been right in it. Still have a chance. Come on Chelsea!!!

I agree with you about Baka.  There may be hope for him.  Even took a really nice hard shot from about 23 yards out with his left foot, which got blocked, but maybe he has both a good shot with both feet (time will tell).  

Those that thought Baka played well, tell me what he done that made you think that?

I couldn’t even tell you where he was playing he was so far out of position so often.

He’s not good enough, nowhere near, could easily have cost us the game, excuse the language but he’s sh*t, been sh*t all season.

Good solid away win. Change in personnel improved the overall team performance imo. Moses best game in weeks. Shame about M’s miss but at least he got into that position, thought him and Giroud worked well as front 2. Think Gazza has to start next and take AC out if the firing line in another big game. The manager looks like he’s had a week in Ibiza on the disco bix, pressure kills!

Our last 5 games , won 3 , draw 1 , loss 1. Hope we are heading to a strong finish and can prevail on Sunday.

6 hours ago, big blue said:

Good win. 

Thought it was going to be another one if those days again.

Hazard sensational when he came on.

The players that usually get a lot of flack were excellent tonight, Moses, Cahill, and pedro all played really well, and there were solid perfomances from Rudy, azpi, and giroud.

Bakayoko managed 30 minutes of looking like a footballer at the end aswell. Shame about the other 60!

I've defended morata a lot, but he has to score those chances, it isn't unrealistic to say he should be heading for 30 goals in his first season, if he took the easy chances that he has regularly missed this season. 

Motm either cahill or moses.

Exactly how I feel. 

Ignore the media critics and look away from that miss from Morata, that was actually a pretty good performance. They couldn't handle the 2 strikers system, we bullied their defenders, got 2/3 of the possession, and they never threatened until that hopeful shot turned in by a freaky deflection ( what you get when you are out of lucks). We kept it simple, and the simplicity worked well, cut off those unnecessary side ways passing and ball rotations in our own zone. Yes, Morata missed a sitter, but he was pulling defenders out of positions and create doubts in their minds all game, much better performance than the last game with a partner to work with him. When you get 2 strikers bullying the defenders, they had to stay narrow, and all the sudden spaces opened up for our wingbacks, who did a pretty good job. Hell, even Baka had a decent game, didn't see that coming

A nice little surprise,because I didn't expect a win given the circumstances.

33 minutes ago, icecoolguy22 said:

Ignore the media critics and look away from that miss from Morata, that was actually a pretty good performance. They couldn't handle the 2 strikers system, we bullied their defenders, got 2/3 of the possession, and they never threatened until that hopeful shot turned in by a freaky deflection ( what you get when you are out of lucks). We kept it simple, and the simplicity worked well, cut off those unnecessary side ways passing and ball rotations in our own zone. Yes, Morata missed a sitter, but he was pulling defenders out of positions and create doubts in their minds all game, much better performance than the last game with a partner to work with him. When you get 2 strikers bullying the defenders, they had to stay narrow, and all the sudden spaces opened up for our wingbacks, who did a pretty good job. Hell, even Baka had a decent game, didn't see that coming

A nice little surprise,because I didn't expect a win given the circumstances.

Yep. It was an enjoyable game to watch as on the whole I think we played pretty well. Thought the two up front was refreshing to see and worked. Kante was absolutely brilliant and it was great to see Hazard play that cameo role where he totally bossed it when he came on. Thought Burnely looked exactly what they are - a workmanlike, average side who have been punching above their weight and we didn't allow them much at all.

7 hours ago, shedpensioner said:

Those that thought Baka played well, tell me what he done that made you think that?

I couldn’t even tell you where he was playing he was so far out of position so often.

He’s not good enough, nowhere near, could easily have cost us the game, excuse the language but he’s sh*t, been sh*t all season.

I was still moaning at him during the game although as the game went on, I moaned less. Don't think anyone could have thought he played well as such - he just wasn't as terrible as he has been, so I guess you could argue it's an improvement?!

Edited by Nibs