coco

FA Cup Final 2018 Chelsea V Man Utd Sat 19th May 17:15 UK

So far so good !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But I feel we'll concede .... We should be keeping the ball more, have more possession against an overrated manure ! But the fact that Kanté is the only player defending in the midfield, We can't just attack more than we'd like to without a second solid DM !!!!

Just now, King Didier said:

Bakayoko has promise. If he can get some confidence and game time under his belt, he can be the next Essien. 

Don’t know about all that but he has been decent today tbf. I think he really wants to outplay matic, he seems pretty motivated 

United had the ball more, but we were much more dangerous. Still not the football I'd like us to show, but with our current form I'd take it happily. 

Rudiger has been our player this half, brilliant defensively. Also, Hazard is having a great game, they can't stop him.

I believe if we will put Willian and counter them more, we will find more space, we will be faster and will score more. If we are going to park the bus, then United will probably steal a goal. 

We must stay focused, a lot of pressure around. Not the best half, but we are leading and that's the most important. Let's finish the game in the second half and grab the trophy! COME ON CHELS!!!

Giroud has had Jones, Smalling and sometimes both climbing all over him with nothing from the ref. 

Madness on an advert during the adverts...

Edited by Munkworth

2 minutes ago, King Didier said:

Bakayoko has promise. If he can get some confidence and game time under his belt, he can be the next Essien. 

Doesn't have the power that Essien had......or ball control, passing, reading of the game, screamer of a strike, and Essien didn't jog around the pitch. 

He's had a decent game up to now though.

Edited by Scott Harris

Not great so far yet we have the lead. Good build up to the penalty. Cesc's passing and freekicks not great. Defending a little too much for me.

Let's see what the 'small man' has up his sleeve for the 2nd half?

1 minute ago, TheChelsRVA said:

Don’t know about all that but he has been decent today tbf. I think he really wants to outplay matic, he seems pretty motivated 

The problem is though be hasn't really been great, his basically put in the equilevant of what Kante can do with his eyes shut.

1 minute ago, Munkworth said:

Giroud has had Jones, Smalling and sometimes both climbing all over him with nothing from the ref. 

Madness on an advert during the adverts...

Smalling has been getting away with it for years. He's never been punished for it. If it's the other way around though, and it's the striker pulling and pushing the defender, it's a foul. It must be infuriating being a target man at times.

1 minute ago, EdinburghBlue said:

Strongly disagree, he was inches from getting his foot on the ball. It certainly wasn’t cynical I don’t think, felt like he thought he could get the ball.

Jones done us a favour I reckon, I didn’t think Hazard would manage to get it in from the angle he was going down.

Hazard' left leg was guarding the ball, it was impossible for Jones to win the ball with his right foot, i think it's fair for challenges like that to be red carded, it may have been a genuine attempt, but it was undoubtedly impossible and with that also cynical.

Even first half tbh, we have looked solid defensively, and 1 brilliant touch and run from hazard is all that has separated us.

Yellow card was correct decision for the pen, since they got rid of that last man rule, it was a fair attempt at the ball. 

I think we really need a 2nd goal though.

a side note but......

my god Chelsea TV is disappointing with all these ads....

what little i've seen of the other fan channels, they are no where near as bad. This is an embarrassment to our club

1 minute ago, Ernie_blue said:

The problem is though be hasn't really been great, his basically put in the equilevant of what Kante can do with his eyes shut.

Yea I mean he’s been decent. Let’s agree and say he’s performing above what has been his normal standard! Comparing him to Kante is tough...Kante is the best in the world at what he does 

Can see Lukaku coming already in the second half, plus they have Martial. 

As we looked until now, I don't think we need any changes. We didn't look fantastic, but we did the job. We also have Willian and Morata on the bench, so we should be good enough with the substitutions. 

2 minutes ago, Qaz said:

a side note but......

what little i've seen of the other fan channels, they are no where near as bad. This is an embarrassment to our club

they have commentary so the ads have to be at half time: normal practice :wink:

5 minutes ago, Snedger said:

Ha ha. Classic. The only way he’ll emulate Essien is if he suffers two ACL tears.

And even then Essien after those two injuries was a better player.

How I miss some of the old guard! Especially Essien when we first signed him. 

5 minutes ago, Qaz said:

a side note but......

No half time update. Just 15 straight minutes of ads