coco

FA Cup Final 2018 Chelsea V Man Utd Sat 19th May 17:15 UK

We live in Dorset so it was an early start for us but thankfully we were told that there was something going on in Windsor and that seemed to keep the roads clear

I really don’t like driving into  Wembley so we always book a hotel a mile or so away and this time we stayed at South Ruislip. What a good descion that was.

Booked in to our hotel but a gulp as there were a dozen or so Utd fans sat watching that Windsor thing on the TV in the bar. Oh joy.

Didn’t hang around in the hotel for long but next door was a pub jammed full of Chelsea . Pre football as it should be , a couple of lagers , something and chips, a laugh , a few songs and getting your head around just how important the game was.

The railway station was just a spit away and was just a 9 minute journey time to Wembley.

When we got to the stadium I just sensed the difference to 12 months prior. The fans zone was special and the good old Chelsea Pensiors were there in numbers they were lapping up the beer , the attention they were receiving from all but the magical and amusing thing was seeing them dancing to the music. Gentlemen you are special

Took our seats, we were directly behind the corner flag to the right .The view was great but my god it was hot, very hot and to cap it all they use than flame  things just to warm things up a little more.

Much has already been said about the game but just like when we entered the fan zone something felt different yesterday and I have no idea why but, and I know it’s easy to say now, but I really didn’t see us losing.

Its abundantly clear that something is wrong with the players and the manager.When we won at WBA the celebrations were inclusive yesterday they weren’t. 

After the game the queues to catch the trains were buzzing the odd Man Utd supporter who were still around seemed dazed. Them losing wasn’t in the script and if you listen to Jose he hasn’t really acknowledged that they did lose. 

Got a free ride back on the train and back to the pub where I struggled to have few more , but did, before hitting the sack 

At breakfast in the hotel this morning no sign of replica Man U shirts, there were a couple of Blues but there were a few Americans talking about that Windsor thing, never did find out what was going on!

I am just about to watch a recording of the game hopefully I won’t see anything that surprises me,stupid I know as the result ain’t gonna change, 

I don’t know if I love football or hate football for in 90 minutes what was potentially goin* to be a poor one turned into a not too bad one.

How many days to the Community Shield?

Edited by terraloon

Well done to all the boys on our cup success, Went to the in laws this weekend in Manchester, yes Manchester watched the game in the city centre only two Chelsea in the whole of the packed pub, me and some young lad in a Chelsea shirt  so fair play to him. Didn’t give a f**k when Hazard scored, got lots of evil stares but f**k em. Survived that then had a good old drunken sing song the tram to the in laws gaff. 

On 17/05/2018 at 23:37, luckywerthers said:

a united player getting red carded against chelsea in the FA cup final  !! would be a miracle surely !!

Miracles don'#t happen :)

On 19/05/2018 at 19:18, Spiller86 said:

This is the first time we've beaten Jose in a big match.

Except for the 4-0, obviously

On 19/05/2018 at 20:50, doctorblue said:

And still Phil McNulty says in his BBC round up that Conte remains a hugely popular figure to Chelsea fans...idiot...thanks Conte and don't let the door hit your arse on the way out...

And still the actual match-going fans chant his name, loudly and long-time.  Who is teh actual idiot?

On 20/05/2018 at 11:09, lukecfc said:

It has to be intentional for a red card - they changed the rules 2 years ago.

It was intentional and nowhere near the ball, the wrong leg and from behind - but the ref bottled it. 

I would have turned off all football related media had United won the FA cup, we'd hear Jose's awesome tactics and see Pogba came up with another ridiculous haircut ( pretty sure he did get one anyway)  to celebrate, and Rio talking about his new found philosophy of winning at all cost, f* good football. In the parallel universe, had United got the first goal, Jose would have defended for the rest of the game, De Gea makes a couple of stunning saves and Jose will claim they totally deserved it

45 minutes ago, Bobbywoodhogan said:

A fair few of the United fans at work that I have spoken too have said that we deserved it and Jose is talking crap. Think they’re fed up of him.

I have one Man U supporting mate who never wanted him anyway mind.

I predict this time next season the marriage will break down, it'll be a nasty divorce, utd fans will be kept happy with Poch coming in, Jose will bugger off to America.

13 hours ago, Fansince65 said:

The general media have ALWAYS hated us since RA took over, but do we give a sh*te? ..... I for one doesn't!

Sorry for the bad grammar, that should have read "Don't". Too much fluid intake I suppose!!:bEERkEG:

Edited by Fansince65

3 hours ago, coco said:

I predict this time next season the marriage will break down, it'll be a nasty divorce, utd fans will be kept happy with Poch coming in, Jose will bugger off to America.

I’m still predicting a two year break down, call me crazy but I think he’ll win the league with United next season. It’ll be the year after when it all goes to sh*t.

Poch to United would definitely please their fans.

My view for the final wasn’t great! Row 1 lower tier behind our goal. Shame we didn’t attack it too much through the second half. It’s great being there and the atmosphere near me was great, although it will never beat the acoustics of the ‘Old’ Wembley. Interesting to hear throughout the game the singing of Antonio Antonio....... 

Being there felt we soaked up everything they tried to hit us with but being at ground level couldn’t even tell if a cross field ball was dangerous or how far players were in the other half. Until I saw it on the screen I thought Hazard would have been fouled just going into the area, not by the six yard box! The good thing was at the end when they came over with the cup and celebrated in front of us!

I thought the support from United was surprisingly poor.

I was row 7 of the upper tier behind the goal, and can honestly say the only time I heard them was the cheer when they thought they have scored. 

No word of a lie there wasn't a single song from there end loud enough to hear where I was. For a team with undeniably good away support, it was a very poor on the day. 

I am sad enough that I watched a full replay of the game on Chelsea TV and it only further reinforced what I though; Chelsea fans were by far the louder fans on the day.

Always critical of the atmosphere at Wembley, and still think it could have been better for a cup final, but it was good to know that not only did we win on the pitch, we definitely won in the stands for this one. 

7 minutes ago, Richard P said:

My view for the final wasn’t great! Row 1 lower tier behind our goal. Shame we didn’t attack it too much through the second half. It’s great being there and the atmosphere near me was great, although it will never beat the acoustics of the ‘Old’ Wembley. Interesting to hear throughout the game the singing of Antonio Antonio....... 

Being there felt we soaked up everything they tried to hit us with but being at ground level couldn’t even tell if a cross field ball was dangerous or how far players were in the other half. Until I saw it on the screen I thought Hazard would have been fouled just going into the area, not by the six yard box! The good thing was at the end when they came over with the cup and celebrated in front of us!

Seats can be luck of draw which isint fair, I got a £35 restricted view seat and was front of upper tier directly behind goal, the only restriction was a barrier next to me, excellent view, my lads were up in gate D in corner and stood all game and said atmosphere was best they'd known at Wembley up there. Bloody great day though, had a couple of pints in globe around 11:30, then went off to torch, we rolled in home at 11:15pm, my Mrs did question why we left home at 8am and got in at 11:15pm, just to watch 90 mins of football, I layed the blame totally on southern rail, but said she should be thankful I babysat the boys all day, her reply was their 24 and 21! I suppose that's what 10 pints in the sun watching Chelsea win the cup does to you.

8 minutes ago, chi blue said:

Seats can be luck of draw which isint fair, I got a £35 restricted view seat and was front of upper tier directly behind goal, the only restriction was a barrier next to me, excellent view, my lads were up in gate D in corner and stood all game and said atmosphere was best they'd known at Wembley up there. Bloody great day though, had a couple of pints in globe around 11:30, then went off to torch, we rolled in home at 11:15pm, my Mrs did question why we left home at 8am and got in at 11:15pm, just to watch 90 mins of football, I layed the blame totally on southern rail, but said she should be thankful I babysat the boys all day, her reply was their 24 and 21! I suppose that's what 10 pints in the sun watching Chelsea win the cup does to you.

Mate of mine was pissed with the club as he is an away season ticket holder, they were able to buy 24 hrs before everyone else. When his £145 ticket arrived he found he was in row 5 lower tier. I was row 1 £70! I’m sure they could have found better seats in that category. 

25 minutes ago, mclovin83 said:

I was about 1 block away from them in the upper tier and only heard them a couple of times. I heard them shout & cheer maybe but no songs and their club even arranged a singing section for them!

45 minutes ago, mclovin83 said:

I was row 7 of the upper tier behind the goal, and can honestly say the only time I heard them was the cheer when they thought they have scored. 

No word of a lie there wasn't a single song from there end loud enough to hear where I was. For a team with undeniably good away support, it was a very poor on the day. 

I am sad enough that I watched a full replay of the game on Chelsea TV and it only further reinforced what I though; Chelsea fans were by far the louder fans on the day.

Always critical of the atmosphere at Wembley, and still think it could have been better for a cup final, but it was good to know that not only did we win on the pitch, we definitely won in the stands for this one. 

16 minutes ago, boomerdog said:

I was about 1 block away from them in the upper tier and only heard them a couple of times. I heard them shout & cheer maybe but no songs and their club even arranged a singing section for them!

The dirty red mancs found a way to make an impression on the match with this bunch of Chelsea fans

22 minutes ago, boomerdog said:

By far the worst opposition support I have seen at Wembley when we've played and that's about 20 matches and includes Arsenal. Didn't hear one song, especially as over the last few years they've been one of the better supports to come to the bridge

22 minutes ago, robdog said:

The dirty red mancs found a way to make an impression on the match with this bunch of Chelsea fans

Are they Liverpool in disguise ?

You never see a short supply of them in the south east (I wonder why); I died when I came out of Wembley when we saw a bunch of them that literally lived round the corner in some posh apartments. :laugh2: "You only live round the corner."

Edited by boomerdog