Sign in to follow this  
TomCFC85

Higuain

1 hour ago, RMCM said:

We really should be aiming higher than a slightly-better-than-mediocre English striker from a mid table team

For 40 Million more we could activate Icardi's 90 million buyout clause. That's the equivalent of selling Moses, Zappa and Cesc

Wilson isn't a prolific GS. He always gets injured as well, no way should the club be paying 50m for a striker who hasn't scored over 9 league goals in the PL. He's had one good scoring season 

Icardi would be my choice and maybe a morata plus cash swap deal. 

Its annoying me also that sarri wants huiguian. 

Edited by strangebutblue

2 hours ago, MANoWAR said:

No worry we might be stuck with him if we don't get Higuain 

Can't wait for this to come to fruition.........:PopcornSmileys: .................................................:slap_face:  

I think it would be a poor decision to buy Higuain. We don't need a 30+ Argentinian with no experience in England.

I would much rather spend the money on Andy Carroll. He could form quite the partnership at the top with Giroud. Two tall front men who should be able to actually get on the end of a ball when played in. We need more direct play.

6 minutes ago, EngineerJoe said:

I think it would be a poor decision to buy Higuain. We don't need a 30+ Argentinian with no experience in England.

I would much rather spend the money on Andy Carroll. He could form quite the partnership at the top with Giroud. Two tall front men who should be able to actually get on the end of a ball when played in. We need more direct play.

Yeah we could also move Stamford Bridge to Stoke.

I don't want Higuain or Wilson, I don't think either of them will help us get into the Champions League.

Higuain is past it, one more big move for him won't do his career any favours right now. A player not looking as good as he once was trying to adjust to a new league never works out well.

Wilson isn't good enough full stop. He's okay at Bournemouth, but he's playing at the highest level his ability can take him.

1 minute ago, Scott Harris said:

I don't want Higuain or Wilson, I don't think either of them will help us get into the Champions League.

Higuain is past it, one more big move for him won't do his career any favours right now. A player not looking as good as he once was trying to adjust to a new league never works out well.

Wilson isn't good enough full stop. He's okay at Bournemouth, but he's playing at the highest level his ability can take him.

Wilson is injury prone so you would need another striker yet he can score a variety of goals and would be better than we currently have.

Out of Wilson and Higuaín I actually think that Higuaín may be better for this season.

7 minutes ago, Strider6003 said:

Wilson is injury prone so you would need another striker yet he can score a variety of goals and would be better than we currently have.

Out of Wilson and Higuaín I actually think that Higuaín may be better for this season.

I don't think Wilson would do anywhere near as well for us though. It's different playing against packed defenses, which is something he doesn't have to do at Bournemouth. I honestly don't think Higuain would be any better than Morata or Giroud either. He's declined and he's only going to decline more as time goes on. We need somebody that is going to make an immediate impact for us, I don't think either of these two are capable of it.

It smells like Falcao and Pato all over again. Really poor and smells of desperation.

I understand the desperation as we effectively have no-one qualified to play up front. I would spend upwards of £50m to get in a decent, long term replacement. Let's not f**k about again.

17 minutes ago, EngineerJoe said:

It smells like Falcao and Pato all over again. Really poor and smells of desperation.

I understand the desperation as we effectively have no-one qualified to play up front. I would spend upwards of £50m to get in a decent, long term replacement. Let's not f**k about again.

Forgot this two actually played for us. 

Edited by ducavis

4 minutes ago, ducavis said:

Forgot we actually had this two on our books. 

And Falcao has torn Ligue 1 apart in the 3 seasons since he left us.  46 goals in 69 games.  I still don't think he was close to fully fit with us.

Higuain, way past his peak and only going downhill......anything other than a loan and its another stamp for the board. Wilson, imagine paying 50M for him, a laughing stock we will become and rightly so. All beacuse the board lacked insight and longterm planning/vision.....they can see they f**ked up, so lets do shortterm or sign an average injury prone for immense amounts.

41 minutes ago, mwblue10 said:

And Falcao has torn Ligue 1 apart in the 3 seasons since he left us.  46 goals in 69 games.  I still don't think he was close to fully fit with us.

You could put him right now in EPL and he will be eaten like candy.

8 hours ago, MANoWAR said:

No worry we might be stuck with him if we don't get Higuain 

It's like a rewind from a year ago to last January when we were linked with every sh*te striker going from ashley barnes to andy caroll. A year later and now £50m Wilson, who has reported knee problems.

8 minutes ago, jack_super_class said:

It's like a rewind from a year ago to last January when we were linked with every sh*te striker going from ashley barnes to andy caroll. A year later and now £50m Wilson, who has reported knee problems.

They’re not even reported. He’s done his ACL twice! Imagine we splash £50mill on him and he does his knee straight away. I know injuries are luck of the drawer sometimes but it’s just risky

8 hours ago, Scott Harris said:

Agree but Eto did ok 

10 hours ago, mwblue10 said:

What do we do with strikers in Chelsea? Does Roman go to the new guy and say we want you to be the next Drogba. Strikers come here and crumble like cookie.