Sign in to follow this  
TomCFC85

Higuain

2 minutes ago, big blue said:

I'm just be relieved it's not Wilson.

If you believe Miguel Delaney, The Independent's chief football writer, he seems to think we're going to make a £50m bid for Wilson once we've wrapped up a loan move for Morata. 

Higuain and Wilson in the same window?  

2 minutes ago, ForeverCarefree said:

If you believe Miguel Delaney, The Independent's chief football writer, he seems to think we're going to make a £50m bid for Wilson once we've wrapped up a loan move for Morata. 

Higuain and Wilson in the same window?  

Hopefully he's full of sh*t!

Higuain is obviously abit of a knob but he has scored goals wherever he has played. We desperately need goals. I don’t want Wilson, especially not for £50m

10 goals in the last 11 games. Terrible record. 

I would hope it is a loan move with no obligation to buy but I can’t see Juve being that generous. 

Problem with “buying” Higuain is if he doesn’t fire us into CL, Sarri night get sacked. The next manager is now stuck with polishing a turd (see Morata), we will be spending the next season trying to get the best out of a 32yr old forward.

By all means Loan, and send him back to Juve at the end of the season.

1 hour ago, ForeverCarefree said:

Apparently Higauin's agent is in London... So brace yourselves. 

Confirmed by the somewhat reliable Simon Johnson of the Evening Standard that Higuain's brother and agent is in fact in London. 

Starting to look a very real possibility that we're signing him this month. 

3 minutes ago, Zeta said:

If it's just a loan until the end of the season, fine, as long as we don't panic and buy another sh*t striker and get stuck with them for years.

My guess, I reckon we'll sign him on an 18 month loan deal. 

If Hazard has to go back on the left, and Willian/Pedro on the right, with Higuain/Giroud up front, where does CHO get many minutes in that scenario ?

15 minutes ago, coco said:

If Hazard has to go back on the left, and Willian/Pedro on the right, with Higuain/Giroud up front, where does CHO get many minutes in that scenario ?

Plays ahead of Willian and Pedro. 

If we're serious about wanting to keep him Sarri's got to look to the future and pick him. He's already said he views him as an equal to Willian and Pedro, so he's got to put his money where his mouth is and pick him ahead of the other two. 

1 minute ago, ForeverCarefree said:

Plays ahead of Willian and Pedro. 

If we're serious about wanting to keep him Sarri's got to look to the future and pick him. He's already said he views him as an equal to Willian and Pedro, so he's got to put his money where his mouth is and pick him ahead of the other two. 

if we ask him to job share one position with two others he will be gone come May. If CHO gets most of the minutes over the other two fair enough, but can you that happening ?

4 minutes ago, coco said:

if we ask him to job share one position with two others he will be gone come May. If CHO gets most of the minutes over the other two fair enough, but can you that happening ?

I can't and that's why he'll probably leave. 

But if we really wanted to keep him, we'd make him first choice for the rest of the season. 

Willian is back up on the left wing for Hazard, Pedro back up on the right for CHO. 

29 minutes ago, ForeverCarefree said:

I can't and that's why he'll probably leave. 

But if we really wanted to keep him, we'd make him first choice for the rest of the season. 

Willian is back up on the left wing for Hazard, Pedro back up on the right for CHO. 

This is how i see it should be. 

Willian prefers the left anyway so can play understudy to Eden. 

56 minutes ago, ForeverCarefree said:

My guess, I reckon we'll sign him on an 18 month loan deal. 

I think it needs to be with a possible ban coming before the summer. 

I think there are a lot of positives about higuian, he has a real strikers instinct and can poach goals, he really comes alive in and around box, always ready to take a snap shot, he can shoot with both feet, and his touch and link up play is very good. These qualities usually don't start to seriously fade until a player is well into their 30's. He has never really relied on pace either, so I think he will score goals for us. 

The big question mark is how he will adapt to English football, Zlatan took to it like a duck to water, despite being 36, hopefully higuian can do the same. 

2 minutes ago, big blue said:

The big question mark is how he will adapt to English football, Zlatan took to it like a duck to water, despite being 36, hopefully higuian can do the same. 

Zlatan was made for the Premier League, he's always been a physical player so was never going to struggle with that. 

I can't see Higuain struggling too much because our approach play is quite slow so it's not like we're going to be knocking balls over the top for him to chase. 

End of the day we need goals. If it means taking a punt on a 31 year old Higuain so be it, it's who Sarri wanted so give him what he wants... If he doesn't work out then whoever it is that's pulling the purse strings now days can go throw £50m at Callum Wilson if that's what they want to do. 

“A source has confirmed to ESPN FC that Nicolas Higuain -- the Argentina forward's brother and agent -- has met with Chelsea boss Maurizio Sarri in London to discuss a transfer.”

"Marca came out with an article about his imminent move to Chelsea, but we have found NO evidence on this, confirming that Sarri would like the player but that today Chelsea has not made a decision on the investment" - DiMarzio

It's hard to say who knows what, but DiMarzio seems to be slightly more reliable when it comes to players in Serie A

Edited by mwblue10

I think we are trying to make this work which is a positive for Sarri. If we're banking on him being a win because he has played for Sarri before then I have my doubts. We're not playing Sarrismo at the moment.

This article captures some of our challenges for a striker for those who are stats minded.

https://statsbomb.com/2019/01/chelsea-and-the-challenge-of-sarriball/

Makes two very good points:

1. We have lots of the ball but are creating really low quality chances. Which makes it very hard for any striker.

2. Sarri's approach of attempting to provoke teams into pressing and then picking them off hasn't worked in England. Teams are disciplined and sit deep.

With this in mind it'll be hard for any striker even one who has done well under Sarri before. Our hope is that he can at least score some of the sitters that we have been missing up to now.

On 14/11/2018 at 11:21, robdog said:

remember he had some good matches w/ us - away to spuds & ATM come to mind

Both games we just sat and didn't want the ball. When we did have the ball in games teams immediately pressed him and stole it. 

Arguably our worst buy ever right there with Morata. Shocking to think that happened in the same summer.

29 minutes ago, dansubrosa said:

How do you embed tweets?

PC - Click the down arrow (just to the left of the "Relevant People" heading) > click embed tweet > copy and paste the link and submit reply

Twitter for iPhone - Tap the down arrow > tap embed tweet > copy and paste the link and submit reply (scroll to the top of the page if it isn't already, blue background and you're gravy)

Edited by the special one

1 minute ago, the special one said:

Click the down arrow (just to the left of the "Relevant People" heading) > click embed tweet > copy and paste the link and submit reply

Correct, just paste the link (change it to plain text if it asks) 

This forum embeds it for you.