Sign in to follow this  
TomCFC85

Higuain

31 minutes ago, the special one said:

PC - Click the down arrow (just to the left of the "Relevant People" heading) > click embed tweet > copy and paste the link and submit reply

Twitter for iPhone (Safari) - Tap the down arrow > tap embed tweet > copy and paste the link and submit reply (scroll to the top of the page if it isn't already, blue background and you're gravy)

OR

from the iPhone Twitter app - tap Share > Share tweet via... > Copy Link > paste it to the forum and submit reply

the share button looks like image.png.d7260fd6206233cda03dd93a36c0a08f.png

17 hours ago, coco said:

If Hazard has to go back on the left, and Willian/Pedro on the right, with Higuain/Giroud up front, where does CHO get many minutes in that scenario ?

send Willy to Barca keep pedro and CHO everybody wins 

Just one misfiring striker for the other, give it a few months people will hate him more than Morata. Given how we got ourself into this dilemma in the first place, either recall strikers on loan, or try to get what's left in the strikers and Hazard, adjust formation ( won't happen), just ride out the rest of the season some how, and do proper business during summer ( hope more than anything). This kind of short term 'fix' doesn't fix anything, just another name on payroll.

52 minutes ago, icecoolguy22 said:

Just one misfiring striker for the other, give it a few months people will hate him more than Morata. Given how we got ourself into this dilemma in the first place, either recall strikers on loan, or try to get what's left in the strikers and Hazard, adjust formation ( won't happen), just ride out the rest of the season some how, and do proper business during summer ( hope more than anything). This kind of short term 'fix' doesn't fix anything, just another name on payroll.

As long as it is a 6 month loan to buy option I'm fine. This isn't Serie A and goals are hard to come by. I'm honestly not sure how he'll do (assuming he signs of course.)

2 hours ago, evissy said:

Unless it is a loan move I don't like this. Elite striker but so is Falcao. 

Higuain is a top player and he already knows what Maurizio wants from him.

Any time of adaptation and a real qualitative leap.

8 hours ago, Master&Commander said:

Higuain is a top player and he already knows what Maurizio wants from him.

Any time of adaptation and a real qualitative leap.

WAS a top player, I'm not convinced he is anymore though. He's looked like a declining striker for over a year now. With the amount of time it takes to adapt to a new country and league, more time would have flown by and it will be too late.

I'm with @icecoolguy22 on this. I would rather just ride it out until the end of the season and actually target somebody for the long term.

20 hours ago, icecoolguy22 said:

Or try RLC at striker, he can clearly finish and he's very strong and tall. Getting Higuain that is a real rentboy is never going to improve our squad.

7 minutes ago, Scott Harris said:

WAS a top player, I'm not convinced he is anymore though. He's looked like a declining striker for over a year now. With the amount of time it takes to adapt to a new country and league, more time would have flown by and it will be too late.

I'm with @icecoolguy22 on this. I would rather just ride it out until the end of the season and actually target somebody for the long term.

I have similar concerns as you, but on the other hand what if we don't make CL. Personally, if Sarri wants him, let's get him if we can. I would rather we buy Sarri a striker than not at this stage, because I don't see it getting any easier without a striker for the rest of the season. We know Giroud and Morata are not the answer. We need CL in my opinion to at least have a chance of keeping Hazard.

18 minutes ago, the special one said:

!?!

I meant that he isn't really the personality that I would like, he went from Napoli to Juventus at the time when Napoli was so close to overcome them and now he's in Milan. On top of it he's older, and not even that good, he wouldn't make our squad better it's a gamble and a huge claim to say that with him we will surely be in the top 4.

OK, you could say then that it's an even bigger gamble to continue without any changes at all, but I don't see that Higuain is a good player and thus I wouldn't even consider him as an option, for example Conte wanted more players, particularly he wanted someone in addition to Morata that was proving to be not capable of leading the attack but he didn't like Michy. So he got Giroud and we still have him but he isn't really scoring much he is like an anchor so the same problem remains and Higuain is pretty much the same age as Giroud is.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, if the whole scouting system and board can't think of any other solution part from getting Higuain, we won't last long in top 4 in seasons to come regardless if we manage to do it this season. I think there is some Charley Brown from the youth system that can finish better than Morata already, why not try something like that, with potential?
It's a real shame that RLC got his chance and so did CHO in the same way that none of them deserved, both got too big as talents that the club simply couldn't ignore them anymore, that should have been done with a far better approach from the club where after their talent is recognized they wouldn't need any hype from the media or threats from leaving the club in order to get their spot in the squad.

23 minutes ago, Gol15 said:

I meant that he isn't really the personality that I would like, he went from Napoli to Juventus at the time when Napoli was so close to overcome them and now he's in Milan. On top of it he's older, and not even that good, he wouldn't make our squad better it's a gamble and a huge claim to say that with him we will surely be in the top 4.

OK, you could say then that it's an even bigger gamble to continue without any changes at all, but I don't see that Higuain is a good player and thus I wouldn't even consider him as an option, for example Conte wanted more players, particularly he wanted someone in addition to Morata that was proving to be not capable of leading the attack but he didn't like Michy. So he got Giroud and we still have him but he isn't really scoring much he is like an anchor so the same problem remains and Higuain is pretty much the same age as Giroud is.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, if the whole scouting system and board can't think of any other solution part from getting Higuain, we won't last long in top 4 in seasons to come regardless if we manage to do it this season. I think there is some Charley Brown from the youth system that can finish better than Morata already, why not try something like that, with potential?
It's a real shame that RLC got his chance and so did CHO in the same way that none of them deserved, both got too big as talents that the club simply couldn't ignore them anymore, that should have been done with a far better approach from the club where after their talent is recognized they wouldn't need any hype from the media or threats from leaving the club in order to get their spot in the squad.

Fair enough. Just an interesting choice of words. :laugh2:

I'd like to think Redan and Tammy will eventually get a chance but who knows, I won't get my hopes up.

Like you I'm not convinced by Higuain either but at this stage I'm not sure what else we can do.

Edited by the special one

I remember people were saying Higuain was washed up when he got a big money move to Juve, he proved them wrong.

Juve would have kept him if they didn't spunk a ton of money and wages on Ronaldo.

Don't think Juventus will give us a 6 months trial and buy, pretty sure it will be the whole package, which meant we will have him on the books for the next 2-3 seasons. I said ride it out because Hazard is the trusted option at moment, unless there's a much better option comes along ( which is NOT higuain), just  stick with Hazard and play the other 2 in cup games. We could miss out the top 4, with or without Huguain.

I think we’ll be surprised with Higuaín. IMO he’s going to do what Eto’o did for us, a top striker past his prime but still scoring, keeping us going until we find a top striker. I won’t be happy if we pay more than around 20m for him though, clearly he is a stop gap.

5 hours ago, icecoolguy22 said:

Don't think Juventus will give us a 6 months trial and buy, pretty sure it will be the whole package, which meant we will have him on the books for the next 2-3 seasons. I said ride it out because Hazard is the trusted option at moment, unless there's a much better option comes along ( which is NOT higuain), just  stick with Hazard and play the other 2 in cup games. We could miss out the top 4, with or without Huguain.

The False 9 formation isn't great, we need a striker who can score and actually make defences think. Hazard is wasted in that role as well.

A 4-2-3-1 formation would be much better, playing Hazard in the 10 role behind the striker, with the option of Willian/CHO to the left of him and Pedro/CHO on the right. We would have Jorginho and Kante playing as the two centre mids.

We wouldn't sign Higuain for 2-3 years due to our over 30 policy. 

Edited by Malcolm9

6 hours ago, evissy said:

Last time we brought in a seasoned attacking player that took over the Prem was probably Zola. Not convinced Higuain will do that. 

George Weah? (Gave us a short term lift when we were struggling for goals up front).

Eto’o? (He did okay, should never have been our first choice though)

1 hour ago, ForeverCarefree said:

George Weah? (Gave us a short term lift when we were struggling for goals up front).

Eto’o? (He did okay, should never have been our first choice though)

I don't remember what Weah accomplished but you are spot on with Eto'o. He was good. 

Anyway if we go for Higuain let it be a loan deal. 

I want us to look forward, get a striker yet to hit his peak, not sign yet another striker who's best years are behind him and the only reason he would be joining us is the massive £££££££

Really hope he doesn't come - would be yet more short-sightedness by the club