14 minutes ago, ForeverCarefree said:

I reckon we might sign him and keep Morata, might end up playing two up top, especially if Willian goes... who knows.

Could be that it’s Michy who ends up being the makeweight and Giroud stays as a backup. 

Can’t see us playing two on top, especially Higuain & Morata.

Juventus and Chelsea are in negotiations for Daniele Rugani and Gonzalo Higuain in a double deal worth €100m (SportItalia)

On Wednesday there will be new contacts between #Higuain ‘s agent and #Chelsea to finalize the deal. It’s ready a 3-years contract (€7,5M at year adds bonus). Blues will pay €60M to #Juventus. #transfers #CFC

8 hours ago, RIP Mourinho said:

Give Sarri what he wants if the price works and the club are happy to do it. Sarri can quite clearly get the best out of him as we saw at Napoli.

3 hours ago, Barrettinator said:

Also scored 36 league goals under Sarri in 15/16 if I'm not mistaken. I don't like the price but he's miles better than Morata. Might even open the door for a Callum Hudson-Odoi or Tammy Abraham because of his age.

The difference is that he was at his peak during that time. His peak years are behind him now, he won't be getting any better and we won't see him replicate his form from his time at Napoli.

Edited by Scott Harris
4 hours ago, JM7 said:

Juventus and Chelsea are in negotiations for Daniele Rugani and Gonzalo Higuain in a double deal worth €100m (SportItalia)

On Wednesday there will be new contacts between #Higuain ‘s agent and #Chelsea to finalize the deal. It’s ready a 3-years contract (€7,5M at year adds bonus). Blues will pay €60M to #Juventus. #transfers #CFC

We don't do more than 1 year contracts to players 30 years old or older. Has been that way for years. So that is bull. 

9 minutes ago, axman2526 said:

We don't do more than 1 year contracts to players 30 years old or older. Has been that way for years. So that is bull. 

Exactly, and so there is no way we are forking over 60m for this guy.  I just can’t wrap my mind around that.  If this happens, it basically signals that the club is taking an entire new transfer strategy.  What’s next, a 3 year contract extension for Cahill?

3 hours ago, Scott Harris said:

The difference is that he was at his peak during that time. His peak years are behind him now, he won't be getting any better and we won't see him replicate his form from his time at Napoli.

Well, he hasn't been with Sarri since that season so you don't know that. He actually performed a lot worse than he's currently performing in the 2 seasons before Sarri joined Napoli. Something like 17 and 18 goals in all comps.

If this was Higuain of 5 or so years ago then I'd be all over this.  We've proved in the past that going for these types of strikers (ones that are past it like Eto'o, Falcao, Pato and even Torres and Shechenko) doesn't work out so well for us.  They might pop up for an important goal here and there, but for the most part they didn't live up to expectations or were never long term prospects.

I honestly think we should give Morata another chance.  He does have some talent, and if Sarri can tap into that he could start banging in the goals on a regular basis.  He's still young enough that we can build our attack around him.  If Hazard stays and we can upgrade our right side it's only going to benefit Morata.  The only reason to get Higuain in would be to play back up to Morata and help him develop even more, but we already have a player like that in Giroud.  Our strike force (Morata, Giroud, Bats) isn't actually that bad.

10 hours ago, rtwelch said:

23 goals in 49 games last season. Not exactly worth 60m euros.

If we're just going off goal return we paid £60m for 15 goals in 48 last year.

5 hours ago, axman2526 said:

We gave 1.5 years to Giroud didn't we?

It's very much an outside chance. I think it'll largely come down to what Sarri sees in pre-season from Morata. I just don't think the misses will stop with time. The flopping about you can say is adjusting to the league, but the misses are deeply ingrained.

It's not out of the question that Michy might actually stay and Morata leave either.

Actually warming to the idea of higuian.

If he was here instead of morata last season, we wouldve finished top 4. 

Hopefully we don't get our pants pulled down too much with the price, we almost signed dzeko for £30m in January, so I think £40m is about right. 

I still can't see us offering him more than a 3 year contract though.

Since I will support you next year I try to give my opinion about him. Everyone, juventus fans first, have much uncertainty about Higuain,no discussion about his technic and his capacity to play as striker,he can play in any team,he has been incredible with us,maybe he's not the bravest player of the world when he misses some chances in the most important matches.He has some problems with his phisique,not about integrity but more about his form,I could clearly see it during the seasons in Napoli too. He's not fat,he's big,every year he was running less,it looks like he gets old faster than normal players. Last year he didn't make lot of goals  that's true but he played a good season,the reason of his score was the juventus playstyle, he played all the time far from penalty area to help the team to create occasions,as opposed to last year with us where all the team was playing to let him score. But he was clearly different last years compared to the years in napoli,much slower to react,to shoot,very few dribblings, few movements in depht.. He's still a good player but no one can say how long he will be, he's that kind of player which his phisique is older than is age (the opposite of Cristiano Ronaldo). And he is very bad in running and headers so  should be verified his attitude for premier legue,he was really bad tat pressing the opposite team with us too. It's very risky,he could be next top scorer of the league or a flop,I'm pretty sure next year he will still be good. I think you should buy Higuain if your intentions are to make all in,trying absolutely everything to win next year,what is clearly not your plan.That said because Juventus asks 60 mln for him (they still have to give us that so don't think they will low their claim),juventus wants absolutely sell him now for his age and form problems and because they got ronaldo,higuain wouldn't leave juve,at 35/40 millions could be a good operation. I don't know Batshuayi, but i think Morata can be good with Sarri, who just needs complete striker able to control and pass the ball and play with the team, he loves Higuain but my suggestion is to follow everything he says about the playstyle and the field,but  don't let him choose the players and make the transfermarkt

Edited by naples

It seems the wrong position to be focusing on imo. If the club have given up on Morata, that’s a hasty decision, he isn’t the only striker to have a lacklustre first season. Should we not be focusing on bringing a winger in and a full back? They seem to be positions that need filling more urgently.

Edited by Floyd25

We have two good strikers. Apparently Morata was carrying a back injury for much of the season and that would be consistent with a strong start and then a tail off in form. Batshuayi is a good strikers but he needs more than 10 mins at the end of a game to show it.

I don't see that this would help us at all.

Sarri needs to assess the team and get what he feels he needs, not have the board second guessing his needs.

4 hours ago, Floyd25 said:

It seems the wrong position to be focusing on imo. If the club have given up on Morata, that’s a hasty decision, he isn’t the only striker to have a lacklustre first season. Should we not be focusing on bringing a winger in and a full back? They seem to be positions that need filling more urgently.

What's wrong with our fullbacks?  Azpi will play RB and he's an absolute star.  Zapa will back up to him, which probably won't be that often.  On the left Alonso hasn't put a foot wrong since he joined us and Emerson is only 23.  Full back is the least of our worries at this point.