Barrettinator

Will Roman be forced to sell Chelsea?

*Link edited - Fk the DM*

He has taken hits financially in the past few years but this one's a little different. The UK might just force his hand in the midst of all of this.

What do you lot think about that possibility? We've always known his money isn't completely clean, we just didn't care (hard to find a billionaire whose money is all clean anyway).

If it comes to that, who would you want to see buy the club? Or at least what kind of owner?

4 minutes ago, dkw said:

What a pathetic article, summed up its basically he must do exactly the same as he's always done, and everyone else does to get a visa. The mail really are utter trash. 

I'm no fan of the mail but Roman has been in the UK for about a decade and half and has never had the issues with a visa he's having now. He's apparently being treated like a first time applicant. In light of the Russia poisoning, it's not surprising.

Its a load of bo**ocks, theres been no concrete evidence that Russia were involved (even though, they probably were) but what has that got to do with Roman or any other oligarch? He had nothing to do with it.

If the UK government suddenly get high and mighty about "dodgy" foreign investment they'll slide backwards into oblivion.

Given the money that Roman has pumped into Chelsea and that money has trickled down into the UK economy, it would be a serious own goal to stop Roman coming back to the UK.

Theres also no way that he'd be forced to sell up by anyone, he doesnt have to be in the country to run the club.

He could probably pass the club on to his kids, I think some of them were born here. Not sure if you need a visa to own the club or not, but I would imagine he has plans in place for just such an eventuality. He doesn't strike me as a Man who leaves a lot to chance.

Roman loves Chelsea, there is no way to force him to sell his own club this is not a banana country we live in a democracy, at least that's what they said.

This is all part of the eternal loop of     sh*t that comes with being a Chelsea fan, just chill and see what happens.