Sign in to follow this  
erskblue

Brazil 1982: the most gifted but ultimately flawed midfield in history

The 1982 Brazil team is, for my money's worth, one of the greatest and most beautiful football teams of all time. Up there with 1995 Ajax for me. The 1992 Sao Paulo team, also coached by Tele Santana, is a strong contender as well. Another team that probably doesn't get talked about a lot is the 1991 Red Star Belgrade team.

On ‎14‎/‎09‎/‎2019 at 19:00, PraetorianGuard said:

The 1982 Brazil team is, for my money's worth, one of the greatest and most beautiful football teams of all time. Up there with 1995 Ajax for me. The 1992 Sao Paulo team, also coached by Tele Santana, is a strong contender as well. Another team that probably doesn't get talked about a lot is the 1991 Red Star Belgrade team.

The Red Star Belgrade of 1990/91 were some team. They simply tore apart Glasgow Rangers in European Cup. 2nd Round 1st leg.

It was 3-0 honestly going on 7 in Belgrade . They were that good. .

On 15/09/2019 at 14:23, erskblue said:

The Red Star Belgrade of 1990/91 were some team. They simply tore apart Glasgow Rangers in European Cup. 2nd Round 1st leg.

It was 3-0 honestly going on 7 in Belgrade . They were that good. .

The talent on that team was remarkable, and is a testament to just how good the Yugoslavian talent pipeline was. Pancev, Savicevic, Prosinecki, Mihajolvic, Jugovic....and that was after they sold Stojkovic year before. One of the greatest what if stories in football is how many titles Yugoslavia would have won in the international scene if they didn't break up right in the middle of their golden generation.

11 hours ago, PraetorianGuard said:

The talent on that team was remarkable, and is a testament to just how good the Yugoslavian talent pipeline was. Pancev, Savicevic, Prosinecki, Mihajolvic, Jugovic....and that was after they sold Stojkovic year before. One of the greatest what if stories in football is how many titles Yugoslavia would have won in the international scene if they didn't break up right in the middle of their golden generation.

Totally agree.

Indeed they were an outstanding team and a great football   'What if ?'