Sign in to follow this  
erskblue

Chelsea v Derby County August 1983.

38 minutes ago, erskblue said:

No, it's not just you mate, I even hear music from 1983 and 84 and think oh I remember that it's from that season !:biggrin:

Yes quite right, I hear certain songs and bands of that time and it reminds me of that team, that could be another thread!

12 hours ago, chi blue said:

Yes quite right, I hear certain songs and bands of that time and it reminds me of that team, that could be another thread!

What about an album with various songs from say Aug 1983 until May 1984 and lets call it :'Now that's what I call That Season !':biggrin:

4 hours ago, fillerywhereru said:

I'll kick it off with KC and the Sunshine Band Give It Up. I clearly remember the words being changed to Chelsea's going up going up Chelsea's going up towards the end of the season

Go with that  to start with. Cheers.

Any more ?

9 hours ago, Richard P said:

I was more into dance music and hip hop. So I will go with Kashif, lover come turn me on. Herbie Hancock, Rockit.  The night clobbers will remember the first one!

Kashif, lover come turn me on, now that really is an old night club song, quality music. Another song which reminds me of all those 83 summer signings was the ultimate summer tune, club tropicana! By Wham, Remember my sister had George and Andrew on her bedroom wall while I had a picture of Chelsea's new signings in their training kit.

16 hours ago, fillerywhereru said:

I'll kick it off with KC and the Sunshine Band Give It Up. I clearly remember the words being changed to Chelsea's going up going up Chelsea's going up towards the end of the season

Remember being in the benches with the old man in 77- the song from the Shed was the promotion ditti...

Going up, going up, going up up up.

Thought it was glorious, glorious, glory us us us....

Just started clubbing in 83. More often than not you’d have to have a collar and tie to get in.

I’ll go Class Action Weekend or New Jersey Connection Love Don’t Come Easy.