Following Our Nearest & Dearest Rivals, 2018/2019

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

29 minutes ago, Remy10 said:

PSG are just a glorified marketing excercise.

Honestly Liverpool will play us soon enough, and I don't think we can be that confident facing them, PSG also changed their manager and did pretty ok.

I am so glad we got Papa Sarri over that overhyped Tuchel. I see nothing different in PSG's style from previous season. PSG are a bunch of individuals, always have been, always will be. Neymar or Mbappe will wanna f**k off to Madrid next summer. 

4 minutes ago, Gol15 said:

Honestly Liverpool will play us soon enough, and I don't think we can be that confident facing them, PSG also changed their manager and did pretty ok.

I give us a great shot against them after seeing that. Liverpool are being made out to be something they are not. Their dreams will be crushed again this season. I feel it in my loins. :wink: I would argue that only PSG are better up top. Our defenders and midfield are better. Hazard is their Mbappe, but better. Neymar is better than Pedro/Willian though, and Cavani is better than Morata. 

Edited by enigma

16 minutes ago, Gol15 said:

Believe me, there’s no overconfidence here! It was more a criticism of PSG, and how the hype surrounding them and their stars is levels above how they performed when they stepped up to the big stage. They got lucky they weren’t smashed by a few more goals. The fact they were even in it by the 90th minute tells me there’s weakness in that Liverpool side too. When we play them it’ll be an interesting test for both...

Edited by Remy10

1 hour ago, bluedave said:

I didn't see the match but have just read Phil McNulty's unbelievably hyperbolic match report on the BBC website. Surely Liverpool can't have been as awe-inspiring as he makes out?  

They'd claim spurs were robbed by inter in terms "of football style display" if you were to believe all of the bbc bs and non sense ! Dippers were lucky since PSG play with no midfield and can't defend for sh*t ...

Every team that will beat them (including us hopefully) will be treated worse than fcuking jimmy savile after he was found out to be a molester ... Needless to say that Chelsea winning vs pool will see either : A. a fine imposed on chelsea for some alleged misconduct initiated by dippers in the first place ; B. a restrospective ban on one of our players for some reason ; C. Media labelling us as the "heel/vilian" of football playing unfair tactics and all the bs surrounding such a line of reasoning ... Needless to say that all 3 can be cumulated of course :) !

Edited by Londonisblue

Courtois on the bench again for Real.

How strange to drop £30m on a goalkeeper and then not play him.

Early days I know but still can’t make much sense of it... seemed like it was intended to appease Real fans following the Ronaldo sale but turns out they’re quite sentimental about Navas as their keeper.

I think a new big name striker would have gone down better with their fans.

16 minutes ago, ForeverCarefree said:

Courtois on the bench again for Real.

How strange to drop £30m on a goalkeeper and then not play him.

Early days I know but still can’t make much sense of it... seemed like it was intended to appease Real fans following the Ronaldo sale but turns out they’re quite sentimental about Navas as their keeper.

I think a new big name striker would have gone down better with their fans.

I wonder if they just believed the hype around him and bought him for relatively cheap, but saw the reality in training and realized..."well, we did buy him for 30m (which is bargain bin for a RM galactico signing Im sure Courtois was supposed to represent) but is he really performing well enough to displace Navas who literally just won the award for best keeper in Europe last season?"

Because if his form with them is like what it was with us, I can see that answer being a pretty easy "no". Courtois certainly has more of a brand about his name, and while I don't follow Navas to tell how good he was, no way Courtois was ever  close to winning that award while with us.  RM might just be going with merit over brand for once lol.

What a poor decision to show a red card. Ronaldo hasn't done anything that deserves a red card.

Great night of football, I still can't decide which game to watch, but I'm pretty impressed with Lyon. A very talented team, they're dealing very good against City and them worth the score. 

Can't watch United, but they're winning 2-0 against a small club. Pogba with 2 goals already.