Following Our Nearest & Dearest Rivals, 2018/2019

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

4 hours ago, MANoWAR said:

They're not favoring the team over Chelsea. 

I agree with this, but there is one thing I have always said, I think it's easier to give a decision in favour of other teams than it is to us. It all comes down to media bias and influence. Get a decision wrong against Chelsea, and nobody but Chelsea fans are going to complain about it. Get a decision wrong against United or Liverpool and it's a totally different reaction, you will have the media, radio and football pundits talking about the mistake and putting pressure on the F.A and the refs. The fact is, teams like Liverpool, Arsenal and Man United have a lot of media influence, and I really do think it effects decision making by the refs and even the F.A at times. 

Just remember the Costa crimes stuff. The F.A tend to only get involved and ban players once the media have had their say. I remember the game against Burnley where Barnes could have seriously injured both Matic, Ivanovic and Zouma, the ref let him get away with it and the F.A and media did too.

44 minutes ago, Scott Harris said:

I agree with this, but there is one thing I have always said, I think it's easier to give a decision in favour of other teams than it is to us. It all comes down to media bias and influence. Get a decision wrong against Chelsea, and nobody but Chelsea fans are going to complain about it. Get a decision wrong against United or Liverpool and it's a totally different reaction, you will have the media, radio and football pundits talking about the mistake and putting pressure on the F.A and the refs. The fact is, teams like Liverpool, Arsenal and Man United have a lot of media influence, and I really do think it effects decision making by the refs and even the F.A at times. 

Just remember the Costa crimes stuff. The F.A tend to only get involved and ban players once the media have had their say. I remember the game against Burnley where Barnes could have seriously injured both Matic, Ivanovic and Zouma, the ref let him get away with it and the F.A and media did too.

What does that tell us about the refs and FA? That none of them have any integrity or want the best for the game. Needs sacking if its anything like that.

45 minutes ago, Munkworth said:

Was last season that bad that you forgot it happened?

Nope, we had our moments. You can't say the opener match against Burnley or Bournemouth were dull. We can lose against Wolves and then go on and beat City. And I'm dreading the trip to Brighton on Sunday... But always fun following the Chels!

39 minutes ago, Backbiter said:

Too close to call. Impossible for the assistant to be certain, so onside was the correct call.

Rubbish, there are harder offside calls than that which are usually called more often than not. 

The camera angle isn't doing it justice, but if you put it level you can see that Ali is half a yard offside. 

17 hours ago, Slojo said:

Rubbish, there are harder offside calls than that which are usually called more often than not. 

The camera angle isn't doing it justice, but if you put it level you can see that Ali is half a yard offside. 

Not so sure if the off-side is being judged against the black defender no.5 (I think) versus the White one No.6.  If the former it is very close.