ForeverCarefree

Following Our Nearest & Dearest Rivals, 2018/2019

Liverpool are getting very fortunate with decisions, I remember when we won the title under Mou and we got 2 penalties in the league the whole season, then Liverpool get 4 in a matter of two weeks. 

This was when Costa and Hazard were being fouled in the box constantly, almost every game we had a good penalty appeal and nothing came of it, Liverpool get one foul and that's it, penalty. 

5 minutes ago, Slojo said:

Liverpool are getting very fortunate with decisions, I remember when we won the title under Mou and we got 2 penalties in the league the whole season, then Liverpool get 4 in a matter of two weeks. 

This was when Costa and Hazard were being fouled in the box constantly, almost every game we had a good penalty appeal and nothing came of it, Liverpool get one foul and that's it, penalty. 

Just now, axman2526 said:

Does not matter if it is a foul or not a foul. It is always a pen given.

Liverpool FC, always receiving a helping hand. Could call them Harry Kane FC, same treatment.

Please do not say such drivel........its all in your imaginations......or some will claim, yes even Chels supporters.

Just now, coco said:

Just seen the Salah penalty, how many times have i seen players pulled like that and nothing.

I remember that play in Wembley in the fall vs spuds. The Mighty Eden was kicked from behind & nothing given. remember this?

GettyImages-1064779788-910x625.jpg

that was inside the penalty area - nothing given but we all know why

Interesting what Fabinho said recently regarding the difference between Prem and Ligue 1. I think this is one of the reasons Jorginho has been struggling to adapt a bit more this season, well, as well as the fact that there needs to be more movement from our front 3 which will hopefully be easier WHEN we get a competent striker. It's often forgot that these players have to adapt to the league, even Hazard said he was surprised by the pace of the league when he first came to England. 

On differences between Ligue 1 and the Premier League:

When you have the ball at your feet, you have less time to react. You always have one or two opponents on your back. In France, I was able to turn. Here, your reaction time has to be very quick. And the physical impact hurts. These guys resist in duels and jump high.

2 minutes ago, The Brit said:

I feel a bit ill but want sp*rs to win this. More worried about Utd and arse for fourth spot than them securing third spot

draw would be a decent result for us....or even a Spurs win....I could live with 4th at the end of the season...its just the embarrassment of Spurs being above us that hurts...still long way to go they could go in the tank.

Manchester United are doing really well here to be honest, should be up.

Bit baffled how Mourinho made them play so poorly; moreso, if OGS is able to instill a solid sense of play with attacking football so quickly, why is it taking a fair amount of time for our players to understand? Is our style really that distinct that the players are finding it so difficult?  Or is it that we just don't have the players to do so. 

Edited by MANoWAR

37 minutes ago, The Brit said:

I feel a bit ill but want sp*rs to win this. More worried about Utd and arse for fourth spot than them securing third spot

As it's still not possible for both teams to lose :mad: I'm going for the biggest Schadenfreude, and want Spurs to lose.

We have the pleasure in the US of having Graeme le Saux as a color commentator.   On this game, the play-by-plAy person, i forget his name (arlo white?), said that Poccetino pulled for Manu in their Cl final many years ago against Bayern, and said that gave them the treble.  Le Saux commented ‘yeah, whatever’.  Classic!