Now on a migrated server, any problems CLICK HERE

ForeverCarefree

Following Our Nearest & Dearest Rivals, 2018/2019

12 minutes ago, Jezq8 said:

Awful game. 

It’s interesting to note that Liverpool have not won a single game In the last 4 games in all competitions (2 draws and 2 defeats). Yet you don’t hear the media talk about it. 

Ohh yes they have......its all down to tiredness...or so the pool loving media claim. If that was us? A crisis is Brewing at SB.

Lyon's misery : from winning vs sh*tty in the UCL to losing 5 0 vs PSG with a quadruplé from Mbappé and brilliance from Neymar. And the worst are the stats for them : 14 shots for PSG, 5 on target, 5 goals and 47% possession. Lyon had 53% possession, 16 shots for them, 1 on target. Talent makes the difference sometimes ... 

I laughed when I saw Mahraz's penalty record just before he took the kick, throw the win away in the most bizarre way. Pep has gathered half dozens of inside forwards/wingers, but i don't think he knows who are his best. He rotated them just about every game, and came to those big games such as this or the CL knock up games, he's still picking them out from a hat. I didn't watch the pot game analysis, I'm sure it's the usual liverpool is playing like champion with a well deserved win, I mean draw.

I thought that was a decent game myself. A draw was in my opinion a fair result, and a goalless draw the best result possible from our perspective.

The lack of goals (especially compared to how insane their fixtures were last season - 18 goals in 4 matches) I think was a symptom of how much more solid both sides look this season; a combination of new acquisitions (particularly for Liverpool), and existing players having had an extra year to embed themselves into their respective managers' systems. City and Liverpool have now both conceded three goals each in eight games (they are actually on track to just about beat our 15 goals record from 2004/05) and look a far more balanced prospect than some of the ridiculousness we saw last season (again - particularly from Liverpool - some of their defending last year verged on the suicidal). I also wonder at what point Salah's continual wasting of chances (even if the rest of his game has been fine) will start to become a genuine cause for concern and not just a blip.

This match made me think that Sarri is right - these two are going to be the main challengers for the title and are currently the two best teams in the country. We are currently struggling to get through entire matches without making silly mistakes and conceding at least one or two very good chances (we were very lucky to keep a clean sheet today). We don't seem to have found that balance yet, we don't look quite as 'complete' as the other two, and we certainly don't have as much strength in depth. Sarri has done well to keep us joint top for the time being, but I do wonder how things will look a couple of months down the line, especially if we keep sticking to more or less the same XI in every game.

Still, a very good game to cap off an enjoyable afternoon of football.

3 hours ago, PloKoon13 said:

I thought that was a decent game myself. A draw was in my opinion a fair result, and a goalless draw the best result possible from our perspective.

The lack of goals (especially compared to how insane their fixtures were last season - 18 goals in 4 matches) I think was a symptom of how much more solid both sides look this season; a combination of new acquisitions (particularly for Liverpool), and existing players having had an extra year to embed themselves into their respective managers' systems. City and Liverpool have now both conceded three goals each in eight games (they are actually on track to just about beat our 15 goals record from 2004/05) and look a far more balanced prospect than some of the ridiculousness we saw last season (again - particularly from Liverpool - some of their defending last year verged on the suicidal). I also wonder at what point Salah's continual wasting of chances (even if the rest of his game has been fine) will start to become a genuine cause for concern and not just a blip.

This match made me think that Sarri is right - these two are going to be the main challengers for the title and are currently the two best teams in the country. We are currently struggling to get through entire matches without making silly mistakes and conceding at least one or two very good chances (we were very lucky to keep a clean sheet today). We don't seem to have found that balance yet, we don't look quite as 'complete' as the other two, and we certainly don't have as much strength in depth. Sarri has done well to keep us joint top for the time being, but I do wonder how things will look a couple of months down the line, especially if we keep sticking to more or less the same XI in every game.

Still, a very good game to cap off an enjoyable afternoon of football.

I believe that things will only get better for Chelsea imo. If Sarri has managed so far to put in place his system and enabled us to remain undefeated, albeit the recurring problems in defence and clinicaliness, I believe those problems will be solved in the future. For instance, Morata finally scored yesterday haha ! Now, if Azpi could finally adjust to his position, you will see our defence being much stronger than it currently has been so far.

On 10/10/2018 at 08:05, PloKoon13 said:

Apparently Jardim is about to get the sack from Monaco - a good opportunity for someone on the market.

Now official. 

One win in their opening 9 games with 5 defeats already. 

Crazy to think they won the title a couple of seasons ago but they've absolutely stripped that squad of all their best players. Mbappe, Bernado Silva, Mendy, Moutinho, Bakayoko (sort of) all gone. 

There's not many players left in that squad that many of the big clubs would be sniffing around. 

5 hours ago, ForeverCarefree said:

Now official. 

Crazy to think they won the title a couple of seasons ago but they've absolutely stripped that squad of all their best players. Mbappe, Bernado Silva, Mendy, Moutinho, Bakayoko (sort of) all gone. 

There's not many players left in that squad that many of the big clubs would be sniffing around. 

Interesting article by the Guardian, seems to imply the transfer policy is to blame.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/oct/11/monaco-leonardo-jardim-manager-ligue-1

Related image

Lemar too.

Now official. 

Out of interest, fellow forum members, which team in the PL do you want to fail the most this season? 

Mine's Tottenham.

<rant>

Can't stand their smug manager, their focus on Kane as the Second Coming (and the media's obsession with him) , their fans who think they are actually going to win something under Poch and their awful, sometimes dirty players (Vertonghen, Alli, Rose, Lamela, Dier) .

My housemate won't hear a bad word about them, can never admit when they're sh*t and believes they weren't outplayed by Barca recently. I really want to see them crash and burn, and hope the cost of their new stadium mean they are stuck in mid-table quagmire for the next 5 years, unable to buy players and see Poch f**k off to Real Madrid and Kane leave in a couple of seasons when he realises they will win f**k all. 

</rant>

1 hour ago, Blueblur said:

Out of interest, fellow forum members, which team in the PL do you want to fail the most this season? 

Mine's Tottenham.

<rant>

Can't stand their smug manager, their focus on Kane as the Second Coming (and the media's obsession with him) , their fans who think they are actually going to win something under Poch and their awful, sometimes dirty players (Vertonghen, Alli, Rose, Lamela, Dier) .

My housemate won't hear a bad word about them, can never admit when they're sh*t and believes they weren't outplayed by Barca recently. I really want to see them crash and burn, and hope the cost of their new stadium mean they are stuck in mid-table quagmire for the next 5 years, unable to buy players and see Poch f**k off to Real Madrid and Kane leave in a couple of seasons when he realises they will win f**k all. 

</rant>

HAHA your hatred for them is strong.....good, very good.

2 hours ago, Blueblur said:

Mine's Tottenham.

<rant>

</rant>

Not that I like Arsenal, but Tottenham being out of the CL places would be good cause for the LULZ.

Also for the LULZ - none other than Usain Bolt:

https://www.foxsports.com.au/football/usain-bolts-trial-live-blog/news-story/080ea94770cd073187da8a08dc90a242

2 hours ago, Blueblur said:

Tottenham and Tottenham reserves. Closely followed by West Ham. I realise the Spurs aren't in the PL but the more Spurs teams that suffer all the better.

Edited by Boyne

Apart from tottenham of course, I want those bin dippers to lose massively this season : Hoping PSG will do an atlético and kill them on the counters and that Napoli will beat them at anfailed too !! Generally, I wish all the other teams in the top 6 (manure sihtty spuds le arse bin dippers) to do fcuk all + I really wanna see spammers, crystal meth palace (I like to call them pigeons or sihtting seagulls) and bumley to go down to championship. Also, I hope Leeds remain in the depths of football league and /or get smashed in the PL to go down just after one season :Animation4:

6 hours ago, Blueblur said:

Apart from the obvious, Southampton for no other reason than I’m originally from Portsmouth and have an irrational hatred of the scummers. If Newcastle could go down and stay there too that’d be lovely. 

On the other side is there anyone you’d like to see do well/decent/not get relegated?

Bournemouth & Wolves for me solely because they’re trying to actually play football and are quite entertaining to watch. 

Edited by Munkworth
Punctuation

On 12/10/2018 at 11:37, Blueblur said:

Mine's Tottenham.

<rant>

</rant>

This season, my choice would be Liverpool. They are being treated as this perfect super team made of gold at the moment, and it's sickening. Seeing them fail again would be incredibly satisfying.

Mine's Tottenham.

Am unsure now I have a deep hatred for Arsenal having been to school in south Tottenham with all arsenal fan's it was a nightmare so seeing them fail is golden.