ForeverCarefree

Following Our Nearest & Dearest Rivals, 2018/2019

11 minutes ago, atomis said:

As good as Dyke is and has shown to be worth the outlet, he cant touch the likes of JT and Vidic......nowhere near their immense level. I rather have peak RC too.

In an era of average defenders, somebody like Van Dijk is going to stand out more than most. He's good, but he wouldn't look so impressive if he was around with the likes of Terry, Carvalho, Vidic, Ferdinand, Nesta, Cannavaro and many more.

9 minutes ago, The Brit said:

Ffs, Liverpool fans already moaning saying Kompany should have been sent off

That’s the Liverpool way but, always the victim. They always grab an incident like the Kompany tackle and they will hammer on and on about it until they convince themselves that everyone is against them, they were robbed and  they were the best team. I haven’t listened too, nor will I, but I guarantee that they are now bombarding Talksh*t with this crap and will do constantly for the next couple of days.

A couple of guys I know still go on about the ‘Ramos Assault’ on Salah in the CL final.

I really dislike Liverpool.

5 minutes ago, Scott Harris said:

In an era of average defenders, somebody like Van Dijk is going to stand out more than most. He's good, but he wouldn't look so impressive if he was around with the likes of Terry, Carvalho, Vidic, Ferdinand, Nesta, Cannavaro and many more.

Can only agree.....the level has gone way down sadly......I f**king loved watching usdefend like lions. No one shall pass if we didnt want it to. Sadly a dying art. Its like folks just dont want it anymore......it must be pass pass attack attack......imo you sort out the defence then build on.

1 minute ago, goose said:

That’s the Liverpool way but, always the victim. They always grab an incident like the Kompany tackle and they will hammer on and on about it until they convince themselves that everyone is against them, they were robbed and  they were the best team. I haven’t listened too, nor will I, but I guarantee that they are now bombarding Talksh*t with this crap and will do constantly for the next couple of days.

A couple of guys I know still go on about the ‘Ramos Assault’ on Salah in the CL final.

I didn't even think it was foul, thought it was a good tackle. Tackling/contact is sadly being wiped out, and it is a shame how the game is being sterilised.

8 minutes ago, Scott Harris said:

Rudiger is for me better than Van Dijk, you can see how he gets exposed as soon as the press-attack of Klopp fails to work but Rudiger can play pressured.

3 minutes ago, goose said:

Liverpool have a different ethnic mix from the English due to the Irish influence that might be why they appear so insular and defensive.

I was amazed Stevie G went to Rangers, not sure if it was dislike of Brendan or a chance to stick one up the Liverpool Celtic mob or just saw it as a good job.

7 minutes ago, Osgood is Good said:

I didn't even think it was foul, thought it was a good tackle. Tackling/contact is sadly being wiped out, and it is a shame how the game is being sterilised.

It's the main reason my interest in football has dropped massively, defending is almost looked down on now. Any good defensive set up is seen as negative, its basically being phased out. 

52 minutes ago, carrickblue said:

game on guys - we're only 10 points off top spot, come on Chelsea!

Should be 2. Wolves, Leicester and Southampton 8 easy points dropped.

4 minutes ago, dkw said:

It's the main reason my interest in football has dropped massively, defending is almost looked down on now. Any good defensive set up is seen as negative, its basically being phased out. 

Same as mate, and not just the tackling for me, but all the screaming like babies when players are tackled, the diving etc has ruined it all for me. 

14 minutes ago, atomis said:

Can only agree.....the level has gone way down sadly......I f**king loved watching usdefend like lions. No one shall pass if we didnt want it to. Sadly a dying art. Its like folks just dont want it anymore......it must be pass pass attack attack......imo you sort out the defence then build on.

I look at players like Ramos at Real Madrid, and people think he is a world class defender. Back when the likes of Terry, Carvalho and Vidic were at their peak, everybody thought Ramos was poor defender in comparison, the guy couldn't defend. I don't think he has improved that much, he get's big goals in big games, but defensively I think he is bang average. He has just as many mistakes in his game as David Luiz does.

5 minutes ago, dkw said:

I hate it when people say "playing the right way", it always feels like a dig at defensive football when people say that. 

Defensive performances shouldn't be looked down on, it takes a massive amount of skill and concentration to pull it off. There is a reason why Barcelona hated playing us, it's because we weren't soft defensively like 99% of the teams they faced. 

I will never look down on defensive football. 1) I enjoy watching great defending 2) Some times it is necessary 3) We won the Champions League putting in the best defensive performances I have ever seen.

1 hour ago, axman2526 said:

And a poor United when jose was still there lol.

Why we haven’t got a 100% record this season I don’t know! We should steamroll everyone with our conservative midfield and lack of out and out goal scorers. I blame Hazard, should carry us for every game not just most of them the selfish little...

2 hours ago, Munkworth said:

Why we haven’t got a 100% record this season I don’t know! We should steamroll everyone with our conservative midfield and lack of out and out goal scorers. I blame Hazard, should carry us for every game not just most of them the selfish little...

Nah spurs were better than us and deserved that win, by rights arsenal and city should have buried us with the chances they had.

But Everton, west ham, wolves and Leicester were all games we really should have won.

9 hours ago, dansubrosa said:

I think Van Dijk is bloody quality. 

Hard to disagree, as much as it pains me with him playing for that lot. He's certainly better than we've got right now.

Great game to watch, really enjoyed it and thankfully the right outcome.

Glad Man City won last night, as Liverpool so far ahead I feel would have been very hard to peg back. 

Yeah I know it's early January and anything can happen. I just felt them being so far ahead, would have given them more confidence and momentum.

Here is hoping that the gap at the top continues to shrink! Just so long as its not Spurs who challenge! 

Basically its Man City or bust as far as i'm concerned. Unless of course Chelsea could.... Nah shut up Adam! 

Thanks goodness Liverpool lost, can't handle another day of ' the best team in the world' talk. I reckon there's a good chance Liverpool throws the FA cup game this weekend to concentrate on the league.

Watching Bernardo Silva and Fernandinho yesterday you have to think that is excactly the kind of players we would want in our midfield. Silva in Kante's position and Fernandinho where Jorginho is playing.

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, Scott Harris said:

I look at players like Ramos at Real Madrid, and people think he is a world class defender. Back when the likes of Terry, Carvalho and Vidic were at their peak, everybody thought Ramos was poor defender in comparison, the guy couldn't defend. I don't think he has improved that much, he get's big goals in big games, but defensively I think he is bang average. He has just as many mistakes in his game as David Luiz does.

Yeah he got moved to CB under Jose......very good here and there but as you said has nothing on those you mentioned. Defending takes immense skills.....man I miss those Chelsea.

On another note: Both the victims and the media up in arm that Kompany should be off......funny its nowhere to be seen when they get help on a weekly basis.....or when they dive. That tackle on Mertens by Dyke was far far worse and I saw Jack sh*t about it.

Edited by atomis