ForeverCarefree

Following Our Nearest & Dearest Rivals, 2018/2019

I don’t doubt for a second that Diego is manager’s nightmare but his talent and goal scoring ability speaks for itself. 

He’s the best goal scorer I’ve had the pleasure to watch in my time supporting Chelsea and his willingness to do the dirty work didn’t hurt either. 

That we weren’t able to keep him at Chelsea longer and that we’ve to date not replaced his presence and goals is frustrating. 

30 minutes ago, ForeverCarefree said:

I don’t doubt for a second that Diego is manager’s nightmare but his talent and goal scoring ability speaks for itself. 

He’s the best goal scorer I’ve had the pleasure to watch in my time supporting Chelsea and his willingness to do the dirty work didn’t hurt either. 

That we weren’t able to keep him at Chelsea longer and that we’ve to date not replaced his presence and goals is frustrating. 

Boy, we could do with a Costa right now. But only a Costa who was in the mood, wanted to be here and up for it.

He was great that first season but folk are too happy to overlook what a sulky, waste of space he became once the China move cropped up and then fell through. Really no point going over the "we should have tried to keep him" and "it's all Conte's fault for sending him a text" argument. He had become just as useless as Torres and Morata at their worst so we did the right thing.

But I know it doesn't stop us pining for what we once had!

4 minutes ago, Drogba11CFC said:

We should have gone all out for Lukaku.

he would definitely thrive in Sarriball 

Edited by theone

22 hours ago, yorkleyblue said:

Keeping up is one thing, I still have no idea what that all means.  I was in the Anti-Nazi League many years ago, and I believe  that some local football team is in the Johnson's Paint League or somesuch.  Never heard of your league,  though.  Is it one of your Belgian things?

It depends if the answer comes from under or above De Moerdijk, YB.

There's a big difference!

24 minutes ago, Krc-fan said:

It depends if the answer comes from under or above De Moerdijk, YB.

There's a big difference!

To quote myself, again, "I still have no idea what that all means. "  BUT, I have found something called "google" and that has told me

"Above the Moerdijk (meaning "north of Moerdijk") is used as an expression in Belgium and the southern parts of the Netherlands to mean "in the Netherlands" or "in Holland".

Below the Moerdijk (meaning "south of Moerdijk" or "below the major rivers") is also a Dutch expression for the Catholic provinces North Brabant and Limburg. This expression is used particularly around Mardi Gras in relation to the region's traditional carnival culture, which (with a few local exceptions) does not exist north of the major rivers."

So, i then found something called "google maps" and I think you might be working under a misconception @Krc-fan.  To us in the UK, there is France, Spain and Italy  (sun and beach holiday destinations, wine and good food) and Germany and Belgium (not holiday destinations at all, piss-poor beer and sausages)

So, Above or Below is basically irrelevant, but thanks for the information.  I'm sure that Belgians and "the dutch" think of themselves as different in the same way as Irish people  do in the north and south. 

Edited by yorkleyblue

1 hour ago, Drogba11CFC said:

We should have gone all out for Lukaku.

1 hour ago, theone said:

he would definitely thrive in Sarriball 

That there is the problem with the internet in a nutshell.  Sarcasm just really does not come across.  At all.   Just a waste of typing.

2 minutes ago, yorkleyblue said:

That there is the problem with the internet in a nutshell.  Sarcasm just really does not come across.  At all.   Just a waste of typing.

Are you being sarcastic right now?

Looked like Ramos was trying to do a Salah on Diego who was having none of it and then when tripping over him caught him in the head.

The only thing I would say is it looked like both accepted the Refs dressing down and got on with it.

Cracking first goal from DC

1 hour ago, yorkleyblue said:

I'm sure that Belgians and "the dutch" think of themselves as different in the same way as Irish people  do in the north and south. 

Don't know what you mean with Irish in the north and south. That's too difficult for me.

But, for us in Belgium ... we love the Dutch onder de Moerdijk. The Dutch above de Moerdijk, we send back years ago. They were too noisy.

Belgium (not holiday destinations at all, piss-poor beer and sausages)

That must be the reason why we have so many English fugitives, recently. 

2 hours ago, yorkleyblue said:

So, Above or Below is basically irrelevant, but thanks for the information.   

It was in our history.

I can give you a lot more in the politics thread.

I want to thank you for all that work you have done! You are a good man!

Further with ou nearest dearest rivals.

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, Strider6003 said:

Looked like Ramos was trying to do a Salah on Diego who was having none of it and then when tripping over him caught him in the head.

The only thing I would say is it looked like both accepted the Refs dressing down and got on with it.

Cracking first goal from DC

Navas really shouldn't be beaten there though cracking goal but terrible keeping

2 hours ago, PedroMendez said:

Navas really shouldn't be beaten there though cracking goal but terrible keeping

what about Varane & Ramos? They were pissed poor on that play as well

X6tb-hhtfwqr9866494.gif

Some interesting posts about spuds stadium delay on redcafe

I heard, through a friend of a friend at Mace, only 35 of 300 fire alarm loops work at the new ground and there is no chance it will open this year. They have been asked to price up 50 electricians to try and get it done but minimum of 3-4 months work.

followed by

DktsbjrW0AAomn4.jpg:large

The most telling part of that is they are wanting people to do the containment, which means the loops not working is a bit of a red herring, the loops cant be there if theres no cable management ha ha....